Why does NPR exist? Public funded!? Good bye

Do you listen? Doubtfull. Therefore your opinion is meaningless.

Trump hates it because Pompeo's actions are indefensible. So he goes after NPR.

I'm sending in an extra donation.

They will respond with a special card making you Cat Lady level donor.

Nope. It's anyone who is a congenital liar or is a member of the Trump cult (the two are indistinguishable.
Is this HRC? Hyperbole is not the same as lying. I pay my taxes, I am not a criminal and I chose to exercise my right to vote as a citizen for Trump over HRC. So does that make me a “member of the cult and a liar”? This is the issue with this country. People deal in absolutes. I look Forward to hearing your answer.

You are welcome to hearing my answer. I was responding to the remarks of another. Not you.

I'm not talking about hyperbole.

I'm talking about flat out lying.

Like Pompeo just did.

And I'm tired of people defending stuff like this.
Lying like Trump and Tulsi Gabbard are Russian assets? Lies like private servers and smashed blackberries and iPads? Lies like stating you’re Native American when you’re not? Lies like imitating a phone call but changing the verbiage? Lies are par for the course in Washington and we need an unbiased source to report them.

The Democrats gave America a terrible option in 2016 and they for some reason want to repeat themselves in 2020. If Trump wins again they only have themselves to blame. Right now I will definitely vote for him again.

So? Is that some how supposed to justify the extreme and bizarre amount of lying being excused? What Pompeo did? Subjecting a journalist to a filthy tirade and then lying about her afterwards?

WHEN IS IT ENOUGH? At what point do you stop excusing the extreme? That is what I don't get. Not the ordinary political lies we always hear. But the extremes we are beset with now.

When will you move beyond "but but xyz does it!" - cause, as far as I know, xyz did not act like Pompeo did.

Nope. It's anyone who is a congenital liar or is a member of the Trump cult (the two are indistinguishable.
Is this HRC? Hyperbole is not the same as lying. I pay my taxes, I am not a criminal and I chose to exercise my right to vote as a citizen for Trump over HRC. So does that make me a “member of the cult and a liar”? This is the issue with this country. People deal in absolutes. I look Forward to hearing your answer.

You are welcome to hearing my answer. I was responding to the remarks of another. Not you.

Like Pompeo just did.

Lying like Trump and Tulsi Gabbard are Russian assets? Lies like private servers and smashed blackberries and iPads? Lies like stating you’re Native American when you’re not? Lies like imitating a phone call but changing the verbiage? Lies are par for the course in Washington and we need an unbiased source to report them.

The Democrats gave America a terrible option in 2016 and they for some reason want to repeat themselves in 2020. If Trump wins again they only have themselves to blame. Right now I will definitely vote for him again.

So? Is that some how supposed to justify the extreme and bizarre amount of lying being excused? What Pompeo did? Subjecting a journalist to a filthy tirade and then lying about her afterwards?

WHEN IS IT ENOUGH? At what point do you stop excusing the extreme? That is what I don't get. Not the ordinary political lies we always hear. But the extremes we are beset with now.

When will you move beyond "but but xyz does it!" - cause, as far as I know, xyz did not act like Pompeo did.
Pompeo was a disgrace in the way he acted

So Trump will take it out on NPR

Like Pompeo just did.

You never move beyond it because the Left has gone so far left that even moderates like myself are tolerating awful behavior from the right. I do not know who is right or wrong anymore because the media doesn’t report facts just opinions on facts.

Even on this board, logical people rarely agree. It is a microcosm of the world around us.

NPR and PBS should not be funded by taxpayers.

I listen occasionally and I do watch several PBS programs. Every break is filled with a beg-fest for "listener" support.

Like Pompeo just did.

He will? Your ESP says as much? Let’s allow this to play out and then opine.

Trump questions why NPR exists after Pompeo clashes with reporter

Why is that crap!? Anyone listen? I hear trump is questioning it’s existence.

Well....to edumacate people like you. If you've ever had to travel through silent country where (all you have is right-of-right talk radio and big haired preachers telling you of eternal damnation)..at then ends of the radio dial, there is NPR and public access radio..you might find some perspective and education on not only issues that concern the US of A but also the world...and that's a good thing.

Oh yeah, and if I was this reporter, I'd have asked Pompeo where Russia was on his blank map...I'd say he'd be wrong...50/50.
Ahh education you say lol that’s funny

Yikes..anything? What about education? If you actually listened to NPR, what are you afraid of learning? The world beyond your comfortable right wing bubble of "truth"...where people actually suffer..and it's not funny.

What are they suffering from?

Like Pompeo just did.

You never move beyond it because the Left has gone so far left that even moderates like myself are tolerating awful behavior from the right. I do not know who is right or wrong anymore because the media doesn’t report facts just opinions on facts.

Even on this board, logical people rarely agree. It is a microcosm of the world around us.

The problem is, the right, in THIS case, has lost it's moral compass. It's not me "not moving beyond" anything - it's the Trump Cult (and yes, it acts like a cult) behaving in ways that were never before acceptable.

The way Yavanovich was treated, the way Mary Louise Kelly was treated and the blatant easily disproved lies. There is a culture of bullying and threatening and lying that is trickling down from the Trump Administration and infecting all who surround it. What used to be "not ok" is now "ok" and it's not a left/right thing. It's a "who in the hell are we now" thing.

I didn’t realize all of our misinformed democrats on USMB listened to this crap,, maybe it will help if they stop listening to uneducated people spew propaganda.

Well....to edumacate people like you. If you've ever had to travel through silent country where (all you have is right-of-right talk radio and big haired preachers telling you of eternal damnation)..at then ends of the radio dial, there is NPR and public access radio..you might find some perspective and education on not only issues that concern the US of A but also the world...and that's a good thing.

Oh yeah, and if I was this reporter, I'd have asked Pompeo where Russia was on his blank map...I'd say he'd be wrong...50/50.

Yikes..anything? What about education? If you actually listened to NPR, what are you afraid of learning? The world beyond your comfortable right wing bubble of "truth"...where people actually suffer..and it's not funny.
You think impeaching the president for no reason is a education? Lol

Abuse of power and several sections of the FEC laws on foreign interference in our elections isn't a reason?? (even if Dems won't cite the laws??).

Yeah..that's not "no reason"....No reason is impeaching a president over lying about a bj..."Yeah..because he lied under oath...and it's because he didn't worship our Sky Pixie and give him the credence he was due...Constitution...we believe...

Like Pompeo just did.

Nothing to do with ESP, an analysis of Trump's behavior would indicate a high probability that he will try to go after NPR. At least NPR's executives (unlike Pompeo) stand behind their people.

I didn’t realize all of our misinformed democrats on USMB listened to this crap,, maybe it will help if they stop listening to uneducated people spew propaganda.

I don't listen to you anyway.

Abuse of power and several sections of the FEC laws on foreign interference in our elections isn't a reason?? (even if Dems won't cite the laws??).

Yeah..that's not "no reason"....No reason is impeaching a president over lying about a bj..."Yeah..because he lied under oath...and it's because he didn't worship our Sky Pixie and give him the credence he was due...Constitution...we believe...
7 of them omg! Lol well good for trump for watching out for my money

I don't listen to you anyway.
I know because you might learn something

What, are you trying to claim that propaganda is now "educational"?

Thank you no.
No one is getting any valuable education on there,, it’s left wing propaganda.. tbt shit is killing thousands every year

Like Pompeo just did.

The problem is, the right, in THIS case, has lost it's moral compass. It's not me "not moving beyond" anything - it's the Trump Cult (and yes, it acts like a cult) behaving in ways that were never before acceptable.

The way Yavanovich was treated, the way Mary Louise Kelly was treated and the blatant easily disproved lies. There is a culture of bullying and threatening and lying that is trickling down from the Trump Administration and infecting all who surround it. What used to be "not ok" is now "ok" and it's not a left/right thing. It's a "who in the hell are we now" thing.
Masha was treated fairly. Cannot speak to Kelly. The Left began this dirty war and the Country responded with Trump. Now families are divided over this. The radicals have turned this country against itself.

Like Pompeo just did.

Nothing to do with ESP, an analysis of Trump's behavior would indicate a high probability that he will try to go after NPR. At least NPR's executives (unlike Pompeo) stand behind their people.
The Left uses Trump as an excuse but they previously demonized Romney who is basically a choir boy and of course Brett Kavanaugh. The Left has lost all credibility and they are the cause of Donald Trump. You reap what you sow.

7 of them omg! Lol well good for trump for watching out for my money

NPR does watch out for your money...all the while asking for it...and you should give it to them. An excellent return on your money as well as a good education. Expand your world beyond the alt-right echo chamber of the Hannity/Levin/Limbaugh world of....progressives and liberals bad...conservatives..just and righteous.

Speak of the devil. Just came from your last comment, and see this. I'm that guy. I not only listen, but support the local station, nothing big, but about once a year, so I can get way, way overprice mugs for the collection and new sticker to replace the one on the back of the jeep. Their news not highly slanted as they are not trying to fill 24 hours, their entertainment often humorous, often informative. You are probably aware most of the funding is from the public, not the government. Not being the largest funding, Trump probably doesn't like another voice, he cannot control.

Forum List

Back