Why does NPR exist? Public funded!? Good bye

I support NPR with my donations and often listen to them. PBS? Less so but to each their own. Having said that, I think it is time that they both stood up on their own two feet. They aren't start ups anymore and the media environment is far more diverse now than it was when they were started.

If you actually wanted to save money you'd want to ban corporate subsidies which contribute zero to the economy.

If you want to ban actual subsidies, I'm all for it.

However, if you want to ban tax deductions (which you falsely claim are subsidies)... ok, but all deductions have to go. All tax deductions. And you need to make a constitutional amendment that politicians can not write in new deductions.

And understand, this means that all your left-wing causes are going to die. Eco-freak groups, Sierra Club, National Parks Assocations, all are going to disappear, or be entirely marginalized. Education, Ivy League schools, all those NEA groups... all going to die off. All your special interest groups, and green energy groups, and social justice wartards.... all are going to be cut off from the tax deductions, and die off.

What goes around, comes around. You can not say these deductions are bad, and these deductions are good. I like the subsidies for groups I like, and I hate the subsidies for groups I hate.

You don't get to play that game.

It's all or nothing. You choose. But whatever rule you put in place on others, will be the rule put in place on you.

I wrote "corporate subsidies." Nice try.

I would rather see the regular cooking shows, where people make things that I would like to eat and where I can get tips and suggestions and good ideas for recipes.
I like the ones where they use techniques and ingredients that are available to the common cook.

Forum List

Back