Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf?

Nothing stands against the holy spirit?
Why then did God have a battle in heaven with revolting angels?

Because Satan did not want to meet up with God in Eden where he was told to insure that A & E sinned so that God could murder his son as he had planned to do even before the first sin. God wanted to self-aggrandise himself and Satan thought that that was going too far and a horrible sin on God's part. Satan did not want to be seen helping God be such a prick and have the world think of him of being as big of a prick as God.

Rev 13; 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Regards
DL

Last edited:

Because Satan did not want to meet up with God in Eden where he was told to insure that A & E sinned so that God could murder his son as he had planned to do even before the first sin. God wanted to self-aggrandise himself and Satan thought that that was going too far and a horrible sin on God's part. Satan did not want to be seen helping God be such a prick and have the world think of him of being as big of a prick as God.

Rev 13; 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Regards
DL

Who exactly do you think is being slain in that verse?

It is a damned good thing that most Christians do not follow their theology and Christian God's laws or the rest of the population would have most of them in jail.

Which one of God's 10 commandments is a jail-able offense? Because as Christ ians, those are what we are commanded to follow.

It is a shame we don't love our neighbor as much as we love ourselves, not a good thing.

They are rhetorical garbage.

How would you explain to a girl that she must respect her mother and father when the father has raped her while her mother turned a blind eye?

Yep. Good commandments that even God could not keep when he coveted Mary, another man's woman for reproduction and then became a deadbeat dad by taking off.

Are those 10 the only laws from God?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-2_LqOS3uo]Martin Sheen burns a hypo-christian - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

And why would you think a child is called to honor someone dishonorable? She's not. She is told to honor a mother and father who were given specific guide lines as to her rearing.
If they followed their father Satan, instead of God, and they harmed her, I would tell her to give love where she gets love. Then I would take her and love her as my own.

God coveting Mary is disgusting rhetorical garbage, and extremely offensive to me.
God need not covet His own creation. Mary was chosen because of her purity, and bloodline. She, and consequently her son, Jesus, are from the royal line of King David. She fulfilled prophesy, belonged to no man at the time and GAVE HER CONSENT to the plan, and stared death right in the face while doing so!!!
We glorify teen pregnancies today, and give them TV shows. Back then they stoned them to death. That little girl was fearless before the event, and fearless afterward. She chose. She was not forced.

God is as close to Mary and the rest of us as is thought. He makes our path straight and our minds clear. He loves us beyond our understanding, and is instantly accessible. Ask Elijah.

I don't mind your questions about my faith, your lack of understanding of my faith, or lack of knowledge concerning my faith.
I am appalled at your lack of respect regarding my faith.

us, perplexing isn't it? God is held to a code of conduct and keeping that code makes Him 100% just. Satan demands it. God has no problem with it. It is how God was able to offer life to sinners instead of death. Christ was not Christ on that cross. He was me. He was you. And we were spared our death sentence by pure blood replacing blood infected with sin. God remained 100% just according to the rules, and yet salvaged us according to His love.

Have you read Daniel?
Because of it I started out, but the prince of the kingdom of Persia stood in my way for twenty-one days, until finally Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me. I left him there with the prince of the kings of Persia, and came to make you understand what shall happen to your people in the days to come; for there is yet a vision concerning those days."

While we are not told why Gabriel had to go get Michael, (who was at war with the "prince" of the "Kings" of Persia,) to help him fight the principalities preventing him from getting to Daniel, it appears that angels seem equally yoked as far as power is concerned.
But, in His time, His Son will remove the powers and principalities from their positions to the area He has designated for Satan and his followers. Tartarus.

Why He didn't just zap Satan out of existence is a mystery to me, but may have something to do with being 100% just and may be training for us, because our fight is with powers and princes we can't see now, but we will be equipped to do battle with as we return with Christ to fight the battle of Armageddon. Fighting Satan now, may be basic training for the opponent we will face later.

Regards
DL

Who exactly do you think is being slain in that verse?

The lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

Not all the world of course. Just those with their heads firmly up God's ass.

Those Christians whose morals have been matched to Satan's.

The kind with a double standard.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mJCCARjyNM]Christians are morally compromised. - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

"I don't mind your questions about my faith, your lack of understanding of my faith, or lack of knowledge concerning my faith. I am appalled at your lack of respect regarding my faith."

Faith without facts is for fools.

Why should I respect your faith based woo?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPAC_cGVnUg&feature=related]Why does faith deserve respect? - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

BTW. I am not an atheist. I am an esoteric ecumenist and Gnostic Christian.

Regards
DL

Oh, okay. Apologies.
That said, I have no idea what Gnostic Christianity is. I've heard of Gnosticism but I don't know a lot about it.

Why don't you ask God?

I asked God a lot of questions before I left, and was only met with silence.
Was my faith not strong enough?

No... it could be you weren't listening.

One of the ways God speaks to us is through scripture. That's why it's important to read the Bible for yourself and not have someone tell you what it says. A verse can mean something totally different from one person to another.

Haha, that was one of the problems that people had with me. I had my own (very loose) interpretation of the Book and... that didn't sit well with people who take a very literal view of the Book.

Scriptures say that God gave Satan/Super Wolf dominion over the earth and the power to deceive all of us on this world.

Jesus often used the shepherd and sheep analogy in scriptures.

Following that analogy and the fact that Jesus has been gone for some time now, one must wonder why, if our souls are so important to Jesus, he has left us and past generations at Satan’s mercy.

No shepherd I ever heard of would be so irresponsible to his duty to his flock.
Especially since scriptures tell us that more sheep will be taken by Satan than protected by the shepherd.

Another breach of duty, FMPOV, is that Satan has been sentenced to hell by God, yet justice delayed is considered justice denied by most and God is denying mankind that justice.

I appreciate the free will argument that some might put but our free will was rescinded by God the moment he gave Satan the power to deceive us against our will. That situation is depicted somewhat in this clip which speaks to God letting Satan have his way with us.

How God Favors Evil - YouTube

This clip is just to show what some think of the shepherd analogy.

Christians say the Dumbest Things - YouTube

Can you shed some light on these two issues for me?

Regards
DL

You've already made up your mind who's side you are on, so what purpose does it serve to try yet again to explain anything to you? Your mocking of God and those who love Him is obvious; your words filled with lies and hatred.

BTW. I am not an atheist. I am an esoteric ecumenist and Gnostic Christian.

Regards
DL

Oh, okay. Apologies.
That said, I have no idea what Gnostic Christianity is. I've heard of Gnosticism but I don't know a lot about it.

"The Gnostic God concept is more subtle than that of most religions. In its way, it unites and reconciles the recognitions of Monotheism and Polytheism, as well as of Theism, Deism and Pantheism."

The Gnostic World View: A Brief Summary of Gnosticism

There are many types of Gnostic beliefs but the bottom line to most is that access to God is within all of us without the need for a religious hierarchy showing us the way.

Let me give you my anecdotal story for reference. Not for belief as I would not believe it myself without a personal experience to back it up. I believe in facts, not faith.

The Godhead I know in a nutshell.
I was a skeptic till the age of 39.
I then had an apotheosis and later branded myself an esoteric ecumenist and Gnostic Christian. Gnostic Christian because I exemplify this quote from William Blake.

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white.”

This refers to how Gnostics tend to reverse, for moral reasons, what Christians see in the Bible. We tend to recognize the evil ways of O T God where literal Christians will see God’s killing as good. Christians are sheep where Gnostic Christians are goats.
This is perhaps why we see the use of a Jesus scapegoat as immoral, while theists like to make Jesus their beast of burden. An immoral position.

During my apotheosis, something that only lasted 5 or 6 seconds, the only things of note to happen was that my paradigm of reality was confirmed and I was chastised to think more demographically. What I found was what I call a cosmic consciousness. Not a new term but one that is a close but not exact fit.

I recognize that I have no proof. That is always the way with apotheosis.
This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no one has yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than they for the cosmic consciousness.

The cosmic consciousness is not a miracle working God. He does not interfere with us save when one of us finds it. Not a common thing from what I can see. It is a part of nature and our next evolutionary step.

I tend to have more in common with atheists who ignore what they see as my delusion because our morals are basically identical. Theist tend not to like me much as I have no respect for literalists and fundamentals and think that most Christians have tribal mentalities and poor morals.

I am rather between a rock and a hard place but this I cannot help.

I am happy to be questioned on what I believe but whether or not God exists is basically irrelevant to this world for all that he does not do, and I prefer to thrash out moral issues that can actually find an end point. The search for God is never ending when you are of the Gnostic persuasion. My apotheosis basically says that I am to discard whatever God I found, God as a set of rules that is, not idol worship it but instead, raise my bar and seek further.

My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration or obedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and is the supreme being.

Regards
DL

[

You've already made up your mind who's side you are on, so what purpose does it serve to try yet again to explain anything to you? Your mocking of God and those who love Him is obvious; your words filled with lies and hatred.

What lies?

Regards
DL

Scriptures say that God gave Satan/Super Wolf dominion over the earth and the power to deceive all of us on this world.

Jesus often used the shepherd and sheep analogy in scriptures.

Following that analogy and the fact that Jesus has been gone for some time now, one must wonder why, if our souls are so important to Jesus, he has left us and past generations at Satan’s mercy.

No shepherd I ever heard of would be so irresponsible to his duty to his flock.
Especially since scriptures tell us that more sheep will be taken by Satan than protected by the shepherd.

Another breach of duty, FMPOV, is that Satan has been sentenced to hell by God, yet justice delayed is considered justice denied by most and God is denying mankind that justice.

I appreciate the free will argument that some might put but our free will was rescinded by God the moment he gave Satan the power to deceive us against our will. That situation is depicted somewhat in this clip which speaks to God letting Satan have his way with us.

How God Favors Evil - YouTube

This clip is just to show what some think of the shepherd analogy.

Christians say the Dumbest Things - YouTube

Can you shed some light on these two issues for me?

Regards
DL

You missed somethin' somewhere, dear. Jesus actually left us grace and not subjectivity to evil. That takes believers out of Satan's power.

The trick is trust. Learn to trust in Jesus, and you'll get it. That's why the scriptures say: "His yoke is easy. His burden is light."

Get it?

Hope so.

C-ya. :)

[

You missed somethin' somewhere, dear. Jesus actually left us grace and not subjectivity to evil. That takes believers out of Satan's power.

The trick is trust. Learn to trust in Jesus, and you'll get it. That's why the scriptures say: "His yoke is easy. His burden is light."

Get it?

Hope so.

C-ya. :)

Strange that your quote automatically trumps mine and they come from the same WORD.

Oh well. If you want to let your saved ego shrink to normal and debate the issue, let me know.

You call your God a liar as Revelation clearly states that Satan can deceive the whole world.

Regards
DL

Jesus wasn't the shephard. He was the lamb.

Yes. The one God planned to murder even before God invented sin. Quite a father that.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

Regards
DL

I don't watch silly clips.

If you can't explain yourself in type, then you need to go back to school.

What you see in GIA is someone who has been educated by the television.

As you can see, it's not a raging success....ppl, take a hand in your child's education. Don't leave it entirely to the public schools and pbs, or you'll get ignorant zealots like gia.

God is all powerful and yet he cannot make Satan toe his line....

All myths :)

Spoken like those who believe that this life is the end all and be all. We are but a vapour. God wants those of faith and character in the everlasting Kingdom. Ya think a free ride is going to build your character. Most are already so full of themselves that they cannot see past an hour from now.

Spoken like those who believe that this life is the end all and be all. We are but a vapour. God wants those of faith and character in the everlasting Kingdom. Ya think a free ride is going to build your character. Most are already so full of themselves that they cannot see past an hour from now.

this life is the only provable life we have.
And yes I think that once we die we are just gone.

It is illogical that we would spend our whole lives learning to just become worm food.

It is illogical that we would spend our whole lives learning to just become worm food.

Why? Every other life form on earth does that. Why not humans?

What does every other life form learn??? Seems they are highly imprinted with survival skills only. Haven't seen any evidence of them staring at the sky pondering the meaning of their existence.

What does every other life form learn??? Seems they are highly imprinted with survival skills only. Haven't seen any evidence of them staring at the sky pondering the meaning of their existence.

Other animals learn, and some may be more intelligent than we are. Just limited by their environment. Ever talk to a whale?
How do you know a dog does not ponder the meaning of their existence?
Ponder all you want it does not make what you wish for true.
You were speaking of logic....

Forum List

Back