"Why does it take a catastrophe like this in order for America to hear our cry?

I was watching Fox and other stations last night reporting on this. The other stations reported a festival atmosphere. They talked about what the different leaders where saying. Talked about most of the arrested being adults and a whole host of things.
Over on Fox, they must have mentioned progressives a dozen times. Blamed Obama for everything. Said it was all ominous and how the attacks could start any minute. It really seemed like Fox was trying to instigate violence.

You left out the part that Fox was also talking about those same issues.
They have had interviews with the leaders and the people out on the street.
They had an interview with the Mom who got her son out of there.
Did any of the other stations have an interview with her?

No.

rO0ABXQAZGZ7aHR0cDovL3d3dy5pbmRlcGVuZGVudC5jby51ay9pbmNvbWluZy9hcnRpY2xlMTAyMTE4NjAuZWNlL2FsdGVybmF0ZXMvdzYyMC9iYWx0aW1vcmUuanBnfWY3Nzc3ZjMyMHQ=.jpg

A Baltimore protester challenged a journalist on how the American media has reported on the unrest in the city by asking why peaceful demonstrations against the death of Freddie Gray have been largely ignored in the press.

MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts was reporting from the scene of the violent riots sparked by Gray's funeral. The 25-year-old died of a spinal injury he sustained while in police custody.

During his live segment, he approached a Baltimore resident, who gave her name as Danielle, and asked why she was at the rally. Danielle said demonstrators were gathering to support the Gray family and to “let America know that we do want justice”

Baltimore protester challenges US media about coverage of riots over Freddie Gray death - Americas - World - The Independent

Simple to understand really.

"Today hundreds of protestors sat peacefully in drum circles protesting Freddie Gray's death."

or,

"Today hundreds of protestors riot and loot protesting Freddie Gray's death."

Which is "sexier?"

TV Media isn't in the news business. They're in the commercial advertizing business. And to get people to watch they have to show the worst-case scenario of everything or you're gonna turn the channel and watch someone else. Good news isn't watchable. Bad news is.

I was watching Fox and other stations last night reporting on this. The other stations reported a festival atmosphere. They talked about what the different leaders where saying. Talked about most of the arrested being adults and a whole host of things.
Over on Fox, they must have mentioned progressives a dozen times. Blamed Obama for everything. Said it was all ominous and how the attacks could start any minute. It really seemed like Fox was trying to instigate violence.

I live in Baltimore Co and you should hear some of the bogus stories being floated around.

The guy at the station said that one of his customers who is a cop said that Friday night they are going to riot from west baltimore and spread it all the way east.

"Like the Purge"

I just nodded and wondered if at any point he would think about the odds of a statewide riot occurring. But he didnt think about that...he said "I'm supposed to get off at 8pm and if they have a curfew out here (in the county) my friday night is ruined"

Uhh, ok dude

TV Media isn't in the news business. They're in the commercial advertizing business. And to get people to watch they have to show the worst-case scenario of everything or you're gonna turn the channel and watch someone else. Good news isn't watchable. Bad news is.

EXACTLY. Which is the whole point of doing something outrageous like torching a car -- it draws the attention of "news media" just as what "news media" does (it's not news) is to draw the attention of vulnerable TV victims for advertising -- the Prime Directive.

Drawing the attention of media is the whole point of protest signs, press releases and marches, and if the plaintiffs feel that's not working --- they escalate.

rO0ABXQAZGZ7aHR0cDovL3d3dy5pbmRlcGVuZGVudC5jby51ay9pbmNvbWluZy9hcnRpY2xlMTAyMTE4NjAuZWNlL2FsdGVybmF0ZXMvdzYyMC9iYWx0aW1vcmUuanBnfWY3Nzc3ZjMyMHQ=.jpg

A Baltimore protester challenged a journalist on how the American media has reported on the unrest in the city by asking why peaceful demonstrations against the death of Freddie Gray have been largely ignored in the press.

MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts was reporting from the scene of the violent riots sparked by Gray's funeral. The 25-year-old died of a spinal injury he sustained while in police custody.

During his live segment, he approached a Baltimore resident, who gave her name as Danielle, and asked why she was at the rally. Danielle said demonstrators were gathering to support the Gray family and to “let America know that we do want justice”

Baltimore protester challenges US media about coverage of riots over Freddie Gray death - Americas - World - The Independent

Simple to understand really.

"Today hundreds of protestors sat peacefully in drum circles protesting Freddie Gray's death."

or,

"Today hundreds of protestors riot and loot protesting Freddie Gray's death.

Which is "sexier?"

One guy who runs such a major operation put it this way:
"If you have two guys and one guy says "I have a way to bring peace to the Middle East" and the other guy falls into the orchestra pit, which one do you think is going to be on the evening news?"

--- that was Roger Ailes, CEO of Fox Noise.

snip:
Baltimore Is a Democrat Problem, Not America’s Problem
ap_ap-photo1644-640x427.jpg

The Associated Press
by John Nolte28 Apr 20152383

Contrary to the emotional blackmail some leftists are attempting to peddle, Baltimore is not America’s problem or shame. That failed city is solely and completely a Democrat problem. Like many failed cities, Detroit comes to mind, and every city besieged recently by rioting, Democrats and their union pals have had carte blanche to inflict their ideas and policies on Baltimore since 1967, the last time there was a Republican Mayor.

In 2012, after four years of his own failed policies, President Obama won a whopping 87.4% of the Baltimore City vote. Democrats run the city of Baltimore, the unions, the schools, and, yes, the police force. Since 1969, there have been only two Republican governors of the State of Maryland.

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD)
12%
Liberty Score
Voting Record
F
12%

has represented Baltimore in the U.S. Congress for more than thirty years. As I write this, despite his objectively disastrous reign, the Democrat-infested mainstream media is treating the Democrat like a local folk hero, not the obvious and glaring failure he really is.
Every single member of the Baltimore city council is a Democrat.

Liberalism and all the toxic government dependence and cronyism and union corruption and failed schools that comes along with it, has run amok in Baltimore for a half-century, and that is Baltimore’s problem. It is the free people of Baltimore who elect and then re-elect those who institute policies that have so spectacularly failed that once-great city. It is the free people of Baltimore who elected Mayor Room-To-Destroy.

You can call the arson and looting and violence we are seeing on our television screens, rioting. That’s one way to describe the chaos. Another way to describe it is Democrat infighting. This is blue-on-blue violence. The thugs using the suspicious death of Freddie Gray (at the hands of a Democrat-led police department) to justify the looting that updates their home entertainment systems, are Democrats protesting Democrat leaders and Democrat policies in a Democrat-run city.

Poverty has nothing to do with it. This madness and chaos and anarchy is a Democrat-driven culture that starts at the top with a racially-divisive White House heartbreakingly effective at ginning up hate and violence.

Where I currently reside here in Watauga County, North Carolina, the poverty level is 31.3%. Median income is only $34,293. In both of those areas we are much worse off than Baltimore, that has a poverty rate of only 23.8% and a median income of $41,385.

Despite all that, we don’t riot here in Watauga County. Thankfully, we have not been poisoned by the same left-wing culture that is rotting Baltimore, and so many other cities like it, from the inside out. We get along remarkably well. We are neighbors. We are people who help out one another. We take pride in our community, and are grateful for what we do have. We are far from perfect, but we work out our many differences in civilized ways. Solutions are our goal, not cronyism, narcissistic victimhood, and the blaming of others.

all of it here:

Baltimore Is a Democrat Problem Not America s Problem - Breitbart
Might be our problem but when coporations control our government its their fault.

How do they do it? They con you into voting with them. Dont vote for them they'll fuck you too. Send your job to mexico.

One primary reason it takes a catastrophe to hear their cry is that the PC Police have so diluted the notion of "racism" that many Americans are just sick of hearing about it. Cramming "racist" or "racism" into every last crack and crevice of our culture, turning a real and critical issue into a punchline, making a real problem even worse.

Then, when a real event happens, it's just added to the noise, it's more difficult to notice in the cacophony.

The PC Police have to know this, which is why I wonder about their real intentions.

One primary reason it takes a catastrophe to hear their cry is that the PC Police have so diluted the notion of "racism" that many Americans are just sick of hearing about it. Cramming "racist" or "racism" into every last crack and crevice of our culture, turning a real and critical issue into a punchline, making a real problem even worse.

Then, when a real event happens, it's just added to the noise, it's more difficult to notice in the cacophony.

The PC Police have to know this, which is why I wonder about their real intentions.

What an original analysis! Thanks!

I think many people has woken up to their real intentions. they PICK AND CHOOSE which person they want to wail about being injured or harassed. and Not one of out cry when it happens to a white person, Asian, Hispanic, etc

time for people to wake up

"Hey boss... we have 30 people walking down a street..10 or so are carrying signs...2 blocks away we have 300 police officers under attack...144 burning cars..and about 30 buildings on fire...WHICH ONE SHOULD WE COVER???

facepalm1.jpg
Good point really, and if the protestors advocated peace and patience more so than having such a crude rush to judgment, then the protest couldn't be highjacked by those who see weakness in their so called resolve or approach to the issues. Their should be strength shown through righteousness in which they should exhibit always when something happens.

I think many people has woken up to their real intentions. they PICK AND CHOOSE which person they want to wail about being injured or harassed. and Not one of out cry when it happens to a white person, Asian, Hispanic, etc

time for people to wake up

Has many people waked up? Or....has it been time for peoples to wake up? Makes up your minds, alreddy!

We see this total economic disaster for blue collar workers in Baltimore, LA, Chicago, Detroit, and a host of other large cities. What do they all have in common? They are run by LIBERALS!!!!!!! And yet, people insist we keep doing the same thing, over, and over, and over again. When is the black community going to wake up and realize that the left has screwed them, and only wants to keep them on the "liberal plantation" so as they can blame everyone who actually tries to help, and gets the community to vote for the left. All you need do is look at the cities, see who they are run by, then help educate the people who have been fooled by the poverty pimps, and the left!

Everyone here knows the rule----->fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. But here is the rest of the story-------------->fool me for 50 years and keep me on the plantation for your benefit and I can't figure it out, then I am as dumb as a box of rocks!!!!!!!

Last edited:
We see this total economic disaster for blue collar workers in Baltimore, LA, Chicago, Detroit, and a host of other large cities. What do they all have in common? They are run by LIBERALS!!!!!!! And yet, people insist we keep doing the same thing, over, and over, and over again. When is the black community going to wake up and realize that the left has screwed them, and only wants to keep them on the "liberal plantation" so as they can blame everyone who actually tries to help, and gets the community to vote for the left. All you need do is look at the cities, see who they are run by, then help educate the people who have been fooled by the poverty pimps, and the left!

Everyone here knows the rule----->fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. But here is the rest of the story-------------->fool me for 50 years and keep me on the plantation for your benefit and I can't figure it out, then I am as dumb as a box of rocks!!!!!!!

Weeeeeeeeee! Original content ROCKS!!!!

I feel bad for the INNOCENT people living there. but they keep voting in the same party over and over. So though I feel bad, they made their bed now they along with bands of looter and rioters will have lay in it.

stand up now and speak out against your ELECTED ASSES who pretty much allowed all this mayhem by ordering police to STAND DOWN..... or forget anyone feeling sympathy

There is no "left" or "right" in running a city, Dumbass. At that level all a political party provides is organization. That's IT. A machine.

I mean, good Limblob parrot, here's a cracker, but life just ain't built that way. Political parties are not about ideology -- they're about acquiring power. Ideology will play a part on the national stage but city government is about what day the trash gets picked up. Get a life.

snip:

The Associated Press

Contrary to the emotional blackmail some leftists are attempting to peddle, Baltimore is not America’s problem or shame. That failed city is solely and completely a Democrat problem. Like many failed cities, Detroit comes to mind, and every city besieged recently by rioting, Democrats and their union pals have had carte blanche to inflict their ideas and policies on Baltimore since 1967, the last time there was a Republican Mayor.

In 2012, after four years of his own failed policies, President Obama won a whopping 87.4% of the Baltimore City vote. Democrats run the city of Baltimore, the unions, the schools, and, yes, the police force. Since 1969, there have been only two Republican governors of the State of Maryland.

12%
Liberty Score
Voting Record
F
12%

has represented Baltimore in the U.S. Congress for more than thirty years. As I write this, despite his objectively disastrous reign, the Democrat-infested mainstream media is treating the Democrat like a local folk hero, not the obvious and glaring failure he really is.

Liberalism and all the toxic government dependence and cronyism and union corruption and failed schools that comes along with it, has run amok in Baltimore for a half-century, and that is Baltimore’s problem. It is the free people of Baltimore who elect and then re-elect those who institute policies that have so spectacularly failed that once-great city. It is the free people of Baltimore who elected Mayor Room-To-Destroy.

You can call the arson and looting and violence we are seeing on our television screens, rioting. That’s one way to describe the chaos. Another way to describe it is Democrat infighting. This is blue-on-blue violence. The thugs using the suspicious death of Freddie Gray (at the hands of a Democrat-led police department) to justify the looting that updates their home entertainment systems, are Democrats protesting Democrat leaders and Democrat policies in a Democrat-run city.

Poverty has nothing to do with it. This madness and chaos and anarchy is a Democrat-driven culture that starts at the top with a racially-divisive White House heartbreakingly effective at ginning up hate and violence.

Where I currently reside here in Watauga County, North Carolina, the poverty level is 31.3%. Median income is only $34,293. In both of those areas we are much worse off than Baltimore, that has a poverty rate of only 23.8% and a median income of $41,385.

Despite all that, we don’t riot here in Watauga County. Thankfully, we have not been poisoned by the same left-wing culture that is rotting Baltimore, and so many other cities like it, from the inside out. We get along remarkably well. We are neighbors. We are people who help out one another. We take pride in our community, and are grateful for what we do have. We are far from perfect, but we work out our many differences in civilized ways. Solutions are our goal, not cronyism, narcissistic victimhood, and the blaming of others.

all of it here:

Might be our problem but when coporations control our government its their fault.

How do they do it? They con you into voting with them. Dont vote for them they'll fuck you too. Send your job to mexico.

Blacks are rioting because their jobs got sent to Mexico? Interesting.

snip:

The Associated Press

12%
Liberty Score
Voting Record
F
12%

all of it here:

Blacks are rioting because their jobs got sent to Mexico? Interesting.
That or mexico coming here and taking them. Now the question might also be, is that why are Mexicans more successful in the labor markets than blue collar blacks or whites are? Once figure that one out, then the real problem is revealed. The foreign labor is more acceptable to use, because they are ignorant of traditional american values, and they can be easily exploited in the work place. American labor won't stand for the stuff that has been going against the Mexicans and such, so they have been made out cast in their own country when it comes to jobs and blue collar jobs availibity.

The employers who have played this game, along with the states and federal governments support, has blood on it's hands.

There is a great deal of responsibility that needs to be assumed by all sides. There is no liberty without responsibility. The black community cannot have one without the other, and American society cannot, either.
OK at a high level I agree with you, but be more specific please in what you have stated.

There is no "left" or "right" in running a city, Dumbass. At that level all a political party provides is organization. That's IT. A machine.
You are deaf, dumb and blind then. There's no such thing as a liberal run city? LOL.

Holy shit dude.

Forum List

Back