Why Does It Seem That Boards Are Heavy To The Right?

I've been a member of message boards where the left does the exact same thing.

Bill OReilly and Rush Limbaugh are radio personalities who express their opinions on mostly political matters. Neither are the face of the GOP anymore than Stuart Smally and Cindy Sheehan are the face of the Democrat party.

I disagree. I think not only do they speak for the republican party, or as Rush Limbaugh put it, "carry water" for the republican party, I think they influence the right much in the way that Jon Stewart influences the left-leaners... your emphasis on Cindy Sheehan is misplaced, as is your comparison of her with people like O'Reilly and Limbaugh and Annie Coultergeist.

I disagree. I think not only do they speak for the republican party, or as Rush Limbaugh put it, "carry water" for the republican party, I think they influence the right much in the way that Jon Stewart influences the left-leaners... your emphasis on Cindy Sheehan is misplaced, as is your comparison of her with people like O'Reilly and Limbaugh and Annie Coultergeist.

And I think your emphasis on O'Reilly and Rush or Coulter is misplaced.

But re-read what I said. I didn't say Sheehan represented the Democrat party. I said she didn't; however, she IS a lonny-left liberal by most any standard.

IMO, there are those who may take the aforementioned's words as gospel, just as there are those on the left who idolize Stuart Smally and or Sheehan. I think the majorities on both sides take them for what they are.

I would say the 34% or so of bush sheep are trying hard to make a noise. They want their man to be remembered as something other than the worst president the nation has ever known.

I would say the 34% or so of bush sheep are trying hard to make a noise. They want their man to be remembered as something other than the worst president the nation has ever known.

Probably because he is hardly even close to being the worst President this nation has ever known. He isn't even the worst in my lifetime.

Try a little objectivity and perspective.

While I do see a right lean to this board, I have to say that it is far more balanced than a lot of boards. I moderate a board with 326 members, about 6 of whom are conservatives. Makes for dull debate. The minute any conservative ther voices on opposing point of view or an opinion contrary to the herd, they are instantly denegrated and maligned, the names start flying. A perfect example of liberal group think and tolerance.

I'd like to know on what you base your conclusion. USMB has a better balance than any board I've ever been a member of.

What in particular to the liberal argument do you think needs to be defended? I wouold also be interest to know which conservatives her defend other conservatives?

Message boards usually swing one way or the other, sooner or later. This one used to be hard right. For some reason, there are those posters on both sides who wish to be on boards where everyone agrees with them. I don't see the point to that. Not much debate between like minds.

And speaking of your signature ... I'm going to have to ask that you not advertise your board on this one. If you'd like to work out something reciprocal, PM me, but as it stands, you're violating the "Big Guy's" policy.

I guess you could say my boards have a balance, but it appears that more on the right posts than those of the left,..the left tends to get offended by facts, and figures? So they don't post as much.

I guess you could say my boards have a balance, but it appears that more on the right posts than those of the left,..the left tends to get offended by facts, and figures? So they don't post as much.

Perhaps that very post should indicate why lefties pass on your board.

GunnyL:
And speaking of your signature ... I'm going to have to ask that you not advertise your board on this one. If you'd like to work out something reciprocal, PM me, but as it stands, you're violating the "Big Guy's" policy.

Funny but I find the righties disappear faster than the lefties. Fullpolitics dot com is an example, all the conservatives left. Bush and this band of complete idiots must have depressed them so much it drove them to virtual suicide. I know of a few others as well.

Righties are generally intolerant of complexity and ideas that counter their social darwinistic view of life. I lasted on Redstate dot com only a few weeks and I was very balanced in my replies but they did not fit the narrow minded conservatism of redstate. Intolerance of new ideas is a key aspect of conservatism.

My guess why the lefties - is there such a thing? - leave your site is simple. Circle jerks are only pleasurable to the jerks in the circle.

PS Eots has a point above, many today are apolitical and feel that neither primary party is worth much thought. They have theirs, in the sense that they live their lives under our system and basically don't give a crap. Chris Matthews was asked during a question and answer period recently, how do we get the young concerned and involved. He said bring back the draft. Some truth in that as it involves you as a citizen.

This board isn't like some of the super biased 300 to 6 ratio boards, but it's FAR from balanced. If you need proof, just look at how much bad publicity Clinton gets on this board, all the while the republican candidates are fucking up just as bad yet don't get called out for stuff as stupid as their intern forgetting to tip a waitress.

I'm not dissing the board, b/c it is full of a bunch of reasonable and logically thinking people. It's the best political MB I've been to and one of the two I even post on. The other is the atlanta falcons MB.

I have long said that when the WH and Congress are held by opposing parties, the guvment in works better.

But if the last election is an indicator, the Dems may control both in 2008. The GOP can thank baby bush and his sidekick "waterboardingisfun cheney."

This board isn't like some of the super biased 300 to 6 ratio boards, but it's FAR from balanced. If you need proof, just look at how much bad publicity Clinton gets on this board, all the while the republican candidates are fucking up just as bad yet don't get called out for stuff as stupid as their intern forgetting to tip a waitress.

I'm not dissing the board, b/c it is full of a bunch of reasonable and logically thinking people. It's the best political MB I've been to and one of the two I even post on. The other is the atlanta falcons MB.

Compare that bad publicity to the bad publicity Bush gets.

Funny but I find the righties disappear faster than the lefties. Fullpolitics dot com is an example, all the conservatives left. Bush and this band of complete idiots must have depressed them so much it drove them to virtual suicide. I know of a few others as well.

Righties are generally intolerant of complexity and ideas that counter their social darwinistic view of life. I lasted on Redstate dot com only a few weeks and I was very balanced in my replies but they did not fit the narrow minded conservatism of redstate. Intolerance of new ideas is a key aspect of conservatism.

My guess why the lefties - is there such a thing? - leave your site is simple. Circle jerks are only pleasurable to the jerks in the circle.

PS Eots has a point above, many today are apolitical and feel that neither primary party is worth much thought. They have theirs, in the sense that they live their lives under our system and basically don't give a crap. Chris Matthews was asked during a question and answer period recently, how do we get the young concerned and involved. He said bring back the draft. Some truth in that as it involves you as a citizen.

Your opinion not only shows your ignorance concerning conservatives, but is quite absurd even for a political message board.

Balance is for wusses :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back