Why does it cost so much money to put a terrorist on trial?

woodjack

Jul 1, 2009
Anchorage, Alaska
First of all I am against civilian trials for the obvious terrorist.

But why does it cost over 200 million dollars to put these creeps on trial?

First off they are mostly dirt poor, they have no money.

Second why do they get these high priced lawyers to defend them while an average american only gets a civil defendant attorney for his trial?

Third these people did not pay taxes yet we support them in a slam dunk case, or they may get off scott free exspecially when some of the defendants were held up on the battle field and thus no "evidence was collected" to even hold a trial. mistrial and released to the general public.

Fourth the ones that were captured here... ie the underwear bomber...is not a US citizen yet we will pay millions upon millions of dollars for his defense and protection?

I am totaly shocked and in unbelief at the stupidity of this sham....Hell I will buy the bullets and even offer my own gun ...so no tax payers money need to be supplied and I will even volenteer to pull the trigger for free.....Bam justice served.

Or are we going to watch the defense propose temporary insanity...or even brainwashing as a defense? so that he may get off scott free....as the attorneys get paid millions and the judge...all for what common sense could prove in a five minute closing speech?

Military tribunals cost a hell of lot less and it could be wrapped up in one day....boom done.

And even if we do try these people in civilian courts, use the pricing of an average court proceeding not this shambles of a pretense for a world stage show.

Last edited:
I just hope that the way these terrorists are being coddled is a lesson to our military to be a little less 'careful' preventing fatal 'accidents' whne they find them in the field.

oh yeah....there are at least 4 marines under court marshal for give a terrorist a bloody lip. I will post that link latter omw to work

I just hope that the way these terrorists are being coddled is a lesson to our military to be a little less 'careful' preventing fatal 'accidents' whne they find them in the field.

oh yeah....there are at least 4 marines under court marshal for give a terrorist a bloody lip. I will post that link latter omw to work

If the 'accident' that gave the terrorist a fat lip had been fatal, he wouldn't have filed those charges.

indeed. we should just take any accused trrrrrrsts out back and shoot them in the back of the head.

:rolleyes:

If I am not mistaken, wasn't it the blind sheik that was in NYC about to be tried when 9-11 was perpetrated on our soil?

NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said the Justice Department did not consult the city officials before deciding to send Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four others to New York City for trial.
"There was no consultation, no consultation with the police department. That decision was made. We were informed," Kelly said Tuesday.
When asked if the NYPD should have been asked about security and other considerations in advance of sending the accused terrorist to the scene of the attack, Kelly said," The fact is we weren't asked. And we will make the best of a situation. We weren't."

Holder is an idiot, as is the rest of the obama administration. Much like the Clinton administration, just a little more blatant

If the Pentagon hadn't "dithered" for so long by holding them at Gitmo, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Second why do they get these high priced lawyers to defend them while an average american only gets a civil defendant attorney for his trial?

Third these people did not pay taxes yet we support them in a slam dunk case, or they may get off scott free exspecially when some of the defendants were held up on the battle field and thus no "evidence was collected" to even hold a trial. mistrial and released to the general public.

Fourth the ones that were captured here... ie the underwear bomber...is not a US citizen yet we will pay millions upon millions of dollars for his defense and protection?

I am totaly shocked and in unbelief at the stupidity of this sham....Hell I will buy the bullets and even offer my own gun ...so no tax payers money need to be supplied and I will even volenteer to pull the trigger for free.....Bam justice served.

Or are we going to watch the defense propose temporary insanity...or even brainwashing as a defense? so that he may get off scott free....as the attorneys get paid millions and the judge...all for what common sense could prove in a five minute closing speech?

Military tribunals cost a hell of lot less and it could be wrapped up in one day....boom done.

And even if we do try these people in civilian courts, use the pricing of an average court proceeding not this shambles of a pretense for a world stage show.

Cosst about .50 to take him in the back yard an put a .45 through his skull.:cool:

Cosst about .50 to take him in the back yard an put a .45 through his skull.:cool:

I agree, but then we wouldn't have gotten "actionable intelligence" during torture.

Bush put quite a few on trial, with the praise of Giluiani and other republicans, about how justice was done. Now that Obama wants to do the same thing it's a terrible idea.

Forum List

Back