Why does God not follow the Golden Rule? His best rule?

The Bible doesn't have a Golden rule
The Golden Rule

Matthew 7:12 So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
English Standard Version (ESV)
Oh, do come on! Is it realistic to think people could function with such a complicated formula?

Then take the categorical imperative from a stupid German: „Handle nur nach derjenigen Maxime, durch die du zugleich wollen kannst, dass sie ein allgemeines Gesetz werde.“ ... "Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law."

I gave you the location and artist.

Go find a painting of Satan as a man in the Vatican that is as prominent as Michelangelo and we can chat.

Goodbye.

Regards
DL

You say here nothing with a lots of words. I don't start now to read tons of books or to take a look in millions of pictures. You are my book and picture now. You are the USA for me. So let me try to understand: You think we Catholics are a might of the Satan and Satan is female for us. So women are evil. And indeed we are - besides some other things - the knight on the white horse fighting for the right of women to make their own choice whom to love and to marry. If you not was the choice then you not was it. This gives you not any right to hate any woman.

You miss-understand me.

I am a man and support feminists and that is why I resent the Vatican showing Satan as a woman.

I suggest that the Vatican does so as a part of their normal misogyny.

Regards
DL

So you are a male feminist repeating what you know less than not. Be happy if a catholic woman lets not kill you with an wink of an eye. To send mothers without any need to do so as soldiers into war and to force women directly or indirectly to agree to let be killed their babies in them is not humanity and is not a reasonable progress.

You are talking of controlling women and denying them equality.

Sounds like you would vote for that Afghan rape law.

That was great progress. Right?

Regards
DL

I don't have any problem if you shoot someone down who is hurting in such extremly violent ways the rights of women and/or their children. But on the other side shows to me your stupid racism against Afghans that you are not living in harmony with the spirit of god, with your nature and with the human race. Never a man is a man who rapes a woman.

Misogynous and immoral fools like you who would deny women equality are not worthy of my attention. And yes, I proudly state that you and I will not be in harmony thanks to your misguided and immoral policies.

Regards
DL

God doesn't have a golden rule, just Ten Commandments, unfortunately a minority of people can live by them as witnessed by the decline in the society of man.

The sad thing is that it is easy to obey the Ten Commandments and still have a full, rich and rewarding life.

Really. Can you do the first three when that imaginary construct is not around?

The rest are tenets found in most other theologies and philosophies and have been plagiarized from older traditions.

Regards
DL

You say here nothing with a lots of words. I don't start now to read tons of books or to take a look in millions of pictures. You are my book and picture now. You are the USA for me. So let me try to understand: You think we Catholics are a might of the Satan and Satan is female for us. So women are evil. And indeed we are - besides some other things - the knight on the white horse fighting for the right of women to make their own choice whom to love and to marry. If you not was the choice then you not was it. This gives you not any right to hate any woman.

You miss-understand me.

I am a man and support feminists and that is why I resent the Vatican showing Satan as a woman.

I suggest that the Vatican does so as a part of their normal misogyny.

Regards
DL

So you are a male feminist repeating what you know less than not. Be happy if a catholic woman lets not kill you with an wink of an eye. To send mothers without any need to do so as soldiers into war and to force women directly or indirectly to agree to let be killed their babies in them is not humanity and is not a reasonable progress.

You are talking of controlling women and denying them equality.

Sounds like you would vote for that Afghan rape law.

That was great progress. Right?

Regards
DL

I don't have any problem if you shoot someone down who is hurting in such extremly violent ways the rights of women and/or their children. But on the other side shows to me your stupid racism against Afghans that you are not living in harmony with the spirit of god, with your nature and with the human race. Never a man is a man who rapes a woman.

Misogynous and immoral fools like you who would deny women equality are not worthy of my attention. And yes, I proudly state that you and I will not be in harmony thanks to your misguided and immoral policies.

Regards
DL

I'm a traditional Bavarian. In the lex baiovariorum (6th - 8th century !!!) every man was punished twice as hard if he hurted a woman. Charlesmagne and lots of others continued in this tradition. In the atheistic system of laws today no one would allow any longer laws what prefer women. Sometimes I have the feeling the emancipation of today is only good for lazy men. What you are doing here with your words is much more than only nonsense. I must say: Stop misusing drugs or alcohol or medicaments. Go to a doctor. Try to find out where the disinhibition of your senseless agressions comes from. And if you should meet a lady I hope you will respect her - even if it is "only" your sister, your mother or your grandma.

Last edited:
^^

Regards
DL

Nice song, "feminist", but nevertheless I fear if you like really to know what's good for women and what's not so good for women then you should speak with Mary or Josefine or Kathrin or whatelse her name is and not with your own male brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-nHw0_Fos&feature=player_embedded

I have a hard time seeing God as --- doing unto others as he would want done to himself --- in the clip above. I cannot see God wanting someone to do what he did to the women who owned those wombs to him. He is therefore certainly not walking his talk or fallowing his own good advice.

It seems that people are more responsible than God as we are trying to get everyone on board the Golden Rule that God ignores.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Regards
DL

I have not watched the video unfortunately. Can you be a bit more specific ? I would like to know what exactly are you criticizing God Almighty for.

One should not think that God has rules He goes by. God is good, however, and never does evil; though He could if He wanted to for some reason. He is God, He does what He wants. But He does not like to do evil. he does good and He likes greatley doing good.

It is a serious sin in islam to have evil thoughts about God. Thinking that God does evil is a very evil thought. Such a thought is not something to be taken lightly.

In Islam, God has 99 Names commonly known, one of them is The Generous, Al Kareem in Arabic. Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) is the beloved of God and a most magnificent man. One of his 201 names is Generous, Kareem in Arabic.

The oceans and the cloudcs are low; they lowered themselves as an honour to Muhammad's generosity. He is more generous than the waters of the sea and the clouds pouring rain. God Almighty is more generous than Muhammad.

Iniquity is very great if one has doubts about God's generosity, unless it is out of unawareness, and that is also great iniquity.

I have not watched the video unfortunately. Can you be a bit more specific ? I would like to know what exactly are you criticizing God Almighty for.

One should not think that God has rules He goes by. God is good, however, and never does evil; though He could if He wanted to for some reason. He is God, He does what He wants. But He does not like to do evil. he does good and He likes greatley doing good.

It is a serious sin in islam to have evil thoughts about God. Thinking that God does evil is a very evil thought. Such a thought is not something to be taken lightly.

In Islam, God has 99 Names commonly known, one of them is The Generous, Al Kareem in Arabic. Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) is the beloved of God and a most magnificent man. One of his 201 names is Generous, Kareem in Arabic.

The oceans and the cloudcs are low; they lowered themselves as an honour to Muhammad's generosity. He is more generous than the waters of the sea and the clouds pouring rain. God Almighty is more generous than Muhammad.

Iniquity is very great if one has doubts about God's generosity, unless it is out of unawareness, and that is also great iniquity.

I have a hard time seeing God as --- doing unto others as he would want done to himself --- in the clip above. I cannot see God wanting someone to do what he did to the women who owned those wombs to him. He is therefore certainly not walking his talk or fallowing his own good advice.

It seems that people are more responsible than God as we are trying to get everyone on board the Golden Rule that God ignores.

Regards
DL

I wrote of the Christian God. That is not Allah although I think that Muslims say that Allah and Yahweh are the same God.

In your holy books, your God is shown quite often punishing non-believers.

Is that your God following the Golden rule?

"He is God, He does what He wants."

Your own word here seem to say that God does not do unto others but only does what he likes.

Is the Golden Rule a good one to Muslims or do you follow your God that does not seem to think it is?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I wrote of the Christian God. That is not Allah although I think that Muslims say that Allah and Yahweh are the same God.

Your own word here seem to say that God does not do unto others but only does what he likes.

Is the Golden Rule a good one to Muslims or do you follow your God that does not seem to think it is?

Regards
DL

You ought to re-read my post. I don't wish to say the same things again.

I ask you again, is there anything in specific you are criticizing God for ?

You talk of punishment. If you are a servant, you are entitled to rewards if you are good, or to punishment if you are not. This is as simple as that. In religions, it is normally stipulated that humans are servants of God, the King.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

You ought to re-read my post. I don't wish to say the same things again.

I ask you again, is there anything in specific you are criticizing God for ?

You talk of punishment. If you are a servant, you are entitled to rewards if you are good, or to punishment if you are not. This is as simple as that. In religions, it is normally stipulated that humans are servants of God, the King.

"I ask you again, is there anything in specific you are criticizing God for ?"

Obviously, for not following the golden rule.

-------------------

"This is as simple as that. In religions, it is normally stipulated that humans are servants of God, the King."

Did Jesus not say that he came to serve/care for mankind?

Further. As above so below.

In your family, do the strong serve/care for the weak, or do the weak serve/care for the strong"

In mine, the strong serve/care for the weak. The strong have no need of being served or cared for.

------------------

You believe in hell.

Do you believe a God who creates such a vile place moral and plans to do unto others with it?

Please tell us what your morality tells you.

Judgment and punishment go hand in hand.

Our human laws have a form of punishment where the penalty is graduated to fit the crime. An eye for an eye type of justice.

God‘s punishment seems to surpass this standard with hell. Hell used here is the eternal fire and torture type of hell and I am not particularly interested in the myriad of other definitions and theories that some use to supplant this traditional view.

To ascertain if hell would be a moral construct or not, all you need do is answer these simple question for yourself.

1. Is it good justice for a soul to be able to sin for only 120 years and then have to suffer torture for 12000000000000000000000000 + years?

2. Is it good justice for small or mediocre sinners to have to bear the same sentence as Hitler, Stalin and other genocidal maniacs?

This might actually include God if you see Noah’s flood as God using genocide and not justice against man. Pardon the digression.

Punishment is usually only given to change attitude or actions and cause the sinner to repent.

3. Is it good justice to continue to torture a soul in hell if no change in attitude or actions are to result?

4. If you answered yes to these questions, then would killing the soul not be a better form of justice than to torture it for no possible good result or purpose?

Is hell a moral construct or not?

Please explain your reasons and know that ---just because you think God created it ---does not explain your moral judgment. It is your view I seek and not God’s as no one can speak for God.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back