Why does faith deserve respect?

Funny how a certain type of atheist - the kind that like to kid themselves that their inability to comprehend faith makes them 'intelligent' - can never complete the other side of a thought.

It should garner just as much respect as your faith in your lack of faith. You don't have t agree with the belief, nor respect it, but you should respect the man every bit as much as you expect to be respected.

It doesn't

Depends on who's demonstrating it. If someone who's sincere and an asset to their community believes when everything tells them not to, that's worthy of my respect. But if it's some charlatan I wouldn't spit on if they were on fire, then no. Faith in and of itself isn't worthy of respect.

Delta, when you say that faith is not worthy of respect, it make me and other Christians fear that atheists in power would take away our religious liberties, close down our Churches, and forbid us to teach our faith to our children. If that is NOT your intent, then say so.

Delta, when you say that faith is not worthy of respect, it make me and other Christians fear that atheists in power would take away our religious liberties, close down our Churches, and forbid us to teach our faith to our children. If that is NOT your intent, then say so.

Whoa there Blackrook I've just been reading your anti-gay and hate posts.

YOU are NOT a christian.

Last edited:
Anyone wanna bet which one doesn't believe in a god?

Wow, paranoid much?

Has Fox News said when the War on Christmas begins this year?

Wow, paranoid much?

Go read a history book and get back to me. Or read a few Wikipedia articles. Your ignorance is inexcusable in the internet age.

Respect is earned, not deserved.

Wow, paranoid much?

Go read a history book and get back to me. Or read a few Wikipedia articles. Your ignorance is inexcusable in the internet age.

Is there a history book about Fox News and the War on Christmas?

It means no more free unquestioned pass or entitlement for respect

Wow, paranoid much?

Oh we Jews know all bout a religion that demanded respect . look up the inquisition for starters

And you think atheism deserves respect. Why?

Can you prove what you believe is true?

No. You cannot.

All you are doing is guessing.

Wow, paranoid much?

Oh we Jews know all bout a religion that demanded respect . look up the inquisition for starters
Please don't throw your Judaism at me. The Jews did plenty of bad stuff in their time, including genocide. It's all well documented in the Old Testament.

Forum List

Back