Why does Carter get a bad rap from Republicans?

Apr 17, 2011
The man was more fiscally conservative than Reagan and the King of Deregulation. Plus, his appointment of Volcker was much better than the bubble creating and opaqueness of Greenspan.

While, he supported dictators across the globe, his foreign wasn't that relatively atrocious. And the last thing Cons are worried about is atrocious foreign policy.

I really don't see why Cons hate Carter. I think it is misguided hatred.

Having lived through the Carter years - Dem or Rep - one would know he was a bad deal. I paid 21% interest on our first home then. That's just for starters...

• Banned
Having lived through the Carter years - Dem or Rep - one would know he was a bad deal. I paid 21% interest on our first home then. That's just for starters...

You are right, but inflation and high interest rates were out of Carter's control. Hence, why he appointed Volcker.

Carter attacked the problem, but you see him as the problem and this is misguided.

The man was more fiscally conservative than Reagan and the King of Deregulation. Plus, his appointment of Volcker was much better than the bubble creating and opaqueness of Greenspan.

While, he supported dictators across the globe, his foreign wasn't that relatively atrocious. And the last thing Cons are worried about is atrocious foreign policy.

I really don't see why Cons hate Carter. I think it is misguided hatred.

Republicans need a target. It's deflects from their incessant failures.

You are right, but inflation and high interest rates were out of Carter's control. Hence, why he appointed Volcker.

Carter attacked the problem, but you see him as the problem and this is misguided.

I don't see him as a problem. I am sure he's a nice guy. His Presidency, however, not so good.

I don't see him as a problem. I am sure he's a nice guy. His Presidency, however, not so good.

I agree that times were tough through the Carter administration, but did Carter address those problems or add to them?

I don't think he did much.
Maybe his hands were tied.
Approval ratings not too good.
I don't especially appreciate the way he coddles the PLO either. After all, Israel is our biggest Mideast ally. I don't recall to PLO sticking up for us ever - do you?

I agree that times were tough through the Carter administration, but did Carter address those problems or add to them?

I don't especially appreciate the way he coddles the PLO either. After all, Israel is our biggest Mideast ally. I don't recall to PLO sticking up for us ever - do you?

He did plenty. Carter was the King of Deregulation and appointed Volcker to attack the rapid inflation and high interest rates caused by the Vietnam War.

His FP was atrocious, but not because of trying to strike an accordance between Israel and Palestine. In fact, he should be congratulated on this feat, not criticized over it. If you want to criticize Carter's FP, then attack his love affair with dictators across the globe.

The biggest reason is he calls out Israel on some of their crimes against humanity.

Actually, it was the Iran hostage crisis which was blowback from Eisenhower using the CIA to overthrow Mossadegh.

Then, rather ironically, Ike warns us of the MIC.

Last edited:

The man was a joke. I remember how happy we were as a nation when he was elected. And then how happy we were again 4 years later when we booted him out. :lol:

Don't forget his response to high energy prices: "Turn down the thermostat and wear a sweater."

The man was a joke. I remember how happy we were as a nation when he was elected. And then how happy we were again 4 years later when we booted him out. :lol:

Don't forget his response to high energy prices: "Turn down the thermostat and wear a sweater."

In reality, Carter's approval ratings went up when he addressed the nation about our impeding energy crisis.

However, modern day Contards think "Drill, drill, drill" is our solution. Its not, but that doesn't stop them, even when drilling goes against the Clean Water Act.

Yeah, I know. But, can't debate it now. Grand Kids arriving and I am the BBQ dude.
Have fun.

Republicans need a target. It's deflects from their incessant failures.

Their seething hatred of Carter makes me lol.

Consider the judgment of Erwin C Hargrove, a respected scholar of the presidency, rendered after Reagan’s first 100 days: “Reagan has demonstrated, in a way that Jimmy Carter never did, that he understands how to be president.
Team Obama: Survival of the smartest - Times Online

You just created a false dichotomy (i.e. Reagan vs Carter).

I am talking about Jimmy Carter, not Reagan.

The pResident of the US of fallen empire is nothing more than a puppet told EXACTLY what to do.
To do otherwise gets them killed.
Until you idiots realize that, the song remains the same.
Barry had noble ideas while campaigning. A few minutes after inauguration he had some goons "explaining" a few things.

Barry had noble ideas while campaigning. A few minutes after inauguration he had some goons "explaining" a few things.

It is called being an naive opportunist in which many people ate up readily.

Anyways, back to the topic.

OK. Carter is a great man and did far more after his White House stint than he did while puppeteering there.
Anyone who questions the mans integrity is a fucking fool.

Forum List

Back