Why does Britain have less gun murder? Their criminals don't shoot to kill....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Their criminals have guns...they just don't commit murder with them.....

Now...since this criminal has a gun, which British gun law kept him from going to a school, a theater or a mall, and shooting a bunch of people?

Which British gun law kept this criminal with a gun from shooting this man in the back of the head, instead of in 3 places least likely to cause death....?

Homeless man repeatedly shot after attending children’s birthday party

The 34-year-old man, who is well known to the local community, was left with serious injuries after the "deplorable" incident in Hackney.

He was in Daubeney Fields shortly after midnight when he was approached by a suspect from behind.

The suspect shot him three times, in the arm, left hip and right calf, before running off, police said.

The victim was able to make his way out of the park and to a nearby housing estate where he was given first aid and paramedics were called.

Get a real job. You seriously suck at defending guns.
large.png

The OP has been a pin ball all these years on the Board re: guns.
When you can't figure out that guns kill people they don't protect people no one can help you. No guns mean no guns deaths. In the US that is 30,000 people a year. To the NRA and the gun nuts who love the things that make them feel like real men that is an acceptable cost. Since the dead are mostly Trump voters or future Trump voters I say have at it. You won't be missed.

When you can't figure out that guns kill people they don't protect people no one can help you. No guns mean no guns deaths. In the US that is 30,000 people a year. To the NRA and the gun nuts who love the things that make them feel like real men that is an acceptable cost. Since the dead are mostly Trump voters or future Trump voters I say have at it. You won't be missed.
It means more knife deaths.

Seriously, I've never seen any stats that show Britain to be less violent than the USA. "Gun murder" is hardly a good way to measure how safe a country is.

Seriously, I've never seen any stats that show Britain to be less violent than the USA. "Gun murder" is hardly a good way to measure how safe a country is.
Does this help?
Homicide-Rates-for-Developed-Countries-OECD-2011-or-latest-year.png

The chart above shows only homicide rate. You must take in all types of violence when determining if a country is safer with or without guns. There are many other types of violence than murder. There also are problems when two countries report the same crime in different ways. Not all countries account for violent crimes the same way. If there is no injury, some countries don't count that as a violent crime, when another country might whether there is injury or not.

Even Britain says Britain has a higher violent crime rate than America:

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Their criminals have guns...they just don't commit murder with them.....

Now...since this criminal has a gun, which British gun law kept him from going to a school, a theater or a mall, and shooting a bunch of people?

Which British gun law kept this criminal with a gun from shooting this man in the back of the head, instead of in 3 places least likely to cause death....?

Homeless man repeatedly shot after attending children’s birthday party

The 34-year-old man, who is well known to the local community, was left with serious injuries after the "deplorable" incident in Hackney.

He was in Daubeney Fields shortly after midnight when he was approached by a suspect from behind.

The suspect shot him three times, in the arm, left hip and right calf, before running off, police said.

The victim was able to make his way out of the park and to a nearby housing estate where he was given first aid and paramedics were called.
My God, cons will fall for anything.

Guns in the hands of law abiding people do not mean more gun deaths

but you cannot seem to understand that

Guns do not kill people.

Crimes and deaths by guns in UK is a small fraction compare per capita in the US.

No way around it.

Crimes and deaths by guns in UK is a small fraction compare per capita in the US.

No way around it.

So what?

I really don't care about what happens in the UK.

But I will say it again. There are far more variables that influence crime rates than guns alone.

No way around it.

So what?

But I will say it again. There are far more variables that influence crime rates than guns alone.
Then you don't like being informed, silly you. I agree with your last sentence.

So getting beaten to a pulp and having to eat through a straw the rest of your life isn't a violent crime because you didn't die?
Post some data of your own to back up your point. In this easily comparable category of violence, the US leads the UK, a situation a poster was not aware of.

No way around it.

So what?

Then you don't like being informed, silly you. I agree with your last sentence.

Informed about what?

Nothing that happens in the UK has any effect on me whatsoever.

I don't really care that their gun crimes are rising and you don't either

So getting beaten to a pulp and having to eat through a straw the rest of your life isn't a violent crime because you didn't die?
Post some data of your own to back up your point. In this easily comparable category of violence, the US leads the UK, a situation a poster was not aware of.
United Kingdom vs United States: Crime Facts and Stats

Total crimes per 1000 in the UK is 3 times more than the US.

But I'm sure you think those are all nonviolent crimes right?

UK assault victims 2 times more than the US

But those are nonviolent assaults right?

UK rape victims 2 times more than the US

But those are all nonviolent rapes right?

The NRA hasn’t killed anyone

Seriously, I've never seen any stats that show Britain to be less violent than the USA.
Yeah? I wonder where you keep your head.

VIOLENCE DEATH RATE BY COUNTRY

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

Does this help?
View attachment 159608

Those are death (homicide) rates, not violence (violent crime) rates, you idiot.

Forum List

Back