Why does an incumbent President need to campaign?

Seriously. Americans expect their President to do his job...that's what he is being paid for. We don't pay for our President to make campaign stops on the back of air force one, and talk about all the greatness he has done (whether or not that is the case). An incumbent should be confident enough to let his or her record speak for itself and besides joining the challenger for a few debates near election time, do some fucking work for a change. This isn't directed JUST at Obama but it would be nice to see him actually show a sprinkle of character.

THIS incumbent President needs to campaign because he desperately needs to frame the debate of the upcoming election. If he can't shift the electorate's focus away from the economy, unemployment and a growing deficit...onto social issues like abortion rights and student loan rates then he's toast in November. He has two major "accomplishments" so far in his first term...ObamaCare and the Obama Stimulus. The first is one of the worst pieces of legislation ever cobbled together and will most likely have major components ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. The second was so bad at creating jobs that they had to come up with a new economic statistic to HIDE how bad the numbers were...the laughable "jobs saved" number.

The problem that Barack Obama has is that he himself said that if he couldn't fix the economy in three years that he would deserve to be a one term President. Not only hasn't he fixed the economy but he seemingly has no plan to do so in the future. He's concentrated at the moment on "the Buffett rule" and on student loans...neither one of which will do anything to help on the economic front but are solely campaign issues he hopes will rally his base.

I have no problem with the president campaigning . What I do have a problem is him lying saying he is on a job tour when he is clearly campaigning with our tax dollars... That would go for any president REP or Dem

^^This. Any wonder why I have never checked the box to donate funds to Federal Election Campaign?

And didn't Obama say (threaten) he was going to get $1BN warchest?

Hasn't turned out that way, has it?

I have no problem with the president campaigning . What I do have a problem is him lying saying he is on a job tour when he is clearly campaigning with our tax dollars... That would go for any president REP or Dem

Any first term president, while out on the road for WHATEVER reason, is also campaigning. Why people want to make this into Obama is doing it more than any other president has done is beyond me. Every fucking president campaigns throughout their first term. It's just the way it is.

Any first term president, while out on the road for WHATEVER reason, is also campaigning. Why people want to make this into Obama is doing it more than any other president has done is beyond me. Every fucking president campaigns throughout their first term. It's just the way it is.

True but Obama went to the next step when he rented that huge RV ( made in Canada ) for a job tour going to all the states that are swing states and also Iowa for the caucus . He is throwing it in our faces the way he is doing it!

Oh...you mean the same Canadian bus company that Bush used for his campaign?

The big difference is that Obama purchased(not rented) the vehicle to be used for future presidents too....what a fucking prick.

Also the same Canadian bus company that provided McCain's campaign bus. You just can't make up the hackery on this site.

True but Obama went to the next step when he rented that huge RV ( made in Canada ) for a job tour going to all the states that are swing states and also Iowa for the caucus . He is throwing it in our faces the way he is doing it!

I don't know the history of the last couple presidents I've been alive for, and the states they visited during their first term for whatever reason...but when is the last time there's been this many swing states? There's like 10 of them this time around, a president is bound to roll through a couple of them.

I'm not defending him. But I think some people are going to look at it and see only what they want to see.

I don't know the history of the last couple presidents I've been alive for, and the states they visited during their first term for whatever reason...but when is the last time there's been this many swing states? There's like 10 of them this time around, a president is bound to roll through a couple of them.

I'm not defending him. But I think some people are going to look at it and see only what they want to see.

As long as they think they may benefit from Gubmint largesse off the backs of others.

Seriously. Americans expect their President to do his job...that's what he is being paid for. We don't pay for our President to make campaign stops on the back of air force one, and talk about all the greatness he has done (whether or not that is the case). An incumbent should be confident enough to let his or her record speak for itself and besides joining the challenger for a few debates near election time, do some fucking work for a change. This isn't directed JUST at Obama but it would be nice to see him actually show a sprinkle of character.

Liberty hates the American way. OK. We get that.

Because, as we have witnessed over not only the past four years, but as long as I can remember, the record gets distorted, lied about, minimized, and sometimes denied by political opponents. It's non-partisan....but I'll give your side credit, you've taken scumbag politics to a whole new level.

which side is that? the side of common sense? im writing in ron paul. I have no side in the battle of the two. If Obama wins I am cool with that because maybe that will push the republican party further towards my beliefs. If Obama doesn't win, I'm cool with that too. Gross generalizations are a hallmark of the left, and honestly make you look dumber than you probably are which is in and of itself quite an accomplishment. What a vast majority of political hacks on both the left and the right don't understand is the concept of principle and character. If the office of President is an office of service, then why would a President get all butthurt about losing? If it happens it's because he didn't do as well as the people expect and change is good, or is that not the slogan anymore?

The side of Conservatism and it's ridiculously false dialogue of "anyone who does not believe as I do is a Communist.....you know....the typical bullshit that you see on this very site day after day.

Funny you should mention losing....I have no problem with Obama losing....I will accept Romney as president. I won't go on tirades on how "he isn't one of us" because he's a Mormon, I won't make up ridiculous shit about him because I don't agree with his policies.

But you fuckers can't do that, can you? You accept the lies and distortions coming from the right wing media without question and claim it as fact. But hey, that's how you sheep rule.....then you double down and try to call Obama divisive. It's that

Who the hell are you talking to? You quote me but you clearly are not talking to me as I have no connection to the far right at all. You must be high. And I'm cool with that.

Yeah that's part of my beef...it goes for any Prez as a matter of principle. I am not being partisan at all...just talking principle; something I am really not surprised that 90% of the people on this bored have no idea what it means.

Typical pubs.

They object when he runs on his record and really impressive accomplishments - eg - killing bin Laden, and now they don't want to even let him campaign.

Especially in view of the FACT that Mitt lies about him every time he opens his mouth. We expect Mitt to lie about himself - he really has no choice, but now pubs don't want to allow resident Obama to defend himself against the GObP/pub/bag lies? Forget it.

Here's some FACTS ... Not that the pubs will actually read them.

The 5 Biggest Lies About Obama In Mitt Romney’s Nevada Victory Speech

Mitt Romney's Lies - US News and World Report

Romney the Liar

He should run on his record, but since that would not bode well for him, it's necessary to go out and make more phony promises to get re-elected. He doesn't even talk about most of his "accomplishments", like the oppressive laws in the health care reform or the other power grabs.

You know, the whole "everybody does it so I should too" mindset is a fallacy right?

You know, the whole "everybody does it so I should too" mindset is a fallacy right?
Flies in the face of the individual.

Liberty hates the American way. OK. We get that.

Yeah...because CHANGE IS SO BAD!!!! Love the hypocrisy.

Since Mittens is one lie after another, you don't think they should be countered?

Typical pubs.

They object when he runs on his record and really impressive accomplishments - eg - killing bin Laden, and now they don't want to even let him campaign.

Especially in view of the FACT that Mitt lies about him every time he opens his mouth. We expect Mitt to lie about himself - he really has no choice, but now pubs don't want to allow resident Obama to defend himself against the GObP/pub/bag lies? Forget it.

Here's some FACTS ... Not that the pubs will actually read them.

The 5 Biggest Lies About Obama In Mitt Romney’s Nevada Victory Speech

Mitt Romney's Lies - US News and World Report

Romney the Liar

Talking to yourself?

Flies in the face of the individual.

Yeah...Tocqueville was a god damn prophet.

Forum List

Back