Why Does America Need a New President?

Rusty

Rookie
Oct 19, 2004
Why Does America Need A New President?

America needs a new President because the world is tired of war.
America needs a new president because the world is tired of laws, legislation and lobbying that favor and reward the rich and powerful in society.

America needs a new president because the world is now a global village, not a cluster of medieval kingdoms that must assert their power by way of military conquest in order to wipe out the threats it has created by its own fear and alienation.

America needs a new president because it's time to think beyond the protectionist and territorial mandates that govern animals, and elevate the societies of mankind to a consciousness of Trust, Tolerance and Respect.

America needs a new president, because it's not about "our jobs" and "our economy" and "our health-care".

It's about "our planet".

And how our planet is dying because of greed. How our air is becoming unbreatheable. How our oceans are becoming polluted beyond repair. How our protective atmosphere is being systematically destroyed.

It's about how climatic change is becoming a global force with the potential to wipe out entire societies.

It's about seeing beyond our little picket-fence kingdoms and our tense little pocket-books, with a vision where cooperation and respect with ecology and humanity are paramount. It's about understanding that the very survival of our future generations will rest on the outcome of current decisions made by political and economic powers.

America needs a new president because the world evolution is on a "cusp" - where we can either careen towards the annihilation of civilization as we know it, or grow and build toward a planet where wisdom, wealth and resource can be used to further cooperation, respect and peace.

Where the Global Village can begin to celebrate life and living in a world society that affirms, supports and promotes the unity of man, and the sacredness of the earth.

It's not only, "we owe it to our grandchildren".

We owe it to ourselves, and we owe it to each other.

Rusty

Rusty said:

America needs a new president because the world is tired of laws, legislation and lobbying that favor and reward the rich and powerful in society.

America needs a new president because the world is now a global village, not a cluster of medieval kingdoms that must assert their power by way of military conquest in order to wipe out the threats it has created by its own fear and alienation.

America needs a new president because it's time to think beyond the protectionist and territorial mandates that govern animals, and elevate the societies of mankind to a consciousness of Trust, Tolerance and Respect.

America needs a new president, because it's not about "our jobs" and "our economy" and "our health-care".

It's about "our planet".

And how our planet is dying because of greed. How our air is becoming unbreatheable. How our oceans are becoming polluted beyond repair. How our protective atmosphere is being systematically destroyed.

It's about how climatic change is becoming a global force with the potential to wipe out entire societies.

It's about seeing beyond our little picket-fence kingdoms and our tense little pocket-books, with a vision where cooperation and respect with ecology and humanity are paramount. It's about understanding that the very survival of our future generations will rest on the outcome of current decisions made by political and economic powers.

America needs a new president because the world evolution is on a "cusp" - where we can either careen towards the annihilation of civilization as we know it, or grow and build toward a planet where wisdom, wealth and resource can be used to further cooperation, respect and peace.

Where the Global Village can begin to celebrate life and living in a world society that affirms, supports and promotes the unity of man, and the sacredness of the earth.

Rusty

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I trust, then, that you live the perfect Amish lifestyle...You eat only what you grow, you don't drive a motor vehicle, you aren't sucking up resources like electricity, and so on...

Wait.. You own a computer..

Well, your fantasy in writing is nothing short of sheer brilliance.

:spank3:

Shattered said:
I trust, then, that you live the perfect Amish lifestyle...You eat only what you grow, you don't drive a motor vehicle, you aren't sucking up resources like electricity, and so on...

You see shattered, it's do as I say, not as I do. Just the mere fact that Liberals are thinking of ways for the rest of us to be better Americans means they are making a difference. Didn't you know that?? ;)

Shattered said:

What do you mean? That SUV ain't mine! :rolleyes:

Rusty--

You're gonna have some troubles on this board, my friend. You're talking to a whooooole lot of conservatives, who downplay the role of pollution, simply refuse to believe in global warming, DO believe that the United States is a castle from which you can launch pre-emptive wars, etc. etc.

I believe in the global community, but there are others who value American lives over other lives, and who lack foresight...and they're going to tear you a new one.

And probably me for agreeing with you. :crutch:

Bonnie said:
You see shattered, it's do as I say, not as I do. Just the mere fact that Liberals are thinking of ways for the rest of us to be better Americans means they are making a difference. Didn't you know that?? ;)

I'm sorry.. I keep forgetting..

Maybe I'm the one that needs to be smacked in the head with a paddle... :smoke:

regardless about what country we belong to, if all we can see is our nationality or cultural beliefs defining us as who we are, we will always be limited and we will always be in conflict with the "others" that we push away from us by our polarized way of thinking.

i was born a human being.

not a "canadian". not an "american". not a "catholic" or a "protestant".

unless people can connect with their "human-ness", then all we can see and feel and react to, are the superficial differences.

the true vision of humanity has to go beyond the little cardboard boxes that we are born into and programmed into if we are indeed going to embrace humanity as "whole". if you are content in living with your suspicious, fearful flag-draped family in your picket-fence world, then, let's say: you sleep in the bed you make.

it has nothing to do with "liberals" vs "rednecks" etc, etc. Those are just more boxes that our little cookie-cutter minds love to create and abide by. We'd be so insecure without them.

if you can put me in a box, then you can throw your little mistles of words at me because my "box" looks different than yours. sounds inane, doesn't it? sounds like what pre-school kids do with each other because of the color of their lunch-kits.

i guess each of us as individuals have to decide that it's time to move out of our "pre-school" mentality and expand our vision beyond the smell of the family.

personally, i have to, or else i can't live, i can't breathe.

That was like, DNC talking points in poem form. You should forward that to Kerry, maybe he could put it on his website or somethn.

Rusty said:

We dont. and if we did why would we want to make things worse with Senator Kerry?

Yeah, war sucks. But as we didnt start it the only way we can get peace is by defeating the enemy who did. Terrorists want to kill us. and if by some chance anyone in our society survives they want us to be bowing to them. So we have two choices. we rise up and face the challenge, like our grandfathers faced Hitler, thereby defeating the enemy and securing peace. or we can do nothing and have watch terrorists annihalte our friends, families, and eventually us. War is upon us whether we want it to be or not. We didnt start it but we sure as heck are going to finish it.

So you want to elect the wealthiest Senator in the country to the Presidency because your tired of the rich being favored? :cuckoo:

Seriously though, you realize laws are created by Congress not the President dont you?

What the heck are you talking about? who are earth is arguing that we are medieval kingdom?

The fact is we are part of one global community. Which is exactly why we have to act. we can no longer ignore the world and pretend everything will be alright. Every time we did that we ended up in World War. We can pretend to focus on ourselves but we have enemies who hate us because of our freedom and can strike us from anywhere in the world. If we dont defeat these enemies, we wont be alive for anything else you have said to have mattered.

And you need to grow up and try to understand that we are trying to protect human life here.

It's about "our planet".

Are you trying to argue that the environment is more important then living? :cuckoo:

Dont you think you are exagerating just a tad?

Well considering humans dont control climatic change, im sure we can adapt like we always have. After all we survived the ice age and the suana of the middle ages. im sure we can survive a climate change in either direction in the future.

No, the survival of future generation will rest on the outcome and decisions made by fathers and mothers raising their children.

Look i wish it was that easy but you cant reason with evil. You either fight against it or it annihilates us

Ok so how is John Kerry going to help you accomplish that? Our very existance is in danger from evil men. John Kerry doesnt understand it and wants to appease it. Unless we face that danger we wont be around to protect the environment.

I think you are honest and sincere, but you dont seem to have the right priorities. you think that the economy we have is going to destroy the environment. Quite the opposite its because of capitalism that we will save the environment. No body profits from the destruction of the earth. After all whats the point of money if your dead before you can enjoy it. It is through capitalism that people will come up with ways to save the environment.

But none of that matters if terrorists kill or subjugate us now does it?

nakedemperor said:
Rusty--

You're gonna have some troubles on this board, my friend. You're talking to a whooooole lot of conservatives, who downplay the role of pollution, simply refuse to believe in global warming, DO believe that the United States is a castle from which you can launch pre-emptive wars, etc. etc.

==================

thanks for the thumbs up. "conservatives" are human beings as well too. it's a shame that there's a tendancy to lump everybody into camps, when there's a whole spectrum of sensibilities out there.

in their hearts, the "conservatives" want the same as everyone else: to be loved, to be respected, to have a secure and happy environment to build families and communities.

under our "skins" humans really aren't so far apart. the wailing arab woman dressed in black who is seen clutching a dead child on TV is not really far apart from the unseen tears of the housewife with 3 children in Indiana who has just received news that their children will never be seeing their dad again.

this is how i have learned to measure life: on terms of feelings.

whether that housewife in Indiana is a liberal or conservative or black or yellow or agnostic or baptist pales to the fact that her life has changed - and been scarred - forever. no amount of oil money, or handshakes from corporals or carnations at the military graveyard will erase one hair of the tragedy that has unfolded.

this is the difference between reality and protocol.

this planet is starving for peace. the cost of human tragedy has tipped the balance so far that it is too late in the game to play on trivial issues like who owns what piece of land, or who disobeyed who's rules.

peace has to begin with individuals in this world finding their own inner peace and broadcasting that peace outward in thought, feeling, and action. the wars on the outside are only a projection of man's internal unrest with himself.

inner peace wears no skin and has no color. it belongs to no camp. but it's the starting point for a life lived in truth.

otherwise, what you get ... is what we've got.

nakedemperor said:
Rusty--

I believe in the global community, but there are others who value American lives over other lives, and who lack foresight...and they're going to tear you a new one.

And probably me for agreeing with you. :crutch:

Ross I would never do that to you!!!!!!! :chains: J/k
BTB I am all for a clean environment, and I love trees, flowers etc. So when American enterprise comes up with viable cost efficient alternative energy sources, I will be the first to sing ALLELUHIA :D Think electric cars that actually can go 50 mph or over, and Solar energy that comes standard on new homes if selected :thup:

But lets not have those Lib elites that have 3 and 4 cars and Suv's in the garage, and a certain Presidential candidate who has his own very fuel inneficient jet, yacht, and family SUV....tell me my little car is destroying the Ozone............ :bye1:

Sir Evil said:
And this has what to do with your original post of why we need to vote in a new president???

Because SE it's all Bush's fault...And guess what today kerry informed us that Bush is going to starve old people because he would like for some young Americans to start their own private SS accounts. Shameful :dev2:

Sir Evil said:
Damn NE, I thought you respected us a bit more than that! we all have consideration for what you mentioned above, we just dont have tolerance for the same old rediculous posts as to why these are all problems that Bush created and has to go because of it. Now this gentleman surely had a good clue what kind of board this was prior to making his post, so why do you think he posted it anyway?

Sometimes I come off a little too harsh...

I didn't mean aaaall the conservatives believed those things... just some of them. And they love taking me to task.... :chains:

Forum List

Back