Why does America have to be number 1?

Why do most/many have to feel that the USA is number 1 in the world in spite of facts and statistics which many refuse to accept.

Are we so arrogant as a nation that we cannot accept being number 2 or 3?

I just do not understand the mindset driving this attitude I suppose.

I think being number one is something country can inspire towards, which keeps you from sliding downward when you lose the will to fight, to try and be the best. It is the competition found in capitalism, or maybe we just feel we are natural born winners.

I am not arrogant enough to think we are number 1, but I do know we can be, and that is what I strive for and wish for our people. When I make comparisons to other countrys, I am trying to point out how we can be better. Many cons take offense to truth or change, or arrogantly think we know best inspite of the facts. They only drag America down.

Thankfully we have BOTH, always have, might usually makes right anyway.

Guess YOU don't get it....:eusa_whistle:

I guess I don't and after witnessing our preemptive invasion, occupation and governmental overthrow of a sovern nation I am glad I do not get it.

yeah Sadam sucked but that is beside the point.

We as Americans are not supposed to do things like that. More like a former USSR tactic than a USA one. Or at least it used to be.

You failed to mention Bosnia, Vietnam. Why is that?

We also sided with uncle joseph, who nicely killed 16 million people, and ceded to him eastern europe after ww2. He made Hitler look like a piker and Hitler was evil incarnate. That wasn't very nice either, dont you think? It's just a matter of what prism you're looking through history.

Anyway, no country will ever be perfect. No doubt we have had flaws since the beginning but I'll always side with the US.

Bosnia - Something America got right for a change. The United States stepped in and stopped an on going Genocide. The damned Europeans were fretting what to do next not realizing that the collapse of Yugoslavia would have been ruinous to Europe in general. And the US did it with almost no US casualties and plucking Milosovic and hauling his ass to the Hague for a fair trial..as opposed to the Kangaroo court of the Hussien trial.

Vietnam - Nothing less then a war crime. Horrific on all levels.

Thankfully we have BOTH, always have, might usually makes right anyway.

Guess YOU don't get it....:eusa_whistle:

I guess I don't and after witnessing our preemptive invasion, occupation and governmental overthrow of a sovern nation I am glad I do not get it.

We as Americans are not supposed to do things like that. More like a former USSR tactic than a USA one. Or at least it used to be.

You failed to mention Bosnia, Vietnam. Why is that?

We also sided with uncle joseph, who nicely killed 16 million people, and ceded to him eastern europe after ww2. He made Hitler look like a piker and Hitler was evil incarnate. That wasn't very nice either, dont you think? It's just a matter of what prism you're looking through history.

Anyway, no country will ever be perfect. No doubt we have had flaws since the beginning but I'll always side with the US.

I side with the US (so to speak) when I think they are doing the correct thing.
It is what democracy is all about.

Why not Bosnia and nam? Why did I not i=nclude grenadia, about 6 invasions of nicaragua Korea, etc?
Too much to type.
I said what i said and meant what I said and I am us citizen 100%.

what does being no. 1 or 3 or 8 mean exactly, in real terms?

Being a higher number (in this case 8, emphasised by the G8), especially double figures, in terms of your economic and military standing within the international community, means you're more susceptible to foreign policy i.e - interference, or more realistically, manipulation.

So it is best to be the one doing the manipulating then?

i would rather be the manipulator then the one being manipulated.....

and what does a stupidly wrong Invasion of a Country have to do with your question?....if your living in a Country thay just may have had the higest standard of living on the planet.....WHY THE HELL would you want to take a few steps down?....

Forum List

Back