Why does America have to be number 1?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Why do most/many have to feel that the USA is number 1 in the world in spite of facts and statistics which many refuse to accept.

Are we so arrogant as a nation that we cannot accept being number 2 or 3?

I just do not understand the mindset driving this attitude I suppose.

Why do most/many have to feel that the USA is number 1 in the world in spite of facts and statistics which many refuse to accept.

I understand it perfectly. It's all to do with self-preservation and ensuring prosperity. It may seem like a very arrogant mind-set, but it's also an incredibly useful mind-set.

If you have a country that has been convinced from a young age through the media, Hollywood and generally being bombarded with positive propaganda that they're the top of the world's food-chain, you are a country that's, in the majority, one hundred percent loyal. And if something, be it another country or an influential organisation, threatens the homeland or its interests, you have a population that will stop at nothing and fight tooth and nail to neutralise whatever's threatening their dominance.

America has been very clever in this respect and implemented a proceedure that I hand-on-heart believe the UK should adopt. It's incredibly innocent and routine to its target, but it instills seemingly unshakeable loyalty.

It's called the Pledge of Allegiance and it's repeated across America every morning, five days a week.

It reminds the next generation of Americans that, apart from their family, they're are loyal only to the United States of America and that as citizens, they have a debt to and a duty to defend their homeland. It's actually one of the most potent tools/weapons America has at its disposal to ensure what I mentioned at the beginning of this post - future prosperity and self-preservation.

Last edited:
We have to be number 1 because we are exceptional

what does being no. 1 or 3 or 8 mean exactly, in real terms?

Being a higher number (in this case 8, emphasised by the G8), especially double figures, in terms of your economic and military standing within the international community, means you're more susceptible to foreign policy i.e - interference, or more realistically, manipulation.

Which facts and statistics do people refuse to accept?

Being a higher number (in this case 8, emphasised by the G8), especially double figures, in terms of your economic and military standing within the international community, means you're more susceptible to foreign policy i.e - interference, or more realistically, manipulation.

that knife cuts both ways.

US Citizen?

Cuz we're still #1 in the most important thing of all, ever, and likely forever, the MILITARY.

You asked for it !

Attachments

• $murkastan.gif
    $murkastan.gif
    74.6 KB · Views: 73

Cuz we're still #1 in the most important thing of all, ever, and likely forever, the MILITARY.

It's all about might and not right?

Apparently you needed to be put in sports when younger.

The most powerful nation in the world gets to secure it's interests and set it's own agenda. It is in charge of it's own destiny.

Go play a game of Civilization with the intention of being #4 and see how it goes.

So it is best to be the one doing the manipulating then?

Thankfully we have BOTH, always have, might usually makes right anyway.

Guess YOU don't get it....:eusa_whistle:

I guess I don't and after witnessing our preemptive invasion, occupation and governmental overthrow of a sovern nation I am glad I do not get it.

yeah Sadam sucked but that is beside the point.

We as Americans are not supposed to do things like that. More like a former USSR tactic than a USA one. Or at least it used to be.

Last edited:

I guess I don't and after witnessing our preemptive invasion, occupation and governmental overthrow of a sovern nation I am glad I do not get it.

yeah Sadam sucked but that is beside the point.

We as Americans are not supposed to do things like that. More like a former USSR tactic than a USA one. Or at least it used to be.

You failed to mention Bosnia, Vietnam. Why is that?

We also sided with uncle joseph, who nicely killed 16 million people, and ceded to him eastern europe after ww2. He made Hitler look like a piker and Hitler was evil incarnate. That wasn't very nice either, dont you think? It's just a matter of what prism you're looking through history.

Anyway, no country will ever be perfect. No doubt we have had flaws since the beginning but I'll always side with the US.

Last edited:
Luckily for you, usc, decades of liberal policies have made it harder and harder. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back