Why does a god care if you worship it or not?

God is trying to teach us to be happy and free. Unfortunately, few of us seem to live the counsel.

He created this great and marvelous universe just for us.

Is it so hard to say thank you once in a while?

1.) Question is not about whether we should worship it, but why it would want to be worshiped.
2.) God's a he?

Last edited:
Worship? Hmmmmm.

I prefer to be grateful to God and thank him for all the blessings in my Life. I also ask for strength and guidance and more understanding as I move about my every day.

I've never understood this.

God is extremely mighty and powerful so He created the universe. But He's incredibly insecure so we have to tell him how wonderful He is. And if we don't, we go to hell, so He's petty too.

In theory I think God just suggests that if you intend to live a spiritual life that the one who represents a spiritual life should come first. I doubt he wants his ass kissed.

Last edited:
There's my question. What do you guys think? :)

Worshiping God is only knowing who he is. You don't have to get on your hands and knees and worship like the religious people think they have to do. The opposite of worshiping God is to worship your own ideas, which means you work to please yourself.

God is extremely mighty and powerful so He created the universe. But He's incredibly insecure so we have to tell him how wonderful He is. And if we don't, we go to hell, so He's petty too.

I-am-the-Lord-your-God-you-shall-put-no-other-Gods-before-me-First-two-deadly-sins-Envy-and-Vanity.jpg

A real he-man god would not be so egotistical as to require worship. That's why god, if there is one, is probably a woman. Secure enough in her existance not to need affirmation.

Actually, it's pretty much all that's relevant.

How?

I used them as examples to exemplify the mentality of worshiping a deity.

I asked why you think God cares if you worship 'him'.

You cited various religions.

If you don't follow any of them, then you didn't answer my question, so I'll ask it again.

What makes you think God cares if you worship 'him'?

Forum List

Back