CDZ Why do you work ?

Agreed. You did, however, leave out an additional part about managers trying to make themselves look good to their bosses (making quotas, coming in under budget, etc.) at the expense of their subordinates.

I don't have sufficient respect for my boss to worry about such things. He's nothing more than an impediment to actual work getting done in a reasonable manner.

Agreed. You did, however, leave out an additional part about managers trying to make themselves look good to their bosses (making quotas, coming in under budget, etc.) at the expense of their subordinates.

I don't have sufficient respect for my boss to worry about such things. He's nothing more than an impediment to actual work getting done in a reasonable manner.
I've had a couple of jobs where I felt exactly the same way.
There are few things worse than having a head boss, whose only qualifications are an MBA and chapped lips from kissing butt, attempt to run things. It gets even worse if they try to do it from off-site (district office, corp. HQ, etc.).
I have much more respect for someone who has actually worked their way up and knows what the job really entails, rather than someone who thinks that the MBA textbook is the "Word of God" and was able to regurgitate what they read in it well enough to pass a few tests.

My ex-boss is cynical and said that the only reason the workers work is for money, not pride for a job well done or any other reason. why do you work besides the obvious of getting a paycheck to support you and/or your family ? Is money really the only reason to get up everyday and go to work ?
Americans are not so hard working persons, are we?

I work to be productive. I read one time the happiest people are those who work for compensation. The second happiest are those who volunteer. I usually do both. :thup:

Work for me, is not what it implies to many others. To me, it is something I love to do. It is just called work for simplification.

Your former boss is in the wrong job for him or her. He or she may be right that people work for money but that money may be their link to survival.

I have only once had to work. And I loved it then and I love it now. I love working weekends and holidays the most. That is when I am the busiest at work. I only work at jobs I love and they have always involved customers in happy moods. I have mostly been self-employed and customers have often said to me "you love what you do don't you?" They they take my picture after compliments to me. I make them happy. But only a happy person can do that whether self-employed or working for another.

Work is good. It beings many rewards, if you are not resentful of your job for one or more reasons.

My ex-boss is cynical and said that the only reason the workers work is for money, not pride for a job well done or any other reason. why do you work besides the obvious of getting a paycheck to support you and/or your family ? Is money really the only reason to get up everyday and go to work ?
Americans are not so hard working persons, are we?

I work to be productive. I read one time the happiest people are those who work for compensation. The second happiest are those who volunteer. I usually do both. :thup:

Work for me, is not what it implies to many others. To me, it is something I love to do. It is just called work for simplification.

Your former boss is in the wrong job for him or her. He or she may be right that people work for money but that money may be their link to survival.

I have only once had to work. And I loved it then and I love it now. I love working weekends and holidays the most. That is when I am the busiest at work. I only work at jobs I love and they have always involved customers in happy moods. I have mostly been self-employed and customers have often said to me "you love what you do don't you?" They they take my picture after compliments to me. I make them happy. But only a happy person can do that whether self-employed or working for another.

Work is good. It beings many rewards, if you are not resentful of your job for one or more reasons.

I couldn't agree more, I love what I do. I love going to work it is enjoyable. If it wasn't, I'd leave and find something else to work for.

Life is short, do what you love.

New Topics

Forum List

Back