Why do you want us bankrupt?

And the GnOP would rather have grandma with no health care, eating cat food made of assholes and eyeballs than to have the upper 2% pay a little more in taxes. God forbid they have to buy a Porsche instead of a Lamborghini.

And now you put yourself in the lying moron catagory.

grats

It is hyperbole, but I haven't heard Ryan's budget address what happens when (like before Medicare) Private insurers don't *want* to insure the elderly, and part II, what happens when the Vouchers run out.

He's resaying what he has heard from the leaders of the DNC.

Or did you miss pelosi and reid saying much the same?

Ryans plan is DOA. I haven't bothered to read it b/c if the dems howled like they did over a pitance of $100b, they won't even vote on Ryans plan.

grats

It is hyperbole, but I haven't heard Ryan's budget address what happens when (like before Medicare) Private insurers don't *want* to insure the elderly, and part II, what happens when the Vouchers run out.

He's resaying what he has heard from the leaders of the DNC.

Or did you miss pelosi and reid saying much the same?

Ryans plan is DOA. I haven't bothered to read it b/c if the dems howled like they did over a pitance of $100b, they won't even vote on Ryans plan.

That didn't address my post, but uh, yea: his plan doesn't deserve a Vote because it's an asinine plan.

Well you've essentially got 2 groups of people in America who make up the majority, 1 group that just doesn't vote, the other group being dems/reps.

Most dems/reps would rather defend, stand by, make excuses for their politicians rather than holding them accountable. So when one side spends wildly they excuse it, when the other side spends wildly it's the worst thing any politicians have ever done.

Fact is, every government run program and sector needs to either be done away with or enormously slashed. Not a 1%, 5% or 10% cut, an enormous slash with a machete.

And the GnOP would rather have grandma with no health care, eating cat food made of assholes and eyeballs than to have the upper 2% pay a little more in taxes. God forbid they have to buy a Porsche instead of a Lamborghini.

grats

it is as much a "lie" as the o/p.

repubs might not want grandma to have no health care and have to eat cat food, but their policies say they don't care if she does.

let me know when they reinstate the revenues from the bush tax cuts and that will solve a goodly chunk of the deficit.

get out of iraq and afghanistan and that should take care of the rest.

it isn't rocket science.

Non-sense. Complete and utter non-sense.

fyi; Most, to the point it would probably get rounded up to 100% of us have or had grandmas

If the OP lied. Please tell me why the dems fought tooth and nail, used propaganda on you to the point you actually think we don't give a fuck about granny and kids, to drag a moderate cut of $100 Billion down to a pittance of $38Billion and still say that the GOP wants granny working at the Solent Green factory.

The insane opposition to cutting spending can only mean one thing. You guys want us bankrupt. Why? What on earth do you gain when the government has no money and can't pay our bills?

Or is someone honestly going to claim that we aren't spending ourselves into irrelevancy? Is there anyone who doesn't think our debt is a problem?

cut which spending is the only issue I have.

I think we should cut military spending by 50%.
We would still outspend any other nation on earth even with a 50% cut.

We should agressivly pursue any govt fraud including Medicare/medicaid, welfare.

We should competitively group purchase drugs for any govt healthcare.

We should adjust the retirement age for SS since people live longer now.

We should review and adjust govt employees benefits to be more in line with the non govt employees in theis country.
The things we spend military funds for are 100 times more expensive for us though ;)
$1,000 hammers, etc....

100 million in missles for Libya.

grats

repubs might not want grandma to have no health care and have to eat cat food, but their policies say they don't care if she does.

let me know when they reinstate the revenues from the bush tax cuts and that will solve a goodly chunk of the deficit.

it isn't rocket science.

fyi; Most, to the point it would probably get rounded up to 100% of us have or had grandmas

If the OP lied. Please tell me why the dems fought tooth and nail, used propaganda on you to the point you actually think we don't give a fuck about granny and kids, to drag a moderate cut of $100 Billion down to a pittance of $38Billion and still say that the GOP wants granny working at the Solent Green factory.

Do you really not know where the talking point is drawn from?

I said it in my post that you didn't address. The talking point is hyperbole but it's grounded in a pretty uncertain reality.

Ryan's plan doesn't address two things regarding the Elderly's care:

1.) what happens when the vouchers run out?
2.) what happens if, like in the past, insurers don't want to cover the Risk of the elderly?

Michael Steele was asked to address these issues, he said "we don't know yet," however, the proposal is written without "knowing yet," hence the birth of the hyperbolic talking point somewhat grounded in reality.

The insane opposition to cutting spending can only mean one thing. You guys want us bankrupt. Why? What on earth do you gain when the government has no money and can't pay our bills?

Or is someone honestly going to claim that we aren't spending ourselves into irrelevancy? Is there anyone who doesn't think our debt is a problem?

Dubya had to borrow money from Communist China to fund the invasion of Iraq. We have been broke and spending ourselves into irrelevancy for years. Why just now, is this such an issue for you?

It was an issue with Clinton--4t in the hole, Bush--10t in the hole, Obama--14.3t in the hole and rising. You're right that we have been spending ourselves into oblivion for years though.

Dubya had to borrow money from Communist China to fund the invasion of Iraq. We have been broke and spending ourselves into irrelevancy for years. Why just now, is this such an issue for you?

Ok so you were presented with a solid question....why are you so opposed to spending cuts?

We all know that if we dont cut spending and raise revenue this whole thing we call the US government is going to go bankrupt and in the end all of us will be screwed regardless of party.

How is "Bush added to the debt" a legitimate answer?

dont be a hack.

BTW a little debt info for you since you want to use Bush

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

1/29/2001 national debt was 5.73 trillion
1/28/2009 natoinal debt was 10.63 trillion

Bush added 4.9 trillion over 8 years or 0.63 trillion/year or 34% of the total national debt

1/29/2009 national debt was 10.63 trillion
1/29/2011 natoinal debt was 14.06 trillion

Obama added 3.4 trillion over 2 years or 1.72 trillion/year or 24% of the national debt.

It was an issue with Clinton--4t in the hole, Bush--10t in the hole, Obama--14.3t in the hole and rising. You're right that we have been spending ourselves into oblivion for years though.

I am curious as to what VA's response will be.

it isn't rocket science.

I said it in my post that you didn't address. The talking point is hyperbole but it's grounded in a pretty uncertain reality.

2.) what happens if, like in the past, insurers don't want to cover the Risk of the elderly?

Michael Steele was asked to address these issues, he said "we don't know yet," however, the proposal is written without "knowing yet," hence the birth of the hyperbolic talking point somewhat grounded in reality.
So the answer is to not do anything and we can ALL eat catfood??

:clap2:

Equality. Excellent answer. Those who refuse to contribute to their own well being rather than living off the fruits of the bastard rich people should be given a lesson in how many opportunities to improve themselves they have squandered - integrated schools, integrated neighborhoods, educational opportunities to get off welfare and free childcare while they're trying to make something of themselves, race quota laws that exclude better educated people who worked their asses off to get into college and more experienced, knowledgeable people for the sake of employment quotas. All for the sake of equality. And now the filthy rich should split their profits of their labor equally? Shit almighty.

I don't care whether the slugs are picking cotton, apples, peaches, corn, beans, litter on the streets and highways or sewing on buttons at the local laundry mat - they should have to work for their welfare payoff every month. No work, no welfare.

We should agressivly pursue any govt fraud including Medicare/medicaid, welfare.

We should review and adjust govt employees benefits to be more in line with the non govt employees in theis country.
The things we spend military funds for are 100 times more expensive for us though ;)
$1,000 hammers, etc....

I float tested a $300 screwdriver once. The result was "Unsat"

So the answer is to not do anything and we can ALL eat catfood??

:clap2:

I'm sorry, do you see an "if-so" in my post? Way to further the hyperbole.

We Are bankrupt. We need revenue, and tariffs.

This. There's an insane obsession with around here with cutting taxes. Going to war, "CUT TAXES!", budget shortfall, "CUT TAXES!", natural disaster, "CUT TAXES!"

Our great grandparents and grandparents would likely slap us all silly. They bought war bonds, we cut taxes.

I think everyone acknowledges we need to cut some spending, but only the truly insane think that you can cut your way out of a national debt that's too large for a human to truly comprehend.

61% of Obama's Voters were white. Black only 23%,

But regardless, he's definitely a disappointment. He is not fixing a damn thing, but helping make it worse.

Skooks, realists look at the whole picture, not just who's in office now. You're right, Political hacks do that (only look at now), thus you're calling yourself one.

Most people know that this has been a growing Problem since the late 70's early 80's.

This too. We had one bright shining moment when it looked like Clinton and Newt might finally get us out of this mess and on the path to a debt free future. Then Bush came along and spent us right back into the hole. And no, Obama is not any better than Bush. He's practically Bush's third term. All of Bush's policies and practices I loathed have continued under Obama.

To be honest, I think we're already pretty screwed. I think that we passed the point of no return under Bush and at this point we're just running head long towards disaster as fast as we possibly can. I don't think we can avoid a default on the debt and the financial collapse that will bring around the world. I'm just wondering if it'll happen during my lifetime or my son's.

$1,000 hammers, etc....

It's not just that. It's the contracts.

The missle builders know they won't get much in the way of maintainence contracts, so the product is expensive and must be replaced, eventually.

When gear is used and re-used, it must be maintained. IF they get paid to do the maintanence themslves, you pay HUGE union wages that have multipliers added on in certain situations. IF it's maintained by the military, the tools to work it are often provided by the builder and required to be bought.

That $300 dollar screwdriver I mentioned; Was made of bronze and we were required to have it just incase we needed to remove either of 2 cards in one unit in a 12 unit system.
Guess how many times I had to replace one of those cards. :eusa_angel:

In other words;

VaYank; I don't give a fuck cuz evul Bush did it!! The fact that BIG O has out spent Bush, already don't mean a fukkin thing to me cuz he's black and has a (D) at the end of his name!

Let me guess, you're a Tea Bagger? Thanks for your inane assumptions on who I support and why. Now, back to the topic at hand. Obama, while going to extremes, has at least spent my tax dollars on THIS country. Dubya, on the other hand spent my tax dollars blowing the shit out of, and then helping to rebuild OTHER countries. I personally, have a problem with this. And yes, BUSH did it.

Oh....and let us not forget that WONDERFUL Medicare part D that Bush implemented, that our grandchildren will be paying for...

$1,000 hammers, etc....

It's not just that. It's the contracts.

The missle builders know they won't get much in the way of maintainence contracts, so the product is expensive and must be replaced, eventually.

When gear is used and re-used, it must be maintained. IF they get paid to do the maintanence themslves, you pay HUGE union wages that have multipliers added on in certain situations. IF it's maintained by the military, the tools to work it are often provided by the builder and required to be bought.

That $300 dollar screwdriver I mentioned; Was made of bronze and we were required to have it just incase we needed to remove either of 2 cards in one unit in a 12 unit system.

Thanks for the info 2, learning about the ins and outs of government is like learning of the ins and outs of an economy priced hot dog before you eat it, except on a way bigger scale.

it isn't rocket science.

Non-sense.

The "Consevatives hate grandmothers and children" mantra started when the House GOP put for $100B in cuts.

Don't tell me it didn't, I was watching.

I addressed Ryans plan. I said it's DOA. If the dems can't cut $100B, they won't ever bother to consider Ryans $4Trillion in cuts, or even chop it up.

Were you a Navy man? I know in the Navy it's standard policy to lug around loads of extra crap on the boat because if you did need that screwdriver in the middle of the Pacific, it's not like you can head out to the local Home Depot for one.

I typically don't have an issue with a military grade "X" costing more than a civilian one due to the fact that the part has to work 100% of the time under extreme conditions or someone is going to die. I know that the screwdrivers in my house aren't likely to ever have to stand up to conditions like that.

I do have an issue when you get your hands on military grade equipment that's actually inferior to civilian stuff. But that's been pretty rare in my (very limited) experience.

Note: I did not serve. The post above reflects conversations with family and friends that did and examining some of the military issue things they'd since purchased from surprlus or had from time served. Most of the time that's high quality stuff.

I addressed Ryans plan. I said it's DOA. If the dems can't cut $100B, they won't ever bother to consider Ryans $4Trillion in cuts, or even chop it up.

One of the things that is a shame about that is that Ryan's plan includes the idea of running block grants so that many of the entitlements can be ran at the State level. I've been a big fan of that idea for a while both from a Constitutional point of view and from a logistical point of view. It seems to make sense you put the folks responsible for who qualifies as close to the people in question as possible.

Forum List

Back