Why do you think President Obama?

BTW - as others have alluded, his teflon personal favorability is now past-tense:

'His personal favorability, once a strong point for Obama, has vanished and is now being replaced by a personal dislike that is dragging him down.

'These data, buried deep in the latest NY Times/CBS poll (of registered voters, not likely voters) are both stark and important. In April, Obama had a 42-45 favorable/unfavorable rating, itself a shock given his vastly higher favorable ratings only a few months before. Now, he has a favorable rating of only 36% and an unfavorable rating of 48%.'

Obama’s Ratings Dive at DickMorris.com

yep, he's not really liked much..that is manufactured like he is

Last edited:
I dislike Obama's policies, I think they are hurting America. That said, I'd love to sit down with him, have a beer. Other times he seems vindictive, doesn't like his opinion challenged and has an big ego, but I would also imagine any President needs a big ego. He can be a bit of a narcissist.

He liked unsealing the Ryan's divorce, he's a nice guy that way
He likes to keep his college records sealed, too. That's so we don't read his thesis paper and see proof in his own words that he is a goddamned Marxist!

There are those of us that have never liked and will never like Obama or that America-hating wife he listens to....and the dislike has absolutely NOTHING to do with his race.

I think it depends a lot on which side of the fence you sit.

I'm not a political person and have never belonged to any party so do not have any built up partisanship, positive or negative.

I believe most people in the beginning will give a new president the benefit of the doubt. He is, after all, the president of all of us and most people want their leaders to be successful.

While there are real racists out there who would hate Obama no matter what, I think most of us "liked" Obama in the beginning whether we voted for him or not and were willing to give him a chance.

For non-racist Dems, most still do "like" Obama. For the non-racist Pubs, who are far more interested in the success or failure of his policies, we will probably find that most fit our thinking.

There is also this factor to consider. By stating you "like" the president while condemning his policies, you are attempting to reinforce your criticism. IOW you do not dislike his policies because you dislike the man. Instead, it's a case of "even tho he's A-OK as a person, his policies suck."

But in the long run, it's very seldom personality ever wins an election unless the opposition is a real nutcase.

And for those who will be prompted to jump all over that statement - NO, Mitt is not a nutcase :-D

Why do you think President Obama is so well liked as a person by the American public?

Any theories on this?

The average American is not stupid. We can see what he walked into and what has been thrown in his way to prevent him from doing a better job. The opposition he faces 24/7 is also in opposition to the wishes of the Americans that elected him in the first place.

He has accepted the most hateful shitstorm of manufactured negative avalanche of words and deeds by a minority segment of the political spectrum amplified 1000 times its true value, dedicated to one purpose only... to insure his presidency and America fail, with astounding grace.

The REAL truth is that we as a country are recovering steadily from the worst challenge we have ever faced perpetrated by a philosophy of "no"...to "hell no" ...to stealing everything that isn't bolted down by wall street thieves and deposited in offshore accounts of these same thieves under cover of the same forces that now rail on Obama for everything his office has no control of. Gas prices...unemployment..etc.. The things he could do without the approval of the House which has approved NOTHING he has done. Fortunately for America it has been enough...just enough.

Most Americans are not stupid. We have seen what has been going on.

That said.. Obama has actually acoomplished some things that were very important to us...Killing Bin Ladin to name one. Not allowing another terrorist attack..for another. Things like taking out the pirates on the high seas.. These presidential decisions matter.

Obama has turned out to be the kind of man with the kind of character most Americans value.

He has been above the fray of dirty politics with a steady hand on the tiller.

I believe that is why most Americans like Barrack Obama.

Why do you think President Obama is so well liked as a person by the American public?

Any theories on this?

The average American is not stupid. We can see what he walked into and what has been thrown in his way to prevent him from doing a better job. The opposition he faces 24/7 is also in opposition to the wishes of the Americans that elected him in the first place.

He has accepted the most hateful shitstorm of manufactured negative avalanche of words and deeds by a minority segment of the political spectrum amplified 1000 times its true value, dedicated to one purpose only... to insure his presidency and America fail, with astounding grace.

The REAL truth is that we as a country are recovering steadily from the worst challenge we have ever faced perpetrated by a philosophy of "no"...to "hell no" ...to stealing everything that isn't bolted down by wall street thieves and deposited in offshore accounts of these same thieves under cover of the same forces that now rail on Obama for everything his office has no control of. Gas prices...unemployment..etc.. The things he could do without the approval of the House which has approved NOTHING he has done. Fortunately for America it has been enough...just enough.

Most Americans are not stupid. We have seen what has been going on.

That said.. Obama has actually acoomplished some things that were very important to us...Killing Bin Ladin to name one. Not allowing another terrorist attack..for another. Things like taking out the pirates on the high seas.. These presidential decisions matter.

Obama has turned out to be the kind of man with the kind of character most Americans value.

He has been above the fray of dirty politics with a steady hand on the tiller.

I believe that is why most Americans like Barrack Obama.

man that was a real tear jerker
and the rest a real hoot
the majority of Americans Disapprove of Obama and his stellar hand on the tiller character
but your post was cute anyway:lol:

Forum List

Back