Why do you think President Obama?

Why do you think President Obama is so well liked as a person by the American public?

Any theories on this?

I don't know that he is. His lackeys in the media tell us it's so, but I can't see it. I see pompous.. arrogant..narcissistic..

Im not convinced he is as well liked as some try to make it seem.

Well, poll after poll shows people still like the guy as a person, but I wonder why that is.

eh polls can be manipulated. i dont put lots of trust in polls.

I don't as well, but sometimes the numbers are so high, you can't ignore them. Like this latest poll, which I don't have a link to by the way, has President Obama's likability at 60%. It's the Gallop poll I do believe, but 60% is really high for a guy that has made things worse than better.

Now, I don't want to get into a debate about whether or not we are worse off now than we were when President Obama took office, it's just my opinion.

I just don't understand how President Obama is so well liked. I have a theory, but I'm cynical and it's most likely not true.

Why do you think President Obama is so well liked as a person by the American public?

Any theories on this?

Not sure, I mean at first I understood. He seems like a nice guy, the Chicks think he is Hot. He has a cool story, he is a good speaker.

Now, in the Last few months as the Campaign has been heating up, it's becoming more and more clear he isn't such a nice guy, and if he is not speaking from a script he has a tendency to say stupid shit, and let us see his real Beliefs.

and still people say they like him as a Person.

Personally I think the Mask is off. He is not Mr Nice Guy, He is not the Guy with all the Answers, he is not Different, or Better. He is not the Guy who brings us together, He is not Change for the Better. He is a very Typical Hyper Partisan Politician who is willing to say anything to get your Vote, and hide the Fact that he is a Terrible Leader, and a mediocre President.

Well, poll after poll shows people still like the guy as a person, but I wonder why that is.

I don't as well, but sometimes the numbers are so high, you can't ignore them. Like this latest poll, which I don't have a link to by the way, has President Obama's likability at 60%. It's the Gallop poll I do believe, but 60% is really high for a guy that has made things worse than better.

Now, I don't want to get into a debate about whether or not we are worse off now than we were when President Obama took office, it's just my opinion.

I just don't understand how President Obama is so well liked. I have a theory, but I'm cynical and it's most likely not true.

It's not Uncommon for Politicians to have Higher than you would expect Personal Likeability Ratings. Even when Bush number 2's Job Approval Numbers were in the low 30% range, he still had a Much Higher Personal Likeability Rating. Not 60%, But Well better than 30.

Even ask today, and you will find a lot of people, even ones who Thought GW was a Horrible President, who say they think he is a Nice Guy.

Any theories on this?

Not sure, I mean at first I understood. He seems like a nice guy, the Chicks think he is Hot. He has a cool story, he is a good speaker.

Now, in the Last few months as the Campaign has been heating up, it's becoming more and more clear he isn't such a nice guy, and if he is not speaking from a script he has a tendency to say stupid shit, and let us see his real Beliefs.

and still people say they like him as a Person.

Personally I think the Mask is off. He is not Mr Nice Guy, He is not the Guy with all the Answers, he is not Different, or Better. He is not the Guy who brings us together, He is not Change for the Better. He is a very Typical Hyper Partisan Politician who is willing to say anything to get your Vote, and hide the Fact that he is a Terrible Leader, and a mediocre President.

Can you name me one politican that is not?

It's not Uncommon for Politicians to have Higher than you would expect Personal Likeability Ratings. Even when Bush number 2's Job Approval Numbers were in the low 30% range, he still had a Much Higher Personal Likeability Rating. Not 60%, But Well better than 30.

Even ask today, and you will find a lot of people, even ones who Thought GW was a Horrible President, who say they think he is a Nice Guy.

I loved the Bushisms that he made.

Now with that being said. The OP is not interested in why Obama is not liked by you, but, why people(you) like Obama.

I like him as a democratic leader.
I like Romney also, they are both about the same and will do the same in office.
Let's face it, big business and lots of money controls the feds and the states govenors.. I wish it were not true, but, that is the way it is.
I just try to survive and take care of my family, that is my first concern.

Last edited:

Any theories on this?

I don't know that he is. His lackeys in the media tell us it's so, but I can't see it. I see pompous.. arrogant..narcissistic..

What I see is a man who aspires to be an Imperial President, a Guy who has no respect for the Constitution, or the Separation of Powers, and a Guy who has no Fucking Clue what he is doing on several key Fronts and is unwilling to admit it. A guy who has turned to lying, Smearing, and Dividing America Along Class lines.

If you want to sum that up as Pompous, Arrogant and Narcissistic feel free, but I think it is Something Much worse then just that.

A few months back there were all sorts of threads about do you think Obama is the worst President ever, and I said no there were more than a few who had been worse. The way he has been running this Campaign, and playing Politics with every single issue since then has changed my mind. He has earned my Vote for the worst president of all time.

Not Because he is black, not even because he is Liberal, Because of what is in Bold Above.

You need to get used to the fact tht the republic died after WWII and we have been an empire ever since.
Just like the Romans and the Roman republic died after Julius Caesar came to power, because empires need more attention and speedier actions that a legislative body does not facilitate.

Any theories on this?

What I see is a man who aspires to be an Imperial President, a Guy who has no respect for the Constitution, or the Separation of Powers, and a Guy who has no Fucking Clue what he is doing on several key Fronts and is unwilling to admit it. A guy who has turned to lying, Smearing, and Dividing America Along Class lines.

If you want to sum that up as Pompous, Arrogant and Narcissistic feel free, but I think it is Something Much worse then just that.

A few months back there were all sorts of threads about do you think Obama is the worst President ever, and I said no there were more than a few who had been worse. The way he has been running this Campaign, and playing Politics with every single issue since then has changed my mind. He has earned my Vote for the worst president of all time.

Not Because he is black, not even because he is Liberal, Because of what is in Bold Above.

Jimmy Carter is doing the happy dance. :dance:

Some people have a way of turning you off with their particular personalities - Richard Nixon, LBJ as examples. Not cuddly people at all.

Obama does not have that abrasiveness, at last not in the beginning.

There is also the race factor. The Dems have that bad habit of accusing anyone criticizing Obama of being racist. It's far easier for many to say they like him [as a person while disagreeing strongly about his policies]. just to avoid the anticipated bullshit.

Im not convinced he is as well liked as some try to make it seem.

I am put off by that arrogant look he often has. And I notice Michelle is often photographed with a sour look on her face. Is this attitude showing through? I was really peeved at the video of the two of them at a flag ceremony and Michelle clearly said, "All this for a damn flag" and Obama's expression showed he agreed with her sentiment. I think they feel the same way about most Americans. I think the nice guy myth has been debunked.

Some people have a way of turning you off with their particular personalities - Richard Nixon, LBJ as examples. Not cuddly people at all.

Obama does not have that abrasiveness, at last not in the beginning.

There is also the race factor. The Dems have that bad habit of accusing anyone criticizing Obama of being racist. It's far easier for many to say they like him [as a person while disagreeing strongly about his policies]. just to avoid the anticipated bullshit.

This is what I think as well, but I don't want to believe it. I think people, when asked, say they like President Obama as a person only because they don't want to be labeled as a racist.

Yes....people who actually don't like President Obama will lie about it when responding to an anonymous poll because they are afraid the pollster, who doesn't know them and never will, will think they are racist if hey tell the truth.

Makes perfect sense.

Forum List

Back