Why do you support illegal immigration?

there would be no cost for deportation if we would fine those that hire them and not extend any benefits to them e.g. food stamps healthcare schooling etc.the costs for these are paid by all while the benefits of their cheap labor only help a few that usually dont need it. these workers are exploited horribly also sometimes not even paid what are they going to do go to the cops? but they will leave on there own without support.

there would be no cost for deportation if we would fine those that hire them and not extend any benefits to them e.g. food stamps healthcare schooling etc.the costs for these are paid by all while the benefits of their cheap labor only help a few that usually dont need it. these workers are exploited horribly also sometimes not even paid what are they going to do go to the cops? but they will leave on there own without support.

Yeah, but you have to pay someone to find them.

I agree with the rest of your post.

If I could get deported to Hawaii - I would turn myself in. Oh Crap! I forgot I am not an illegal alien! :rolleyes:

Why are you trying to force Charles to do something you are afraid to do yourself? Interesting that you think enforcing federal law is the duty of the states and the citizens.

When the Federal Government has abdicated its responsibility to enforce its laws, it us up to the state and local governments to take up the slack.

What's the basis for that? If you look at the oath of office for state and local officials, you will find they that it includes supporting and defending the US Constitution. That includes the federal statutes (I'll bet you'll find).

Here, as in a few other counties across the country, we have taken the lead in this task. I personally think the way this should be handled is that the state Attorneys General of all the states should each file a writ of mandamus against the head of Homeland Security to force him to do his job.

I tend to agree in principle, but I like to keep things realistic. So could you tell me realistically how we can round up and deport 20 million people?

My observation with Prince William's effort is you will not need to round up 20 million people. If all the localities just take the minimal steps that are being taken here, the problem will be much more manageable.

What are we doing in Prince William? Just checking the immigration status of people who commit a crime. Such a simple step has had massive ripple effects.

So, good first steps....Complete the border fence. Check immigration status of everyone arrested. Deport the ones that are illegal present. That's all. Then we can look at where we are.

What's the basis for that? If you look at the oath of office for state and local officials, you will find they that it includes supporting and defending the US Constitution. That includes the federal statutes (I'll bet you'll find).

Could you offer some proof of that?

Could you offer some proof of that?

He's wrong anyway.

ARTICLE XIII

Public Officers

Section 1. Members of the legislature, and all officers, executive and
judicial, except such inferior officers as shall be by law exempted,
shall, before they enter on the duties of their respective offices, take
and subscribe the following oath or affirmation: "I do solemnly swear
(or affirm) that I will support the constitution of the United States,
and the constitution of the State of New York
, and that I will
faithfully discharge the duties of the office of ............, according
to the best of my ability; " and no other oath, declaration or test
shall be required as a qualification for any office of public trust
except that any committee of a political party may, by rule, provide for
equal representation of the sexes on any such committee, and a state
convention of a political party, at which candidates for public office
are nominated, may, by rule, provide for equal representation of the
sexes on any committee of such party.

New York Laws: Constitution: Oath of office; no other test for public office. :: Justia

Why are you trying to force Charles to do something you are afraid to do yourself? Interesting that you think enforcing federal law is the duty of the states and the citizens.

Ignoring it is so despicable, and THAT is what they are doing now... we're not saying local police or sheriff raids... but when local law enforcement and other entities come across the illegal scum, that they have a DUTY to turn them in and not ignore it

Dude, how do you equate wanting to know how we would round up 20 million people, to supporting sanctuary cities, I guess you missed my post about San Fran, and my other posts about how I want our government to get control of the border.

Pay attention, oh and did you just call me a liberal?? lol now thats a good one.

Um... no... I complained about the liberals and their stance on this issue... did not call you one

Ignoring it is so despicable, and THAT is what they are doing now... we're not saying local police or sheriff raids... but when local law enforcement and other entities come across the illegal scum, that they have a DUTY to turn them in and not ignore it

I disagree. If, in the city's opinion, these people are being given sanctuary, then the city disagrees that they are committing a crime by being undocumented.

It's not even clear to me that the local officials have a right to ask someone's immigration status unless they are arresting them for a crime.

Forum List

Back