2. It's required by (local) law
3. It saves me money as I have to pay to dispose "garbage" but not to recycle
4. It's FUN!

Of course, some people may not recycle because:

1. I don't want to
2. I'm not required to
3. It's too time consuming

Any other ideas?

Because if I don't, I'll get a hefty $500 fine if I get caught. While money's meant to be spent, it's not meant to be spent on garbage in the *literal* sense of the word. :eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

Personally for me, I recycle because I pay to dispose of garbage, but I don't pay to dispose of recyclable material. Therefore, I do my best to limit was goes into the garbage.

I don't think it is required by law for me, although I do think it is good for the environment. However, if disposal of my garbage was completely free, or if I had to pay the same amount whether I recycle or not, I probably wouldn't put the effort into it.

We recycle because landfills are stinky, messy, rat infested, toxic piles. It's fun to recycle too!

The recycle truck wouldn't take our christmas boxes though. We had to drive them down to the recycle place.

As a proud owner of two lovely rats, I'm OFFENDED!

Personally for me, I recycle because I pay to dispose of garbage, but I don't pay to dispose of recyclable material. Therefore, I do my best to limit was goes into the garbage.

I don't think it is required by law for me, although I do think it is good for the environment. However, if disposal of my garbage was completely free, or if I had to pay the same amount whether I recycle or not, I probably wouldn't put the effort into it.

We recycle because landfills are stinky, messy, rat infested, toxic piles. It's fun to recycle too!

The recycle truck wouldn't take our christmas boxes though. We had to drive them down to the recycle place.

As a proud owner of two lovely rats, I'm OFFENDED!

Two words: Snake food..

Forum List

Back