CDZ Why do you own a gun?

I'm writing a inquiry essay about gun laws and gun related incidents in the US, Since I lived in Europe and all the people I asked in my college don't own guns, I decided to ask participants of a more US influenced forum.
Do you need gun indeed?
IOF-32-REV-1.JPG
I believe you should have said, The students attending college in Europe told me they didn't own guns (because it's against the law) and since I attended college in Europe and not here in the United States I'd like to ask you why you own a gun.

To which any informed American would answer so that our crime rate does not become like yours, Donald. Europe has 4 times the crime rate of the United States and the UK leads the way. But referring to your mother land, Russia is the poster child for why no nation should ever permit themselves to be disarmed. Their nation has a far greater crime rate. Something you do not appear to be concerned with, Donald. One must wonder why.

thanks Jerimiah , I'd also add china [mao] , Cambodia [pol pot], Germany [Nazis] , idi amins country [forget] , some other African countries where Boko Harem is at work , mexico where cartels are at work . Plus there are many other all through history . Poland and its ww2 Warsaw ghetto . I'm not talking about crime though , talking about muderous LEGAL governments !! Course Boko harem is just terrorist I guess , jihadis !! And mexico is drug cartels .

Last edited:
I have a Remington 870 Tactical that I keep loaded and under the bed just in case.

I've been to the range with it exactly once since I bought it a year ago just to get the feel for it.

sure Owen , fun . You oughta go to a machine gun shoot someday to eat a few hotdogs and talk to the smiling friendly people. Or just go a range in Las Vegas if you ever get there , lots of Japanese go to Vegas ranges just so they can shoot guns .

1. Safety. People who own guns are safer than those who do not. It would be irresponsible of me not to make and keep my home and family as safe as possible.
2. Food. I have noted that I and my family like to eat at fairly regular intervals. Also hunters in my state have fed large numbers of people who are unable to hunt.
3. Investment. Most guns appreciate in value at rates much higher than inflation or saving accounts or even most stocks.
4. Collection. Guns are highly collectable.
5. Recreation and competition.

In reality, guns in America are forms of entertainment. They go "bang," like fireworks. Most gun owners simply shoot them for fun and entertainment.

Thinking about getting a gun. Be nice to have the option of blowing my brains out if any of the GOP clowns win in 2016 :)

You can own a handgun in England, if it is an antique. You can own a percussion revolver or a rim fire revolver or a flintlock pistol. But it is illegal to carry them loaded or to fire them at a certain distance from a public highway.
I purchased a percussion revolver and a couple of flintlocks when I felt threatened by certain persons. But I never got any of them working. Percussion revolvers are difficult to load and you cannot get percussion nipples. You have to make your own using caps.

Thinking about getting a gun. Be nice to have the option of blowing my brains out if any of the GOP clowns win in 2016 :)

No, no. Bad decision. A head shot is not at all certain and can easily leave you alive and seriously disabled You want to go for a heart shot. A 12 gauge would be your best choice.

No, no. Bad decision. A head shot is not at all certain and can easily leave you alive and seriously disabled You want to go for a heart shot. A 12 gauge would be your best choice.

Is when you know what you're doing. Many parts of the brain can survive a headshot as in the Giffords shooting. Others, not so much.

Is when you know what you're doing. Many parts of the brain can survive a headshot as in the Giffords shooting. Others, not so much.

Well, it is your decision.

I think you were joking, but if you have ever had real suicidal thought then;

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BUY A GUN.

I had a psychotic period twenty five years ago and I acquired various antique guns with suicide in mind,
Fortunately I never got any of them working, because if I had a loaded gun there were times when I might have used it. Nobody with suicidal thoughts should get a gun because it makes it far too easy to kill yourself when you might only be depressed, or having a bad day. I no longer have suicidal thoughts and I got rid of my guns. So I have lived another twenty five years after I might have died if I had got any of those guns working.

I own a gun because I choose to I need it to protect myself and family from those who would break into my home and and attempt to do us harm. While I respect and admire the police they can't always be here when I need them my gun is.

I own a gun because I choose to I need it to protect myself and family from those who would break into my home and and attempt to do us harm. While I respect and admire the police they can't always be here when I need them my gun is.
You stupid gun nuts, thinking that when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I own a gun because I can't carry a cop.

Whether or not I or anybody else needs a gun depends on their circumstances. If you need one but don't have one, you are what we call 'shit out of luck'. What do Europeans do when someone breaks into their home or pulls a knife on them? I guess I am as curious as you are about us. Do you beg? Pee? Cry?

I'm writing a inquiry essay about gun laws and gun related incidents in the US, Since I lived in Europe and all the people I asked in my college don't own guns, I decided to ask participants of a more US influenced forum.
Do you need gun indeed?
IOF-32-REV-1.JPG

Gun owners who have them for reasons other than work (law enforcement et al.) deep down don't believe in God or an afterlife. So this is all they get and naturally they wanna forstall the inevitible as long as possible. So they maintain an efficient means of defending themselves and those they care about.

If they did in fact believe in God and an afterlife they'd actually welcome being killed since that's a no-fault death they can benefit from (going to heaven) as opposed to suicide which is usually forbidden.

well...that is some stupid crap...and you usually seem at least rational, if not quite very bright....

I have some nice choices for you.....do you prefer a 9mm or .45 going through your brain....?:biggrin:

Forum List

Back