Why do you oppose the social safety net?

I thought it might be useful to understand where our opponents are coming from. If you're one of those fighting national healthcare or food stamps or taxpayer supported shelters, I want to hear from you. What is your reasoning? How do you propose we ensure the daily survival of the poor without feeding and housing them? How did you come to those conclusions?

Also, have you ever had to live in those conditions yourself? Do you know anyone who had to do so? Family? Friends? Associates? Can you tell us about your background at all? I only ask because it's hard not to notice how many of those people opposing these things have little personal experience with poverty or understanding of the lifestyle those programs enable.

False premise in the OP. No one opposes a safety net for those who need it. What is opposed is generational welfare that has destroyed the black family unit, destroyed most of our inner cities, and filled our jails with young americans who could be working.

Exactly. Many Dem's mean well with these policies, the issue is they are idiots. They propose half baked poorly thought out policies based on wishful thinking and how good it makes them feel. Then when it blows up in their faces the lowlife scum have the nerve to blame others.

I thought it might be useful to understand where our opponents are coming from. If you're one of those fighting national healthcare or food stamps or taxpayer supported shelters, I want to hear from you. What is your reasoning? How do you propose we ensure the daily survival of the poor without feeding and housing them? How did you come to those conclusions?

Also, have you ever had to live in those conditions yourself? Do you know anyone who had to do so? Family? Friends? Associates? Can you tell us about your background at all? I only ask because it's hard not to notice how many of those people opposing these things have little personal experience with poverty or understanding of the lifestyle those programs enable.
I don't oppose the safety net. I oppose how its structured.
Why not simplify to lower our tax burden?
Simple isn't what is needed. Mission goal is what needs to be changed.

The focus of any safety need is to get the person who needs it back on their feet and fending for themselves once again. Give the chance, people will slack off or simply stop trying if their needs are being met.

The mission goal of any safety need should be to do what is necessary to get the person out of the net.

Obviously, minimum wage doesn't work to helping since its been raised how many times, and yet the net still exists......

Training or education programs, work programs, hell, community work for the paycheck all work to get people back on their feet. Hell, a simple deadline is very effective. A person has six months and then they are cut off. Permanently.

Like I said. I don't oppose the safety net. Only how it is structured.

False premise in the OP. No one opposes a safety net for those who need it. What is opposed is generational welfare that has destroyed the black family unit, destroyed most of our inner cities, and filled our jails with young americans who could be working.
Why does the right prefer ideology over fixing that social dilemma on an at-will basis in our at-wil employment States?

another false premise. its the left that puts ideology above jobs, people, fiscal sanity, and national defense.

WTF do you mean exactly by "social dilemma" ?

Im pretty sure that Nations will be an antiquated piece of human history in about another buck fifty here.
So the future is City States? Singapore is the only contemporary example I can think of which has ever lasted. Only because they are a Chinese culture surrounded by Malaya.

I think that Capitalism itself is that "invisible hand" that is taking over the world.

Everything is being taken over by business interests. Once McDonalds got to China it was all over.

The next step in human evolution will either be some sort of one body Corporatocracy, or, science and human ingenuity come up with a system that improves all facets of human existence, two main ones being happiness and longevity.

Idiocracy! :D

Idiocracy 2006 - IMDb

We're not only slaves for this government, but to a bunch of lazy asses in this country who don't feel like working. And then if you complain any about it you get beat down for it with goofy threads like this

what a country. forced SLAVERY
Whats your highest level of education, and hardest job youve ever worked?

Seems to me, you talk more for the ideology you see on radio and TV then you do for the life you live.

Go look in a fucking mirror and meditate.

The lunch lady is entitled to her opinion, no matter how ludicrous!

What chaps my ass. We take food from our children's mouths to give to "this Safety net" for OTHERS

and not once Have I ever received a frkken thank you note. Instead we get threads like this beating the hell of people.

this is why I'm damn ready to say, the hell with you all. go frikken panhandle or something

What chaps my ass. We take food from our children's mouths to give to "this Safety net" for OTHERS

and not once Have I ever received a frkken thank you note. Instead we get threads like this beating the hell of people.

this is why I'm damn ready to say, the hell with you all. go frikken panhandle or something
Some on the left would like to "thank" the right for wasting the Peoples' tax monies on their wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror. :p

Im pretty sure that Nations will be an antiquated piece of human history in about another buck fifty here.
So the future is City States? Singapore is the only contemporary example I can think of which has ever lasted. Only because they are a Chinese culture surrounded by Malaya.

I think that Capitalism itself is that "invisible hand" that is taking over the world.

Everything is being taken over by business interests. Once McDonalds got to China it was all over.

The next step in human evolution will either be some sort of one body Corporatocracy, or, science and human ingenuity come up with a system that improves all facets of human existence, two main ones being happiness and longevity.

I would disagree. Everything is being taken over by political interests. A business is nothing more, nor nothing less, than a mechanism for transforming effort into value.

Aren't you a little past it to be competing with the streetwalkers when they take away your safety net? ;)

well the nasty clowns are here

this thread is dead

you all can have it

I would disagree. Everything is being taken over by political interests. A business is nothing more, nor nothing less, than a mechanism for transforming effort into value.

Into wealth, into resources, into power.

You forgot those last 3.

If the government wants to be in the business of paying people to be lazy, they are going to have to increase their wage scale if they want me.

What percentage are lazy? We always get this from the right. I want a number. If you can't supply a number/percentage of the American public that is lazy, then it's clear that you are basing your argument on simple talking points.

Into wealth, into resources, into power.

You forgot those last 3.

For private value at private risk, or public value at public risk?

You forgot that last one.

If the government wants to be in the business of paying people to be lazy, they are going to have to increase their wage scale if they want me.

What percentage are lazy? We always get this from the right. I want a number. If you can't supply a number/percentage of the American public that is lazy, then it's clear that you are basing your argument on simple talking points.

really, not one person on the LEFT has every voiced that huh. We have 47% of the people on some form of taxpayers/government assistance. so you're going to tell us not ONE OF THEM is lazy? this is what we always get from the left

get real. You on the left might think you're all some saints sent down from the heavens above. but many people know better

Are you asking what percentage of the general population is lazy? That sort of depends on how much money the government is willing to pay. Labor, and the lack of it, is a free market system.

Few oppose a 'safety net' in the most basic sense, but history has shown how easily one may fashion such a net into a collar and shackles. It's the history of the democrat party.

The social safety net of this nation never prevented anyone from finding a way out of poverty

It certainly has worked to incentivize against it. Something the democrat party relies upon.

"Because I've worked all my life jobs I couldn't stand not knowing how to budget my spending, so why should other people get money for nothing when I'm miserable?"

:)

Few oppose a 'safety net' in the most basic sense, but history has shown how easily one may fashion such a net into a collar and shackles. It's the history of the democrat party.

The social safety net of this nation never prevented anyone from finding a way out of poverty

It certainly has worked to incentivize against it. Something the democrat party relies upon.

Yep, they know exactly what they are doing. and IT'S WORKING all too well. but guess who it benefits the most? THOSE in this Government. a shame people won't wake up and see that.

they (Obama and his DEMOCRAT PARTY) didn't put out something like this video for nothing

We're not only slaves for this government, but to a bunch of lazy asses in this country who don't feel like working. And then if you complain any about it you get beat down for it with goofy threads like this

what a country. forced SLAVERY

How exactly is this thread beating you down?

The opening post is is very non-argumentative. It merely asks for an explanation of your views so they can better understand them.

If being asked to explain why you feel so adamantly about a policy feels like a 'beat down', might I suggest you:

1.) Grow some thicker skin.

2.) Do some research on the views you believe so much, so questions on them won't seem so frightening.

Poverty is a temporary situation in which people can workmthisxselvescout of. Up until Obama, even bush, a person could find work that was satisfactory but now you are stuck where you are. There is plenty of opportunity to improve your situation in this country so stop talking about people as if they are some permanent peasant class that has to be taken care of.

Forum List

Back