Why do you need to carry a gun?

Hey white nationalists. Kamala Harris needs YOUR support to win in 2020. Make sure to hurl a pejorative TODAY at a black, Hispanic or gay American. She thanks you in advance!

HOLY Shit its even in your tag line

IT got nothing to do with it its personal with you

carry on high roader carry on. keep carrying that gun though uni party man
you can block me to

Deplorable Yankee and his ilk gives the rest of us on the right a reputation for being "gun nuts", as well as being bigots. The Democratic Party loves morons like him.

you can block me to

"too"

too
/to͞o/
adverb
  1. 1.
    to a higher degree than is desirable, permissible, or possible; excessively.
    "he was driving too fast"
    synonyms: excessively, overly, over, unduly, immoderately, inordinately, unreasonably, ridiculously, to too great an extent/degree, extremely, very;
    informaltoo-too
    "invasion would be too risky"

2. 2.
    in addition; also.
    "is he coming too?"
    synonyms: also, as well, in addition, additionally, into the bargain, besides, furthermore, moreover, yet, on top of that, to boot;

In answer to the OPs title "Why do you need to carry a gun?" I offer this: You don't. You also don't need to to service the brakes on your car, put locks on your doors, prepare for your retirement, or even tie your shoelaces.

But people who think ahead about their welfare and the welfare of those around them do all these things, and more. They may place greater or lesser emphasis on various things, and that's called personal privilege.

I believe in being prepared. It's likely that all agree with this statement, but it's also evident that many disagree on the level of preparedness necessary. That's okay for yourself, but when you start trying to impose your brand of being prepared on me, that's when you overstep your bounds.

I don't think everyone should carry a gun, and if anyone is interested I'd be happy to give them personal advice on the matter. But ultimately, it's their decision.

Personally, I keep all my vehicles in top repair, I carry 3x the minimum liability required on all my insurance policies, I lock my doors, I'm retired and well off (because I worked hard and prepared), I tie my shoelaces, and I carry a gun whenever I leave my house.

This is America, that's my choice, and there's not a single person on this planet who is qualified to criticize my decisions.

The only guns I have or wish to have are staple guns and caulking guns. Ones for purposes of construction, not destruction. I just can't go through life looking over my shoulder for "threats" --- wouldn't ever want to live that way.

Have you read any of the posts? None of us are looking over our shoulders for "threats". No we are not living that way. Once again you purposely inject a LIE when several posts say they exact opposite. That shows a distinct lack of character.

I wouldn't trust you with either a caulking gun, nor a staple gun, nor a water pistol for that matter. You can't trust yourself so don't think others should. Sad. I wouldn't live that way.

Whatever, hiny-rash. I quoted the OP and responded to IT. With my own comparative observations of what goes on here.

That's not a "lie". Go buy a dictionary.

You are being blatantly dishonest, and the fact that you have to resort to a personal attack just reinforces that.

Actually I made no 'personal attack'. YOU just did. Twice.

Again you just lied. "Hiny-Rash" is not a personal attack? For the life of me, I could never come up wit that one.
I think that's what results from when one of beto's cows polishes his ass. Why do I carry a gun? Because dem scum do not want to punish criminals. I have been robbed at gun point had two home invasions and attacked by brick throwing scum. Didn't have a gun then. Do now. Where were the police? Who knows.

Deplorable Yankee and his ilk gives the rest of us on the right a reputation for being "gun nuts", as well as being bigots. The Democratic Party loves morons like him.
sorry i was writing about dogs can you go check t it it for mistakes

guess what dumb ass
my sister is married to a GREASY PUERTO RICAN and has lil half breed kids

ONE who is in the navy now
my sister had a heart attack he went to ohio state for two years then joined the navy
he did it the right way though.

my brother in law is a second gen ...hes a tall thin tan dork
hes a good man unlike me they're very religious
my sisters mother in law barely speaks English

he like to do things around the house ..not always successfully me and my moms husband (who passed away ) ...did ya Puerto Rican it ?

gimie a break with your cuckiness wet back

Not long ago, I walked to the mailbox, and along my route I saw a Copperhead snake. For those who are uninformed about this particular snake, it is venomous. A healthy adult probably will not die from the bite, providing that they receive medical attention promptly. However, children, and elderly, will find the bite far more deadly. Not to mention pets. Everyone on my street has dogs, and I have cats as well. Additionally my neighbor is in his 80’s, and he would probably find the bite life threatening.

So this snake was a danger to my pets, my neighbors, and the children who live a quarter mile away.

I pulled the pistol I habitually carry, and shot the snake. I was in my yard, in my neighborhood, if you can call it a neighborhood to live in such a rural area. Yet I was armed, because this is not the first wildlife threat I’ve found myself facing. We also have Wild Boar, which are very aggressive and potentially dangerous or deadly. Coyotes are heard from time to time as they roam along the wooded areas that take up a vast majority of the space out here.

I did not go looking for the snake. I did not go out of my way searching for it. I found it on my normal path, walking to the mailbox in my rural area, on my land. In my yard, the area with grass and such.

So why carry a gun? Because if I had to turn around and rush to the house to get the pistol, the snake may have moved, and been difficult, or impossible to locate. Perhaps he would have returned to the woods, where I sometimes walk, to check the property, but never in a hunting frame of mind. That snake might have bitten my dog, my cats, or my neighbors pets. It might have bitten my neighbor, the old man who has his mailbox positioned next to mine. It might have bitten a child. The best you could hope for is an expensive trip to the Emergency Room, sucking your cash out to pay for the care you would need to minimize the danger.

There is much truth in the old saying. It is better to have, and not need, than to need and not have. There are. Probably a dozen more Copperheads within two hundred yards of where I sit. In the woods, or marshy areas. Hunting and living, and just as much of a danger to the neighborhood as the one I shot. I did not break the law. In Georgia, you can kill venomous snakes, but not non venomous snakes. The experts tell you to take two steps back, and run away if you come across one. That is not my way. It leaves the problem for another. It leaves the danger for my 80 year old neighbor, his dog, or the dogs two doors down who meander over to say hello now and then.

It leaves the danger for the children, who ride their bikes up and down the dirt road.

So why do you need to carry a gun? Because there are more dangers than the odd robbery, or attempted murder. Because the world is filled with threats, two legged, four legged, and even no legs at all. With a gun, you have a much better chance of survival than without. With a gun, you do not guarantee survival, but you increase your odds dramatically.

Yes, accidents are going to happen, just as they do with cars and drivers. Yes, people are going to use the gun to criminally harm another. And yes, people who have guns are going to die before they can get the thing into play. I didn’t say it was a miracle answer, I just said it increases your odds of survival. No one can guarantee your safety or protection. The best that they, or I, can do is give you a fighting chance at survival. Be it from a Copperhead, or a Shitheaded thug. If you choose to take no action to protect yourself, that is your choice, and I’ll respect it. But do not try and take that right from others, because I won’t respect that.

Copper head snake? A critter that is slow as hell and just sits there waiting weeks and months for food to walk by, something like this here,

5F6320B2-558B-47E0-B7C5-323DB58864E3.jpeg

That’s a cotton mouth, but pretty much the same thing. Folks keep them as hobby pets. It’s pretty gay to have to brag about shooting one. Matter of fact, 90% of those bitten by them are drunk. I don’t live in a rural area, and I see more poisonous critters in one day like the one above then most people and haven’t had to shoot one. The one in the picture I moved out of my way with a stick.

And the wild bore. Did you know that they sneak into houses and eat children? They also rape white woman and spoil crops. Much legend has been written about wild bore I. America. You have yet to see a true “wild bore” what you are talking about are feral domestic stock that some retard let lose in your area so they can charge dumb fucks like Eric trump $5,000 to come shoot one. Your little pop gun wouldn’t stop one in a charge. It would keep right on running past you. Folks who get hit by hogs are typically screwing around with them and being retarded. I have killed hogs with everything from my truck to an old 98 Mauser chambered in .375H&H, but my .22 and my 35 pound bow have killed the most.
None have ever tried to get me acted I shot them, and in most of those cases I had walked right into the middle of 20 or more hogs. A Glock 17 is stuffed into my back pocket when I walk into woods, not for the little 2 foot snakes and feral domestic pigs, but for the illegal aliens who cook meth and grow dope there, it mostly I pack it Incase I get hurt. If I hear people near by I do a mag dump and holler. They won’t mis that. There is only one time I shot a hog with that Glock. It took 1 9mm 147 grain hollow point to defeat the fabled “gristle shield” and put the monster down for keeps.

Explaining like you do don’t help the cause.

Have you read any of the posts? None of us are looking over our shoulders for "threats". No we are not living that way. Once again you purposely inject a LIE when several posts say they exact opposite. That shows a distinct lack of character.

I wouldn't trust you with either a caulking gun, nor a staple gun, nor a water pistol for that matter. You can't trust yourself so don't think others should. Sad. I wouldn't live that way.

Whatever, hiny-rash. I quoted the OP and responded to IT. With my own comparative observations of what goes on here.

You are being blatantly dishonest, and the fact that you have to resort to a personal attack just reinforces that.

Again you just lied. "Hiny-Rash" is not a personal attack? For the life of me, I could never come up wit that one.
I think that's what results from when one of beto's cows polishes his ass. Why do I carry a gun? Because dem scum do not want to punish criminals. I have been robbed at gun point had two home invasions and attacked by brick throwing scum. Didn't have a gun then. Do now. Where were the police? Who knows.

Never had to get mine out. Have to admit though, I don’t carry allot. I do however pack a knife. See, I’m Scottish. I’m a Scottish wetback anchor baby. No shit. I’m the only one of all of the children borne In the US. We Scott’s are a knify bunch. More so then your average piece of trash from south of the border.

I agree, Crixus. Shooting snakes is lame and unnecessary. Shooting wild hogs, on the other hand, is another matter. They are quite destructive.

I agree, Crixus. Shooting snakes is lame and unnecessary. Shooting wild hogs, on the other hand, is another matter. They are quite destructive.

I will not argue a bit about that. When I lived up in the golden triangle (no that’s not a hooker hangout) I killed many a hog with a Ford F-150. Feral domestic hogs cause a shit ton of damage to the rice crop out there as well as spread disease, not to mention the damage they do to native wild life. I would take a 12 that’s shotgun out and around with me and put as many slugs into as many hogs as I could spot. I was satisfied if I saw buzzards over the area the next day. I shoot that trash and leave it lay. One time I stuck a hog with an arrow. Tagged that thing right under its chin, it ran right past me with the arrow hanging out of its ass. Now, if you want to go after a REAL wild boar California is the place to be. Far as I know, their stock is defended from actually European wild bore.

One should NEVER have to explain why they carry. It’s a RIGHT, PERIOD, the end. I respect everyone opinions. I have my card, I nust don’t feel the need to carry all the time. Mostly because I work for a school district and guns there are a NoNo, bigly. But I do toss the Glock in the glove box most of the time.

Crixus

Some school districts are finally coming around to the idea of allowing some school employees to carry a gun. I suspect that after another 50 school shootings, guns will be allowed in all schools. Then, would-be mass killers will go find another gun-free, soft target to attack.

Never had to get mine out. Have to admit though, I don’t carry allot. I do however pack a knife. See, I’m Scottish. I’m a Scottish wetback anchor baby. No shit. I’m the only one of all of the children borne In the US. We Scott’s are a knify bunch. More so then your average piece of trash from south of the border.
Kilt?

Crixus

Some school districts are finally coming around to the idea of allowing some school employees to carry a gun. I suspect that after another 50 school shootings, guns will be allowed in all schools. Then, would-be mass killers will go find another gun-free, soft target to attack.

Only the cops do at out district. We installed lockers for them to keep weapons in. We also installed gates, still working on it to, but they will be able to shut wings of most schools down from a secure office. Kind of reminds me of prison. But teachers don’t pack. It’s all the cops.

Kilt?

Fuck no, I SAID I’m a fucking American and American men don’t wear skirts.

As I said earlier in this thread, I don't carry my gun when I visit my children's schools. It's illegal to do so.

I've been to school functions where there are HUNDREDS of kids, parents and school officials without a cop in sight. A well-armed person could have come in and easily killed dozens. Disarming law-abiding people is DUMB.

Not long ago, I walked to the mailbox, and along my route I saw a Copperhead snake. For those who are uninformed about this particular snake, it is venomous. A healthy adult probably will not die from the bite, providing that they receive medical attention promptly. However, children, and elderly, will find the bite far more deadly. Not to mention pets. Everyone on my street has dogs, and I have cats as well. Additionally my neighbor is in his 80’s, and he would probably find the bite life threatening.

So this snake was a danger to my pets, my neighbors, and the children who live a quarter mile away.

I pulled the pistol I habitually carry, and shot the snake. I was in my yard, in my neighborhood, if you can call it a neighborhood to live in such a rural area. Yet I was armed, because this is not the first wildlife threat I’ve found myself facing. We also have Wild Boar, which are very aggressive and potentially dangerous or deadly. Coyotes are heard from time to time as they roam along the wooded areas that take up a vast majority of the space out here.

I did not go looking for the snake. I did not go out of my way searching for it. I found it on my normal path, walking to the mailbox in my rural area, on my land. In my yard, the area with grass and such.

So why carry a gun? Because if I had to turn around and rush to the house to get the pistol, the snake may have moved, and been difficult, or impossible to locate. Perhaps he would have returned to the woods, where I sometimes walk, to check the property, but never in a hunting frame of mind. That snake might have bitten my dog, my cats, or my neighbors pets. It might have bitten my neighbor, the old man who has his mailbox positioned next to mine. It might have bitten a child. The best you could hope for is an expensive trip to the Emergency Room, sucking your cash out to pay for the care you would need to minimize the danger.

There is much truth in the old saying. It is better to have, and not need, than to need and not have. There are. Probably a dozen more Copperheads within two hundred yards of where I sit. In the woods, or marshy areas. Hunting and living, and just as much of a danger to the neighborhood as the one I shot. I did not break the law. In Georgia, you can kill venomous snakes, but not non venomous snakes. The experts tell you to take two steps back, and run away if you come across one. That is not my way. It leaves the problem for another. It leaves the danger for my 80 year old neighbor, his dog, or the dogs two doors down who meander over to say hello now and then.

It leaves the danger for the children, who ride their bikes up and down the dirt road.

So why do you need to carry a gun? Because there are more dangers than the odd robbery, or attempted murder. Because the world is filled with threats, two legged, four legged, and even no legs at all. With a gun, you have a much better chance of survival than without. With a gun, you do not guarantee survival, but you increase your odds dramatically.

Yes, accidents are going to happen, just as they do with cars and drivers. Yes, people are going to use the gun to criminally harm another. And yes, people who have guns are going to die before they can get the thing into play. I didn’t say it was a miracle answer, I just said it increases your odds of survival. No one can guarantee your safety or protection. The best that they, or I, can do is give you a fighting chance at survival. Be it from a Copperhead, or a Shitheaded thug. If you choose to take no action to protect yourself, that is your choice, and I’ll respect it. But do not try and take that right from others, because I won’t respect that.

I live in a similar area. We have snakes here but not Copperheads, innocuous ones. We do have black bear and can often hear coyotes yipping, quite close. I hear tell there's mountain lion.

The only guns I have or wish to have are staple guns and caulking guns. Ones for purposes of construction, not destruction. I just can't go through life looking over my shoulder for "threats" --- wouldn't ever want to live that way. If I ever felt I "needed" to walk around packing, that would seem the time to turn it on myself because what's the point.
But you can understand why people have guns.. are you swear of American history? Your post was selfish

Umm...yyyyyyeah I am "swear of American history" whatever the fuck that means. Have another snort of Drano.
You will never take out guns. Deal with it

6ED7983D-EC26-4829-BC81-3508C821828B.jpeg

I live in a similar area. We have snakes here but not Copperheads, innocuous ones. We do have black bear and can often hear coyotes yipping, quite close. I hear tell there's mountain lion.

The only guns I have or wish to have are staple guns and caulking guns. Ones for purposes of construction, not destruction. I just can't go through life looking over my shoulder for "threats" --- wouldn't ever want to live that way. If I ever felt I "needed" to walk around packing, that would seem the time to turn it on myself because what's the point.
But you can understand why people have guns.. are you swear of American history? Your post was selfish

Umm...yyyyyyeah I am "swear of American history" whatever the fuck that means. Have another snort of Drano.

Forum List

Back