Why do you need to carry a gun?

This is how ridiculous you toters are.

You can't admit that a person carrying a loaded weapon in public poses a risk.

Either you are lying (again).

Or you are so fucking stupid that you don't think a loaded gun is a potential hazard if it is mishandled. In which case you have no respect for the gun & should not be handling it.

Carrying a gun poses no risk. Shooting a gun does.

I spend all day on the road. If I had the legal authority to do so, I could take at least 50 drivers off the road each day. You'd be amazed at the stupidest shit people do around a semi while driving. Over 34,000 vehicle deaths occur every year in the US; mostly because of people mishandling their vehicle. Should we start taking drivers licenses away because of that? After all, there were only a little over 500 deaths a year from accidental gun discharges.

See, you ;rove my point.

You think there us no risk for you to carry a loaded gun. Because you are just fucking perfect. You could never mishandle it, drop it, leave it where you shouldn't.
cealed
Funny chit because I read about accidental shootings all the time.

Most accidental shootings take place in the home or other private setting, not out in the street by licensed carriers.

500 some accidental deaths a year is no reason do disarm a country of 330 million people. You have a much better chance at hitting the lottery than being a victim of an accidental shooting by a CCW holder.

It's a cheap excuse you on the left use to try and disarm America. You would rather see tens of thousands die every year as victims of criminal attack than the 500 accidental discharges. This is why everybody should vote Republican; because Democrats just don't have any common sense.

Let's just be clear on these numbers. The Violence Policy Center - which has been proven to have fraudulently inflated these numbers - reports 300 shootings a year in the US by CCW holders.

The Department of Justice, meanwhile, reports that there are 321,500 sexual assaults a year in this country.

300 versus 321,500. Which one is the REAL danger we should be worried about?

Maybe more of those 321.500 victims should be carrying a firearm.

Exactly!

If I have to make a choice about what's going to make my life safer, I'm obviously going to prioritize prevention of sexual assault over worrying about the possibility of an accidental shooting, because those statistics tell me the first is a far more imminent danger than the second.

Kinda like I spend more thought and effort on the possibility of a car accident than I do on the possibility of getting hit by lightning.

Or you are so fucking stupid that you don't think a loaded gun is a potential hazard if it is mishandled. In which case you have no respect for the gun & should not be handling it.

I spend all day on the road. If I had the legal authority to do so, I could take at least 50 drivers off the road each day. You'd be amazed at the stupidest shit people do around a semi while driving. Over 34,000 vehicle deaths occur every year in the US; mostly because of people mishandling their vehicle. Should we start taking drivers licenses away because of that? After all, there were only a little over 500 deaths a year from accidental gun discharges.

See, you ;rove my point.

You think there us no risk for you to carry a loaded gun. Because you are just fucking perfect. You could never mishandle it, drop it, leave it where you shouldn't.
cealed

Most accidental shootings take place in the home or other private setting, not out in the street by licensed carriers.

500 some accidental deaths a year is no reason do disarm a country of 330 million people. You have a much better chance at hitting the lottery than being a victim of an accidental shooting by a CCW holder.

It's a cheap excuse you on the left use to try and disarm America. You would rather see tens of thousands die every year as victims of criminal attack than the 500 accidental discharges. This is why everybody should vote Republican; because Democrats just don't have any common sense.

Let's just be clear on these numbers. The Violence Policy Center - which has been proven to have fraudulently inflated these numbers - reports 300 shootings a year in the US by CCW holders.

The Department of Justice, meanwhile, reports that there are 321,500 sexual assaults a year in this country.

300 versus 321,500. Which one is the REAL danger we should be worried about?

I doubt if Dave has to worry about being sexually assaulted. :auiqs.jpg:

I pose zero threat to any of my neighbors.
OK I gert it.

If You & I are walking in a crowded park. Me unarmed, you toting a loaded weapon. Which one of us poses a higher risk of getting someone injured or killed by a weapon we are carrying?

My risk is zero. If you claim yours is zero then you are just a liar.

More to the point:

I am anywhere at all while armed. You are anywhere at all while unarmed. Which one of us is at a higher risk of becoming a crime statistic?

And then the most important point:

Your hypothetical and my hypothetical. Which one is actually more likely to be real and relevant?

I bet the risk is worse on you because you would try to defend yourself & get shot.

I have never been in any situation where I was the victim of any crime that being armed would have prevented. The risk that you would harm yourself, like shoot yourself in the foot, is likely higher that that gun saving you from any crime.

How nice for you.......please...tell the 1.1 million Americans who aren't you, who actually had to use their legal guns to save lives how wrong they were because they didn't need the gun to stop the rape, robbery, murder or kidnapping they were experiencing....it was all just their imagination...

I doubt your stats. Do they include law enforcement, over what time span?

From the Centers for Disease Control research...

What Do CDC's Surveys Say About the Frequency of Defensive Gun Uses? by Gary Kleck :: SSRN

Abstract
In 1996, 1997, and 1998, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted large-scale surveys asking about defensive gun use (DGU) in four to seven states. Analysis of the raw data allows the estimation of the prevalence of DGU for those areas. Data pertaining to the same sets of states from the 1993 National Self-Defense Survey (Kleck and Gertz 1995) allow these results to be extrapolated to the U.S. as a whole. CDC’s survey data confirm previous high estimates of DGU prevalence, disconfirm estimates derived from the National Crime Victimization Survey, and indicate that defensive uses of guns by crime victims are far more common than offensive uses by criminals. CDC has never reported these results.

=========

Reason article on the revised paper..

A Second Look at a Controversial Study About Defensive Gun Use

And the rest of the research....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

See, you ;rove my point.

Also, you will find that the majority of those accidents happen in the homes of criminals, who have guns accessible because of their criminal behavior, they likely also have addiction and alcohol problems that contribute to the accidents....

I carry a gun to compensate for my horribly tiny penis.

own guns.jpeg

The anti-gun loons keep telling us gun-related crime is SO bad, we need to further limit the rights of the law abiding.
If gun-related crime is indeed that bad, you;'re a fool to NOT carry a gun.

Forum List

Back