Why do you like Bush ?

Spillmind, I am only dealing with your assertion that Bush was "apathatic" in his desicion to send troops into war. Such a statement is absurd.

Originally posted by spillmind
then, how do you explain how bush sr. was grounded, while these people were allowed to leave? most without questioning?

while disputing that the WH ordered the flights, or clarke himself ordered the flights, they WERE CLEARED, and it was for a very important reason. however, you think it's more important to battle about who ordered them, rather than the seriousness of the matter? :confused: i don't want to imply that your priorities are out of whack.... but.....

You don't know what you are talking about. Per Clarke, Moore lied. Period. Who cares what YOU think. Clarke said your point of view is based on a lie. End of story.

You don't know what you are talking about. Per Clarke, Moore lied. Period. Who cares what YOU think. Clarke said your point of view is based on a lie. End of story.
i don't lose sleep if you don't care what i think. this is in HIS OWN WORDS. you cannot deny that.

read the link:

“Now, what I recall is that I asked for flight manifests of everyone on board and all of those names need to be directly and individually vetted by the FBI before they were allowed to leave the country. And I also wanted the FBI to sign off even on the concept of Saudis being allowed to leave the country. And as I recall, all of that was done. It is true that members of the Bin Laden family were among those who left. We knew that at the time. I can't say much more in open session, but it was a conscious decision with complete review at the highest levels of the State Department and the FBI and the White House.” Testimony of Richard Clarke, Former Counterterrorism Chief, National Security Council, before The Senate Judiciary Committee, September 3, 2003.

It turns out that President Bush and other top members of his administration had nothing to do with the decision to let members of Osama bin Laden's family depart the United States in the days immediately after 9/11, despite the suggestions of Democratic Senators Barbara Boxer of California and Charles Schumer of New York.

Clarke, the former White House counter-terrorism official and author of a recent book blasting the Bush administration's handling of intelligence leading up to the terrorist attacks, told The Hill newspaper last week that he gave the go-ahead for two members of the bin Laden family and other Saudi nationals to leave the U.S.

"It didn't get any higher than me," Clarke told The Hill . "I take responsibility for it. I don't think it was a mistake, and I'd do it again."
link

Was that in Moore's film?

i don't lose sleep if you don't care what i think. this is in HIS OWN WORDS. you cannot deny that.

read the link:

“Now, what I recall is that I asked for flight manifests of everyone on board and all of those names need to be directly and individually vetted by the FBI before they were allowed to leave the country. And I also wanted the FBI to sign off even on the concept of Saudis being allowed to leave the country. And as I recall, all of that was done. It is true that members of the Bin Laden family were among those who left. We knew that at the time. I can't say much more in open session, but it was a conscious decision with complete review at the highest levels of the State Department and the FBI and the White House.” Testimony of Richard Clarke, Former Counterterrorism Chief, National Security Council, before The Senate Judiciary Committee, September 3, 2003.

And your point is??

And your point is??
are you blind? would you ride a horse backwards to prove a point?

I can't say much more in open session, but it was a conscious decision with complete review at the highest levels of the State Department and the FBI and the White House

It turns out that President Bush and other top members of his administration had nothing to do with the decision to let members of Osama bin Laden's family depart the United States in the days immediately after 9/11, despite the suggestions of Democratic Senators Barbara Boxer of California and Charles Schumer of New York.
i think clarke knows what he is talking about more than some out of context bais independant news source.

you people are STILL missing the bigger picture, and the more important point.

are you blind? would you ride a horse backwards to prove a point?

I can't say much more in open session, but it was a conscious decision with complete review at the highest levels of the State Department and the FBI and the White House

i think clarke knows what he is talking about more than some out of context bais independant news source.

you people are STILL missing the bigger picture, and the more important point.

And your point is??

....is MUCH MUCH DIFFERENT THAN:

that's a spin if i ever saw one, and simple propaganda.

Same as you, learned from the self-appointed 'master'

Originally posted by Sir Evil
I voted for Bush because he handles issues that are important to me better than Clinton did. If he didn't, I would vote for someone else who I thought would. I don't think Kerry can or would do any better so Bush will get my vote again. My goal isn't to like my president. My goal is to vote for the one who I think can do a better job at being one.

So what Bush does around in the rest of the world doesn't concerne you at all as long as he can provide for YOUR needs as good as he can? If this is truly what you mean (not saying it is, but at least I'm not too far from the truth here) I can say I understand the growing "hate" against USA. I've never hated USA as a country, nor the people, but I have ALWAYS since WWII hated your foreign policy. And I don't give a **** that USA practically "saved" us during WWII... just because you helped us out once, doesn't mean we should go along with everything you feel like doing.

About my last post and the civil war thing, that was trying to mention something that John Titor (wich is 99.9% bullshit) posted on some forums a couple of years ago.

And just to mention Iraq. Bush seem to be "Soooo" proud that he got rid of an evil dictator. What if countries should declare war and try and invade USA because THEY think of Bush as a lying son-of-a-b***h? Now, I bet you wouldn't be too happy about that!

(soory for the lack of seriousness in my posts, but as long as alot of people here come with lame replies instead of quoting me and providing facts that I am wrong, I can't be bothered to be serious. And for once... try and vies the world from a different pair of eyes than the american ones, ayeh?

Rage against the Machine - No shelter!

Originally posted by spilmind
if bush wins, it will be a truly sad day for america.

America? It would most probably be the sadest day the world has known in decades.

PS! MM does not LIE in his movies, if he do, he would have been sued ages ago... He just doesn't tell the entire truth, and that is not lying. On the other hand, Bush is a liar.

Now Plaing: Bill Hicks - The Elephant is dead (Bush)

Originally posted by Sakiris
So what Bush does around in the rest of the world doesn't concerne you at all as long as he can provide for YOUR needs as good as he can? If this is truly what you mean (not saying it is, but at least I'm not too far from the truth here) I can say I understand the growing "hate" against USA. I've never hated USA as a country, nor the people, but I have ALWAYS since WWII hated your foreign policy. And I don't give a **** that USA practically "saved" us during WWII... just because you helped us out once, doesn't mean we should go along with everything you feel like doing.

About my last post and the civil war thing, that was trying to mention something that John Titor (wich is 99.9% bullshit) posted on some forums a couple of years ago.

And just to mention Iraq. Bush seem to be "Soooo" proud that he got rid of an evil dictator. What if countries should declare war and try and invade USA because THEY think of Bush as a lying son-of-a-b***h? Now, I bet you wouldn't be too happy about that!

(soory for the lack of seriousness in my posts, but as long as alot of people here come with lame replies instead of quoting me and providing facts that I am wrong, I can't be bothered to be serious. And for once... try and vies the world from a different pair of eyes than the american ones, ayeh?

Rage against the Machine - No shelter!

America? It would most probably be the sadest day the world has known in decades.

PS! MM does not LIE in his movies, if he do, he would have been sued ages ago... He just doesn't tell the entire truth, and that is not lying. On the other hand, Bush is a liar.

Now Plaing: Bill Hicks - The Elephant is dead (Bush)

Hell ya !---It's MY quote and I want credit ! I never said I'm not concerned about what Bush does in the rest of the world at all and not implying that as long as he takes care of me only me that I'm OK with it. Did you purposely misunderstand me just to bash me?
Have we had only 1 foreign policy since WWII ? Please tell me what it is that you hate about it? I think you will find that it has changed from administration to administration . I have not agreed with them all and don't agree with Bush all the time.

It appears a though your hatred for Bush lies deeper than his foreign policy but if he is re-elected it is because AMERICANS like his policies more than they like Kerrys. Shouldnt the Dems get some of the blame for not having a candidate that is better than the "evil" Bush.
Do Norwegians vote for someone who will insure that they are liked by the whole world?

PS---Why can't mm tell the WHOLE truth? Because the libs don't want to hear the whole truth and if he had his "film" would have flopped.

Originally posted by Sakiris

typical liberal - I will translate the above for you:

"I know that everything I have said is a dribble of shit that I heard some really cool looking people talking about so I thought I would repeat it hear. I like to think I am so superior in the thought processess that by my charm alone, I could save the world. But alas since I know not the truth, nor do I care about it, I expect you to reply with something that agrees with me so that I will feel better about myself. If you do not and you post facts that dispute me, I will simply dismiss YOU as the simpleton in the conversation as this will assuage my feelings.

toodaloo! :gay:

Same as you, learned from the self-appointed 'master'
please don't teach our children your version of your untrue, spun, propaganda. they are our future, and should be able to decide foir themselves.

it makes me wonder how many 'good chrisitian' teachers, mentors are totally distorting the truth, to support bush. :(

please don't teach our children your version of your untrue, spun, propaganda. they are our future, and should be able to decide foir themselves.

it makes me wonder how many 'good chrisitian' teachers, mentors are totally distorting the truth, to support bush. :(

Dear Silly Spilly. You'd have to go pretty far to see me as 'Christian teacher.' Also to find a bias in my teaching. You are projecting what you might do in my position.

It appears a though your hatred for Bush lies deeper than his foreign policy but if he is re-elected it is because AMERICANS like his policies more than they like Kerrys.

what a load. try hanging out in a more intellectual, more diverse setting, and you'll find a stark comparison to your misconception.

BTW, i've got a burned copy of F9/11, or i'll pay your way with popcorn and sodie pop, so you can go and see it. or just read the bibliography i posted on this thread, and get clued in, if that's what you REALLY WANT.

Dear Silly Spilly. You'd have to go pretty far to see me as 'Christian teacher.' Also to find a bias in my teaching. You are projecting what you might do in my position

you just contradicted yourself. do you teach this SPIN to your children or not? you just said you aren't bias, but turned around and said i would do the same thing? :confused: i'm not following.

you just contradicted yourself. do you teach this SPIN to your children or not? you just said you aren't bias, but turned around and said i would do the same thing? :confused: i'm not following.

No dear, what I said was you were projecting what you might do in my position. NOT what I actually do.

I'm a conservative person, in many areas even more of a libertarian if you bothered to read a bit of my posts, but so much easier to just lump everyone together I suppose.

I teach in a conservative area in Illinois, rare though that is. Since my students are jr. high, they need to be exposed to the other sides point of view, which I work hard at presenting. Then we 'argue' it out. Lots of role playing and debates.

Forum List

Back