Why Do You Hate?

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
http://soitgoes.typepad.com/so_it_goes/2009/07/the-good-news.html

Great Points!

FIRST THE BAD NEWS: they're still out there, those crazy-ass guys who believe the Holocaust never happened, that Jews control the world, non-whites are genetically deficient, homosexuals are emissaries of the devil, all Muslims are terrorists, etcetera, etcetera. According to the watchdog group Southern Poverty Law Center, the numbers of hate groups are growing, up by 54 percent between 2000 and 2008.

There are people/things I don't understand, don't agree with or don't like, but hate? Nah.

Hatred takes so much from the person doing the hating. It sucks your life away. Not worth it, IMO. At least I've not found anybody/anything worth it so far.

I hate my ex-wife for reasons that I won't go into here so I think some hate is justified. In this case, the hate is truly justified. She turned into a very bad person and hurt a lot of people, including me. It's an odd thing because once she was a very nice person - now, the devil incarnate! Wonder if being married to me caused that???:lol:

There are people/things I don't understand, don't agree with or don't like, but hate? Nah.

Hatred takes so much from the person doing the hating. It sucks your life away. Not worth it, IMO. At least I've not found anybody/anything worth it so far.

You rang ? :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4mEgZMxsWA]YouTube - The Offspring - Cool to Hate[/ame]

I think there are 2 kinds of hate. There's the personal kind that BBD feels for his ex-wife or I feel for my abusive, drunk step-father. That kind of hate is the kind spoken of in old sayings like the "thin line between love and hate" saying. The hate I felt as a kid for my stepfather was deeply personal. I wanted to kill him with my bare hands in the worst most painful way and I've never felt that way about anyone else. It was a terrible feeling and I don't like feeling that way.

Then there is this general sort of hatred, which may or may not really qualify as hatred, as though a group has done something that personally effects you. Its like if I hated Congress because of the Patriot Act even though some of the members that voted for it 8 years ago aren't currently members of Congress any longer and it hasn't really affected me personally but I wanted to destroy Congress anyway. I think there has to be some sort of malfunction or malformed ability in people who are in these groups.

Forum List

Back