CDZ Why do you eat pork if it is forbidden in the Bible?

Muslims are not supposed to eat pork, and I know Jews aren't either...but recently I found out from one of my friends that according to the bible, christians are not allowed to eat pork (I think he mentioned Deuteronomy or something). Is there something that we both misunderstand or are just missing in general?
Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

Because they only adhere to a literal interpretation of the Bible when it suits them.
No.....The Old Testament stated that eating pork was an unclean practice. That was before refrigeration.

Do you want me to explain the process????

I do not even know how to say "unclean" in Hebrew. to what word are you referring?------the words used in the OT are better translated as -----"unfit for eating" and other stuff that comes out as "unclean" in English translation are
better translated as "not suitable for use" That "unclean" thing is a vague---allusion to the idea of being ----"no good for jews" to eat or use. It actually does not suggest one would get infected from it. or die. or get sick.

Well, you're wrong. It's not because of some mystical evil in pork. After all, every plant and animal was put on this Earth for our use according to Genesis.

Btw, If you can point out what exactly is unsuitable about porkcops...feel free.
Genesis is OK because fundamentalist Christians like to pick and choose which parts of the Bible are most convenient for them.

Forum List

Back