Why do you come to USMB?

I come here (and other sites like it) because I feel I can get a better idea of what people really thing as opposed to reading a biased newspaper or watching the "News" from one of the media outlets that feels it has to tell me what I have to believe.

Here I can read arguments from both sides and make up my own mind.

Of course, I do have to weave my way through a lot of mindless dribble to find those arguments, but it is still better then Air America or Fox News or anything in between.

Immie

Last edited:
The child is the one leveling baseless accusations, who cannot read, and who sought to attack only to be shown a fool.

You have never had anything meaningful or remotely intelligent or well thought-out to add to any discussion I have ever seen you (dis)grace with your presence.

I don't think a better description of BJ exists.

Retards always accuse others of their own faults...

A friend offered the link and I had burnout at Hannity. Changed and not for the better. Bland boards are a bore. PC boards are a bore. Over moderated boards are a bore.

See lots of names I know but many I do not which is nice.

Those are good reasons. :lol:

It is nice not having too much restriction on views and opinions.

You know what is odd too KittenKoder. I am not a trouble maker. Feel no need to curse or be disruptive on a message board but I simply hate a board that treats grown ups like 5 year olds. Yeah all boards have their jerks and pot stirrers but sometimes over moderation only takes small issues and makes them worse. In my opinion. Politics is not for sissies, If you get offended too easily I always say go find the needlepoint message boards. :lol:

I think we were a better country when we were not so damn sensitive and wussified. I love a good debate and a strong and honest opposition.

I come here (and other sites like it) because I feel I can get a better idea of what people really thing as opposed to reading a biased newspaper or watching the "News" from one of the media outlets that feels it has to tell me what I have to believe.

Of course, I do have to weave my way through a lot of mindless dribble to find those arguments, but it is still better then Air America or Fox News or anything in between.

Immie

the sad part is that you have just confesed to being part of the mass movement of the new ignorati.

there are more than both sides to stories here...stories done on the news/media.

ignore the MSM at the peril of your mind. if you are unable to read/view/listen to news without critical faculties than shame on you. you live in one of the best nations on earth and ignorance is a way of life for many here.

Immie

Does anyone else find this sort of scary?

Dude, you want the real story, you have to go out and find it yourself. You can't count on second and third hand accounts.

I can't remember how I initially came here...I had a different name then, was here for a while, then my account aged out or something, then I re-upped.

I've stayed because they do observe freedom of speech, when they don't have to. It's fun.

Immie

the sad part is that you have just confesed to being part of the mass movement of the new ignorati.

there are more than both sides to stories here...stories done on the news/media.

ignore the MSM at the peril of your mind. if you are unable to read/view/listen to news without critical faculties than shame on you. you live in one of the best nations on earth and ignorance is a way of life for many here.

I didn't say I ignore it.

I simply find it disgustingly slanted no matter who your watching and very little of it informational.

What I find interesting here, and why I come here, is that I can see what real people think of the issues, not what some corporate blowhard writes for profit, ratings and Purlitzers.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

I simply find it disgustingly slanted no matter who your watching and very little of it informational.

What I find interesting here, and why I come here, is that I can see what real people think of the issues, not what some corporate blowhard writes for profit, ratings and Purlitzers.

Immie

You have to widen your search, not narrow it. Dismiss the editorializing and focus on the actual people and events making the news.

Immie

methinks maybe you are confusing news with commentary?

if you think the people here are real or representative of the general public, than get inline for a lobotomy.

Immie

You have to widen your search, not narrow it. Dismiss the editorializing and focus on the actual people and events making the news.

ditto

I come here (and other sites like it) because I feel I can get a better idea of what people really thin[k] as opposed to reading a biased newspaper or watching the "News" from one of the media outlets that feels it has to tell me what I have to believe.

Immie

Dude, you want the real story, you have to go out and find it yourself. You can't count on second and third hand accounts.

Allie, dear, the important part of why I come here is bolded and colored. I come here to see what other people think. Yes, I did fix my typo there too.

It is not that I ignore the media, I just find all of it to be full of lies and bull shit.

When I come here, I can read what you think of a subject and typically, I agree with it. And then I can read what Sweet Willy has to say and I can go, "WTF?" But, I do get an idea of how others see what is going on around us.

I've made up my mind, but that doesn't mean I'm close-minded to other people's points of view.

Immie

Why do you come to USMB?

I got tired of being an admin on my own board. It's nice to be a member and not have to enforce rules.

one question: why in the world did you feel the n-e-e-d to enforce the rules? gawd, people are dumb sometimes.

Sometimes if you're using a host, you are obligated to enforce their rules.

I had my own message board a long time ago, it was a hoot. I created it when I was fighting with animal rights retards and Acme had an animal message board. I used the message board to hold court. And also so I could do whatever the hell I wanted with their idiotic posts, it was hilarious.

Oh, the good old days of the internet.

That site shut down because there were a couple of lunatics (and I mean certifiable) who kept "reporting" posters, and I don't mean to the admin. I mean calling the cops, the FBI, various and assorted agencies. Finally Acme just got fed up and shut it down. It's sad, I miss it. Lots of serious fighting. And some of those people were SERIOUS about it. Not like here, where, for the most part, I think posters one and all appreciate the fact that it's not personal. Or maybe people are just used to the internet now. There were also hackers on that site, kinda freaky.

Immie

While I do read lots of news, I agree with Immie. There's an immediacy to the boards that's often missing in regular news. I often see something posted, wouldn't 'use it' or rely on it in any way, but it often allows me to 'search news' for the newest info.

Then there are the differing pov's on items of interest. I really do like to 'hear' the real folks that a Krugman or Krauthammer might be 'responding to.' Both sides with many in the middle, are on here.

Immie

methinks maybe you are confusing news with commentary?

if you think the people here are real or representative of the general public, than get inline for a lobotomy.

I think most people who post here, post what they believe. Granted there are trolls... you for instance... but they are pretty easy to ignore. But when you get down to the discussions such as the one going on now about the Healthcare Bill, people tend to speak their mind and I believe honestly.

As for "confusing news with commentary" is there really any "news" anymore or is it all commentary?

Immie

I come here (and other sites like it) because I feel I can get a better idea of what people really thin[k] as opposed to reading a biased newspaper or watching the "News" from one of the media outlets that feels it has to tell me what I have to believe.

Immie

Allie, dear, the important part of why I come here is bolded and colored. I come here to see what other people think. Yes, I did fix my typo there too.

It is not that I ignore the media, I just find all of it to be full of lies and bull shit.

When I come here, I can read what you think of a subject and typically, I agree with it. And then I can read what Sweet Willy has to say and I can go, "WTF?" But, I do get an idea of how others see what is going on around us.

I've made up my mind, but that doesn't mean I'm close-minded to other people's points of view.

Immie

All of the media isn't full of lies and bullshit. However, I still find it harrowing (though I know it to be true) that there are people who will bypass first hand information entirely, and go straight to rumor and conjecture, and think they're getting a more accurate view that way.

I find the media to be singularly biased as well, but I still seek out news, and then go with it and look further into the issues that I think are important.

Forum List

Back