Why Do Women Wear Makeup?

Too much make up is a bad and ugly looking thing, but a light amount, used especially to accent, and or cover flaws (and we all see our own flaws whether others do or not), is good, and also helps teach one to take care of their skin.
Kat, the number one reason most young girls turn to makeup, is to cover up pimples.....little do they know, that makeup will make it worse....but its a learning event all young girls must go through.

Too much make up is a bad and ugly looking thing, but a light amount, used especially to accent, and or cover flaws (and we all see our own flaws whether others do or not), is good, and also helps teach one to take care of their skin.
I'm worried about them messing up their skin if they over do it. I've seen women that have to wear makeup because they have screwed up their skin. I guess I am going to have to trust they are like their mother and wont over do it.

That sounds like a good idea there. Using the correct things will only improve your skin, not mess it up. They will still be beauties..maybe more so. :)

Kat, the number one reason most young girls turn to makeup, is to cover up pimples.....little do they know, that makeup will make it worse....but its a learning event all young girls must go through.

Now that's probably true. I think there are many products out there that help with pimples now days.

Ladies help me out here. My daughters are absolute beauties but they say they have to wear makeup. Their mom has the same natural beauty and says that a little make up doesnt hurt anything. I'm resigned to losing this battle but I just cant figure it out. Whats the big deal with makeup?
History of cosmetics - Wikipedia

Looks like this was yet another fashion created by hookers.

Now that's probably true. I think there are many products out there that help with pimples now days.
Yes and no, makeup that produce pimple fighting agents is usually very expensive and I don't think a lot of kids would pay that much for makeup. But I do agree with your assesments.

Ladies help me out here. My daughters are absolute beauties but they say they have to wear makeup. Their mom has the same natural beauty and says that a little make up doesnt hurt anything. I'm resigned to losing this battle but I just cant figure it out. Whats the big deal with makeup?

Doubt that. Women have been wearing makeup since long before recorded history.

Makeup is a big waste of time putting it on and taking it off, plus it runs.

Doubt all you want.

I gave you a citation.

Read.

Doubt all you want.

I gave you a citation.

Read.
I did read. Like you, the citation was ignorant. Makeup has been used since long before hookers existed.

Makeup is a big waste of time putting it on and taking it off, plus it runs.

Runs?? I have never had a drop to run. You must be using the wrong kind. :lol:

Well, there's makeup and then there's MAKEUP.

The bride is an attractive woman who wears very little, a little something around the eyes and lipstick is about it.

But then there are women who just cake the stuff on with, I guess, the feeling that it makes them look a lot better than they do without it. Seems to me they get addicted to their 'improved' looks so just keep troweling layers of the stuff on and look more ridiculous to me than anything else.

I don't wear makeup.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I will say this though. I have always liked seeing the baseball players who have that black stuff underneath their eyes to where I wish that I could have some underneath my eyes too. :) :) :)

For some females it is war paint. For most female it is just fun or makes them feel better. Make-up can make a person look like night and day.

If you're into some kind of hobby then you might understand the fun part of putting on make-up. It's like building a model train set but with your face.

I asked the same question to my............ You are already very pretty......... Why do you still wear makeup?
It give them more confidence, feeling better, prettier and attention. There’s nothing wrong with that.

Forum List

Back