Why Do Women Wear Makeup?

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Ladies help me out here. My daughters are absolute beauties but they say they have to wear makeup. Their mom has the same natural beauty and says that a little make up doesnt hurt anything. I'm resigned to losing this battle but I just cant figure it out. Whats the big deal with makeup?

Seriously though, I don't understand it either. I've learned to just not question it and just accept it.

At the risk of sounding prideful, my other half is abslutely stunning. She's a knockout. She has a natural beauty that makes a man melt. She sure makes me melt. But she's been a magazine model many times over when she was living in LA so I just accept that she knows what she's talking about. Probably just little things that we as men never really look at or notice probably annoys them greatly so they try to hide what they view as a flaw of some sort. I dunno.

Good luck with it. Probably tougher for you seeing as they're your daughters.

I'll say this, though. A lot of girls these days really mess up their eyebrows once they start tinkering around. They sometimes end up looking like muppets if they're not careful.

So keep an eye out for that. Because, you know, accidents happen.

It's fun.
Can you elaborate on that? Looks more like a chore to me.

Most of the time I don't wear makeup, but when I do sometimes it makes my eyes pop, or lips stand out, it's like art. It enhances facial features. A good makeup day is fun, it's like dressing up.
I remember letting them put makeup on my face when they were little girls. I guess I can understand the fun part for them.

It's fun.
Can you elaborate on that? Looks more like a chore to me.

Most of the time I don't wear makeup, but when I do sometimes it makes my eyes pop, or lips stand out, it's like art. It enhances facial features. A good makeup day is fun, it's like dressing up.
I remember letting them put makeup on my face when they were little girls. I guess I can understand the fun part for them.

That's so sweet :)

It is so the girls can look extra cute for the selfies they post everywhere. I agree with Natural Citizen that the girls feel a lot of competitive pressure from other girls ESPECIALLY if they are cute. I don't have girls but I see it in my nieces. It is sad because all the focus on appearance takes away from studies or sports or robotics teams or 4H or a multitude of positive activities.

It is so the girls can look extra cute for the selfies they post everywhere. I agree with Natural Citizen that the girls feel a lot of competitive pressure from other girls ESPECIALLY if they are cute. I don't have girls but I see it in my nieces. It is sad because all the focus on appearance takes away from studies or sports or robotics teams or 4H or a multitude of positive activities.
Yeah I was talking to my youngest yesterday about how she used to be my road dog. Now I have to wait 30 mins for them to get ready to go somewhere.

Too much make up is a bad and ugly looking thing, but a light amount, used especially to accent, and or cover flaws (and we all see our own flaws whether others do or not), is good, and also helps teach one to take care of their skin.

Ace, there is a right of massage that all young people must go through in order to stream line into adulthood. My boys started shaving before the first hair showed up and my girls, like most young beauties, wanted to spend all their time and energy on make up parties with their friends. Today, as adults, my girls are so busy raising their families and working, lip gloss is the choice of the day and my boys have full beards (smile).

Let em enjoy themselves, there's a world of judges just waiting to cast their opinions on everybody about everything....let them for now believe that a little lip stick, eye color and foundation will give them an edge when those days come.

And Ace, never stop telling your daughters their beautiful!!

Too much make up is a bad and ugly looking thing, but a light amount, used especially to accent, and or cover flaws (and we all see our own flaws whether others do or not), is good, and also helps teach one to take care of their skin.
I'm worried about them messing up their skin if they over do it. I've seen women that have to wear makeup because they have screwed up their skin. I guess I am going to have to trust they are like their mother and wont over do it.

Forum List

Back