Why do women keep talking about EQUAL PAY????

Link to what? I’m asking about a hypothetical. You having a tough time following?
So you're saying she isn't really doing the same workload as a man to make the same money as a man, you're just pretending she does?
I asked what you would think and do if A women had the same skills and did the same tasks as a man in the same position but she was paid less. It’s not a very complicated question.
Why would I do anything? I work for my money, I negotiated what they paid me. What they pay her is on her. BTW women in my company make the same pay for the same job. Nothing I did to make it happen. not my place to make it happen.
Got ya. Look out for ol number one and let everybody else fend for themselves. Whatever floats your boat

I don't think no one should get equal nothing. Pay should be determined by skill and background. If a woman has the skills to do a certain job then she should be paid more than a guy who has less skills and vice versa

That's all
What would you say if a woman with equal skills and equal contributions is getting paid less than a man who is doing the same job?

That she deserves to be paid for her skills. Not equal. Equal shit sounds retarded
Fair point but how is it determined what is fair pay for her skills?
Everybody has a value. A sports player has a value to their team that isn't necessarily the same as one of their teammates. Same thing with acting. Or singing. Or bridge building. Everything. Your pay is based on the amount of revenue your labor earns the company. It gets harder to determine outside of the entertainment and sports industry but simply going off of just the skill level, education level, etc isn't a proper way to determine it. Two employees can have the exact same qualifications but one is a much harder and more diligent worker and therefore their effort earns the company more money. Why should someone who doesn't try as hard as me make the same as me? And what does any of this even have to do with gender?
Well I do agree with your last statement. Gender should have nothing to do with it. But my original question was regarding a man and woman where all factors are equal but the man was getting paid more than the woman. Where do you stand on that?

I don't think no one should get equal nothing. Pay should be determined by skill and background. If a woman has the skills to do a certain job then she should be paid more than a guy who has less skills and vice versa

That's all
What would you say if a woman with equal skills and equal contributions is getting paid less than a man who is doing the same job?

That she deserves to be paid for her skills. Not equal. Equal shit sounds retarded
Everybody has a value. A sports player has a value to their team that isn't necessarily the same as one of their teammates. Same thing with acting. Or singing. Or bridge building. Everything. Your pay is based on the amount of revenue your labor earns the company. It gets harder to determine outside of the entertainment and sports industry but simply going off of just the skill level, education level, etc isn't a proper way to determine it. Two employees can have the exact same qualifications but one is a much harder and more diligent worker and therefore their effort earns the company more money. Why should someone who doesn't try as hard as me make the same as me? And what does any of this even have to do with gender?
Well I do agree with your last statement. Gender should have nothing to do with it. But my original question was regarding a man and woman where all factors are equal but the man was getting paid more than the woman. Where do you stand on that?
If the woman is giving the exact same effort as the man then the pay should be equal. If the woman is giving more effort than the man then the woman should make more. It's pretty simple.

If the woman is giving the exact same effort as the man then the pay should be equal. If the woman is giving more effort than the man then the woman should make more. It's pretty simple.
Um...same effort as men not always applicable.

Consider the opinions of some of the womens soccer team and their fans. The men playing on World Cup teams earn considerably more pay than the ladies. Unfair! Women put out similar effort playing their game, so why don’t they earn the same? Because they’re girls!!! Or so it seems to some.

But the numbers bandied about recently tell the story. Reports I read or heard claimed the mens WC operation brought in $6B in revenue from TV rights, merchandising, and God knows what else. Of that pot reports claimed 9% went to the players.

The womens WC operation brought in less than $200M in revenue, but the women were paid 13% of their pot. Which begs the question, if the women were paid the same as men where the hell would the money come from?

Two guesses, although you’ll likely only need one if you’re a lefty stooge.

Um...same effort as men not always applicable.

Consider the opinions of some of the womens soccer team and their fans. The men playing on World Cup teams earn considerably more pay than the ladies. Unfair! Women put out similar effort playing their game, so why don’t they earn the same? Because they’re girls!!! Or so it seems to some.

But the numbers bandied about recently tell the story. Reports I read or heard claimed the mens WC operation brought in $6B in revenue from TV rights, merchandising, and God knows what else. Of that pot reports claimed 9% went to the players.

The womens WC operation brought in less than $200M in revenue, but the women were paid 13% of their pot. Which begs the question, if the women were paid the same as men where the hell would the money come from?

Two guesses, although you’ll likely only need one if you’re a lefty stooge.
I'm about as far right as it gets short of ancap. The effort argument only applies if they're both playing together in the same game. Otherwise the question is how much revenue is generated per dollar they are paid. If the answer is less than the men per dollar they are paid then it's fair for the men to make more. And vice versa. I don't care about the details of the soccer situation this should apply to any line of work anywhere for anyone. It's got nothing to do with gender other than the fact that women's sports typically don't generate as much revenue as men's and that's not the fault of any particular man or woman.

That's all

"women" dont. Liberals do.

That's all
Ummm, .you do realize that's exactly what they are talking about when they say "equal pay", right?
No they think they should be able to take vacations for 9 months at a time and still get paid the same as a guy who has to work his ass off to pay for his woman to take time off from her work.
Hey ladies, this guy thinks maternity leave is a vacation .
He's mansplainin! Stand back everyone!

That's all
Why, a lot of women around you get paid more than you do?

Listen if women are so equal then why do sports have women's and men's sports divided? Im all for any sport being coed but seriously, how long would we really expect that to work? A woman tried being a goaltender in the NHL back in the 90's and she didn't last long even though she was otherwise a very good goalie.

Forum List

Back