Why do women find Mitt creepy?

In the last chat, I tried and failed to put my finger on what, exactly, it was that seems to turn people off about Mitt Romney, an articulate, handsome, impressive person. It was evident during the GOP primary season, when voters lurched in desperation from lamebrain loon to loony lamebrain, serial shotgun marriages with doofs and dorks and dummies, rather than resign themselves to the inevitability of this guy. I said I thought he was "creepy," which would explain why Romney had so much trouble attracting female supporters. Seems to me, Number One on the list of things that turns off women is a whiff of "This guy's a creep."

A few people -- all women -- wrote in to explain their visceral reactions to Romney. The best was from Sharon W. Bower, whose view pretty much summarized them all. Here it is:
This is just my read, but when I see Romney, what comes across to me is thinly veiled hostility.

This is someone who is used to getting his way. He does not respond well when he doesn’t. He’s the boss who says that he values your input, but if you contradict him or his goals he will not hesitate to fire you or (better yet) see to it that you get fired. There is a coldness, a calculation about him. He is a man of action, a man who will do what needs to be done. If what needs to be done involves hiding a few bodies, he will find the most effective way to do so.

The façade of good humor, bonhomie and “man of the people” is a paper mask. The eyes looking out of it have all of the warmth and kindness of a cobra.

You’re absolutely right the women are creeped out by him. This isn’t the serial rapist or dangerous drunken frat boy. He’s the guy who would dismiss your thoughts and opinions and remove your autonomy under the guise of loving you. He’s the guy who would tell you, “Trust me. I know what I’m doing. Don’t worry your pretty little head about this,” and mean it.

LINK

First off, he isn't handsome, he's got slick back hair and a phoney smile. No swagger, he's stiff and awkward, he is not a smart man either, he doesn't relate to the average person.

He is creepy but also repulsive. I believe he did cut the boy's hair and called him gay.

Phoney asshole. I would love to see him get a pie in the face.

Hate and fear is a powerful inspiration.

But they never win elections by themselves.

This one is close enough for it to matter.

Not really.

If you look at elections where we've voted out incumbants - which is often a difficult thing to do - it is usually because the person challenging was an inspiring guy.

Clinton, Reagan and FDR being the most obvious examples. They were leading movements. People liked them on a personal level, even if they didn't agree with their politics.

Here's the biggest obstacle that Romney has to overcome. 69 million people voted for Obama last time while 59 million voted for McCain.

Romney has to inspire everyone who voted for McCain to vote for him, (Not an easy task, some of us voted for McCain in the primaries because he wasn't Romney) and then get about 5 million of those who voted for Obama to admit they made a mistake in 2008 and vote for him this time.

And fear and hate by themselves won't do that.

In the last chat, I tried and failed to put my finger on what, exactly, it was that seems to turn people off about Mitt Romney, an articulate, handsome, impressive person. It was evident during the GOP primary season, when voters lurched in desperation from lamebrain loon to loony lamebrain, serial shotgun marriages with doofs and dorks and dummies, rather than resign themselves to the inevitability of this guy. I said I thought he was "creepy," which would explain why Romney had so much trouble attracting female supporters. Seems to me, Number One on the list of things that turns off women is a whiff of "This guy's a creep."

A few people -- all women -- wrote in to explain their visceral reactions to Romney. The best was from Sharon W. Bower, whose view pretty much summarized them all. Here it is:
This is just my read, but when I see Romney, what comes across to me is thinly veiled hostility.

This is someone who is used to getting his way. He does not respond well when he doesn’t. He’s the boss who says that he values your input, but if you contradict him or his goals he will not hesitate to fire you or (better yet) see to it that you get fired. There is a coldness, a calculation about him. He is a man of action, a man who will do what needs to be done. If what needs to be done involves hiding a few bodies, he will find the most effective way to do so.

The façade of good humor, bonhomie and “man of the people” is a paper mask. The eyes looking out of it have all of the warmth and kindness of a cobra.

You’re absolutely right the women are creeped out by him. This isn’t the serial rapist or dangerous drunken frat boy. He’s the guy who would dismiss your thoughts and opinions and remove your autonomy under the guise of loving you. He’s the guy who would tell you, “Trust me. I know what I’m doing. Don’t worry your pretty little head about this,” and mean it.

LINK

"This isn’t the serial rapist"

Weeeeaaaall.....maybe he would have been if he hadn't been born with that silver spoon. He reminds me of a high school loner who never related at all to the well rounded students or "the in crowd." You know...the ones who were always first on the dance floor doing the latest dances.

Why do women find Mitt creepy?
His brood's (obvious) recessive testosterone-levels??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBYI-j1pZ64]Rachel Maddow on Mitt Romney's Vietnam War Deferment - YouTube[/ame]

mitt-romney-sons.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFGit_tZDqs]Generation Chickenhawk: With The College Republicans - YouTube[/ame]​

Romney has to inspire everyone who voted for McCain to vote for him, (Not an easy task, some of us voted for McCain in the primaries because he wasn't Romney) and then get about 5 million of those who voted for Obama to admit they made a mistake in 2008 and vote for him this time.

Not a problem at all.

McCain voters will pull for Romney.

Obama cant motivate the same turn out.

Synth, who do you Liberal women find Mitt "Creepy"? Can you tell us in your own words?

But they never win elections by themselves.

Not really.

If you look at elections where we've voted out incumbants - which is often a difficult thing to do - it is usually because the person challenging was an inspiring guy.

Clinton, Reagan and FDR being the most obvious examples. They were leading movements. People liked them on a personal level, even if they didn't agree with their politics.

Here's the biggest obstacle that Romney has to overcome. 69 million people voted for Obama last time while 59 million voted for McCain.

And McCain is kind of working against him. You can see the cool response physically before McCain begins a measured response.

Not really.

And McCain is kind of working against him. You can see the cool response physically before McCain begins a measured response.

McCain never liked Romney on a personal level.

I liked his comment yesterday. "Romney wasn't rejected for my running mate because of what was in his tax returns (which he handed over to me willingly). He was rejected because Sarah Palin was the better pick!"

Talk about backhanded!

Why do women find Romney creepy.

"I like to be able to fire people"
"Where did you get these cookies, 7-11?"
"I can't have illegals here, I'm running for office for Pete's Sake."
"Corporations are people, too, my friend."
"I'm unemployed, too!"

Yeah, I think women find him creepy for the same reason men do.

I get the feeling that Mittens does not want the women flocking him.

i dont understand why people think we need a leader who is worshiped by fanatics rather than one who is competant and will lead us correctly.

in other words.... someone *you* agree with. lol..

no one worships the president. but its always really funny when rightwing extremists say that.

seems to me that this thread is also about why your guy is repellant to most women....you aren't really equipped to respond to that.

Does someone need to post that LONG list of quotes again where Lefties around the world compare him to God? Or are you going to walk this one back on your own?

i dont understand why people think we need a leader who is worshiped by fanatics rather than one who is competant and will lead us correctly.

in other words.... someone *you* agree with. lol..

no one worships the president. but its always really funny when rightwing extremists say that.

seems to me that this thread is also about why your guy is repellant to most women....you aren't really equipped to respond to that.

Does someone need to post that LONG list of quotes again where Lefties around the world compare him to God? Or are you going to walk this one back on your own?

Yes, because I think you're full of shit.

No one is creepier than obama. He's like every abuser that ever slapped a woman upside the head. He has always been like that. Don't listen to anyone else, just me. I'm the only one you can trust. When you don't do what I tell you, well, you have to be punished. Yes, you have to give me all your money. I take care of you. I make sure you have a roof over your head and food to eat. Without me you'd be nothing.

obama is creepy in the same way pimps are creepy.

LINK

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkzRNyygfk]Radiohead - Creep - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, have you really compared most Liberal against Conservative Women? I can certainly understand why liberals see him as creepy.

Personally I think he looks very Presidential, I don't think he throws like a girl either. LOL

Not really.

McCain never liked Romney on a personal level.

I liked his comment yesterday. "Romney wasn't rejected for my running mate because of what was in his tax returns (which he handed over to me willingly). He was rejected because Sarah Palin was the better pick!"

Talk about backhanded!

LOL! Anybody with an IQ above 100 who comes in second to Sarah Palin has a serious problem...very serious

Forum List

Back