Why do we want Puerto Rico

This is a perfect example of why I hate the Ms. California types (typically). Bonde hair bule eyes bore me since I lived in Pacific Beach Ca. for so long.

Well, they don't "bore me."

Although I never lived in Pacific Beach CA, or Sweden, I still find Latinas WAY HAWT.:eusa_drool:

Like with those four You could even get a word in. LOL!

Talking isn't what I have in mind.

Latin women ye bleateth.
Like my seat cover ?

Attachments

• $jackijeep.jpg
    $jackijeep.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 72
How would admitting any territory as a state improve the U.S.? I'm personally against Puerto Rico becoming a state, but that's because I don't think Puerto Rico should want to become a state. I think they should simply go for their independence from the U.S. but that's unlikely.

Que? Are you fricking kidding! Are you always so fricking dense. Name 1 state of the union that is not better off being part of the US then independent? There is not one fricking state. Not even Hawaii! Puerto Rico would 100 fold be better being part of the US. In fact I believe they now believe that. The Progressive Party, which is pro-Entering the Union, has a solid majority in their legislative branch and their Presidency.

They would be better off and so would we.

This is a perfect example of why I hate the Ms. California types (typically). Bonde hair bule eyes bore me since I lived in Pacific Beach Ca. for so long.

Well, they don't "bore me."

Although I never lived in Pacific Beach CA, or Sweden, I still find Latinas WAY HAWT.:eusa_drool:

Like with those four You could even get a word in. LOL!

Talking isn't immediately what comes to mind....what does is a 4 course meal at "The Y" restaurant.

How would admitting any territory as a state improve the U.S.? I'm personally against Puerto Rico becoming a state, but that's because I don't think Puerto Rico should want to become a state. I think they should simply go for their independence from the U.S. but that's unlikely.

Que? Are you fricking kidding! Are you always so fricking dense. Name 1 state of the union that is not better off being part of the US then independent? There is not one fricking state. Not even Hawaii! Puerto Rico would 100 fold be better being part of the US. In fact I believe they now believe that. The Progressive Party, which is pro-Entering the Union, has a solid majority in their legislative branch and their Presidency.

They would be better off and so would we.

Well I believe the question of the OP is "Why would the U.S. be better off with Puerto Rico as a state?" So feel free to explain why you believe that.

As for why I believe they'd be better off independent of us, it's rather simple. As has been stated before in this thread, as a territory they get all the "perks" with none of the pain, that should definitely stop. But why should they want to join the U.S. and have to pay our taxes? It makes no sense. They should go independent, setup their own form of government, and hopefully it won't tax them as much as the U.S. would.

for one, we'd have their income taxes. and they'd have representation in congress. i think it's fair. and it's not like we haven't treated at least part of puerto rico as if it already belongs to us. (e.g., vieques).

for one, we'd have their income taxes. and they'd have representation in congress. i think it's fair.

Well I certainly think it's their decision, but it's for the reason of the income tax, among other taxes, that I don't think they should want to join the U.S.

Forum List

Back