Why Do We Still Have Racists?

The worst racist of them all are the white people that always treat black people as victims, so they can feel better about themselves.

I was around for the 1970's. Trust me, racism was not over. There is a difference between the hatred of minorities for the white majority (irrational, but not entirely hard to understand) and the hatred of whites for minorities. One despises the various ways in which they were denied a fair chance in life.

They other despises those they feel are eroding their unfair advantage in life.

Pardon me if I find David Dukes a whole lot more repugnant than this Shabazz guy.

But to a degree, it's all shades of the same thing: I may or may not be motivated to do you and yours harm because of how you look. When looked at on this level, it's immoral no matter who does it.

Imagine this scenario: Let’s say that the media said there was a “race” problem in Africa, and the only way to solvent that was to open the border of Africa and let in 100s of millions of white Europeans, giving them unrestricted free speech, and special treatments galore. Eventually, everybody in Africa would have blonde hair and blue eyes. Now how long do you think it would take any sane African to come to the obvious conclusion that the media wasn’t talking about a “race” problem, but the final solution to the African problem? And Madeline, do you think this African is a racist because he objects to the planned genocide of his people?

Now I agree that hate is immoral no matter who performs it. The KKK was wrong when they lynched blacks, and the NBP are wrong when they blanket indict whites. Besides David Duke never publically called for the killing of any minority, I wish I could say the same for that Shabazz character.

Last edited:
The worst racist of them all are the white people that always treat black people as victims, so they can feel better about themselves.

Tank I think you hit the nail on the head. There are way too many traitors in our midst. If the media, and society would refer to race pimps like Sharpton and Jackson as Black Supremacists, the playing field would be alot evener.

I was around for the 1970's. Trust me, racism was not over. There is a difference between the hatred of minorities for the white majority (irrational, but not entirely hard to understand) and the hatred of whites for minorities. One despises the various ways in which they were denied a fair chance in life.

They other despises those they feel are eroding their unfair advantage in life.

Pardon me if I find David Dukes a whole lot more repugnant than this Shabazz guy.

But to a degree, it's all shades of the same thing: I may or may not be motivated to do you and yours harm because of how you look. When looked at on this level, it's immoral no matter who does it.

I was around in the 70's too. Junior high I met the first black girl in my life. She was crying outside the cafeteria. I stopped to ask her why and try and offer her some support. She said she was crying because no one would talk to her because she was black. I pointed out that I was talking to her and she said, "Yeah, but that's just because I'm black."

Highschool, only 3 black guys in the whole school. One of them was in drama with me and a great friend.

College, I made friends with a black girl as we were waiting for the cafeteria to open. Once it did we went inside and sat down to eat together. Two black men showed up to sit with us. They spent the entire lunch talking about "black power". When I finished I stood up and told them what I thought of them. I looked at the girl and said that I expected better from her. I told them that if any of them had joined me and my white friends at our table and we started talking about "white power", they'd be all over us, but then again we wouldn't do that because it would be wrong, not to mention rude.

My sister married a black man only 2 years younger than my mother. As he's gotten older, he's become more and more of a jerk. Because of his attitude toward our families, I haven't heard from either of my nieces in years. The same two girls I babysat time and again. Apparently we were good enough for them when they needed babysitters, but once the girls were old enough, he didn't want us influencing them anymore. He refused to allow his daughters to date whites. Both of them moved away as soon as they could. One is now living in Texas, the other is moving to North or South Carolina, I don't know which. I only hear about them from family gossip. I miss the little girls they were. I loved those girls but they never ever sent a thank you note or anything for all the presents I sent them and when I had my boys we never got presents from my sister for my boys and they made a whole lot more money than we did.

I never paid much attention to David Duke, but I would be interested if you have anything that shows he called for the death of black babies.

Otherwise your comparison falls far short.

Againshelia, I am sorry if my words made it seem that I did not feel whites can suffer hurt from racism as well. Your story is terrible, and I am sad reading it.

Your brother-in-law is a fool not to allow his kids to spend time with you -- you are obviously a very loving person

As long as there are loser tools like these Klansman hating on brothers there will be racism. IT's also a defense mechanism for dumb ass trailer trash whites to blame there lot on.

Are you looking for the childhood history of Jeremiah Wright?

I think people like Jesse Jackson are why we still have race problems. Him and Sharpton are the only ones that ever bring it up. We have a black President, the most powerful man in the world yet that is not enough for them. I guess they feel they need to stay relevant somehow.

Well, Jesse and Al certainly do not help the situation.

Again Jackson and Sharpton are to the intelligent black community what Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson were to hundreds of millions of Christians who aren't part of the looney far Christian right. Yet it is guys like these that the media did and do put up as representative spokespersons for their 'group'.

And then we wonder why the always seems to be stirred up so much.

As long as there are loser tools like these Klansman hating on brothers there will be racism. IT's also a defense mechanism for dumb ass trailer trash whites to blame there lot on.
You give far to much responsibility to the white people, do you really think it is solely up to the white people to solve racism?

You treat the white people as superiour, treat the other races as your equal.

Jackson and Sharpton are to the intelligent black community what Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson were to hundreds of millions of Christians who aren't part of the looney far Christian right. Yet it is guys like these that the media did and do put up as representative spokespersons for their 'group'.

No brotha, you got what you deserve now stop bitching about it.

*All* christians are "loony" you dumbass. Religion = Insanity. You can't be a sane schizophrenic.

You give far to much responsibility to the white people, do you really think it is solely up to the white people to solve racism?

Shit whites need to assume much more than I put on them. We enslaved them, we held them down and still do.

Most blacks are racist and only a handful of whites are racist.

as long as we have non dues paying klansman like this tool we will have plenty racism.

I bet it's correlated to ones educational achievement, you know blame someone else:cuckoo:

This is it. The laws and policies have been corrected to remove all legal barriers for all people in the work place, and the only barrier left is perception and psychological conditioning.

But one segment of our society continues to single out groups as somehow the victim, disadvantaged, or incapable of improving their own condition without "Whitey's" help. That attitude assigns inferior status that gets ingrained into the psyche. Then couple that with those who teach that it is somebody else's fault and keep encouraging anger and resentment toward imaginary 'oppressors' and it is the most insidious and perhaps the most damaging form of racism left.

Most blacks are racist and only a handful of whites are racist.

as long as we have non dues paying klansman like this tool we will have plenty racism.

I bet it's correlated to ones educational achievement, you know blame someone else:cuckoo:

You can't refute my point so you do what any typical liberal idiot does. Shout "racist"!!

It's 2010. Most people have at least an eighth grade education. Why do we still have to suffer from racists?

Were these people dropped on their heads as infants?

Your question should be "Why do we have Diversity", since Diversity is the cause of racism!

It's 2010. Most people have at least an eighth grade education. Why do we still have to suffer from racists?

Were these people dropped on their heads as infants?

Your question should be "Why do we have Diversity", since Diversity is the cause of racism!

I disagree. Among my family and associates are people of Italian, Spanish, Mexican, Irish, German, British, Scottish, French, Native American, and Asian descent (and probably others I didn't think of.) Many of these folks retain and celebrate their various cultural heritages and among them are people as different as night and day. But not one of them considers himself or herself inferior or superior to the others in any way, nobody feels entitled to any special attention or privilege based on their ethnicity, and there is no racism.

Racism is a taught and learned behavior. It does not have to be part of the American culture.

I disagree. Among my family and associates are people of Italian, Spanish, Mexican, Irish, German, British, Scottish, French, Native American, and Asian descent (and probably others I didn't think of.) Many of these folks retain and celebrate their various cultural heritages and among them are people as different as night and day. But not one of them considers himself or herself inferior or superior to the others in any way, nobody feels entitled to any special attention or privilege based on their ethnicity, and there is no racism.

Well that is the exception and not the rule. These foreigners nowadays think we should cater towards them, instead of assimilating into our culture. If I take a trip to Russia, I'd expect to learn a few phrases in Russian, what I wouldn't expect is the Russians to learn English to coddle me, it doesn't work that way.

Racism is a taught and learned behavior.

Says the person who willfully swallows all that the media spoonfeeds him.

It does not have to be part of the American culture.

Diversity is an evil that should have never happened. Forced integration is just as wrong as segregation. People were literally forced to integrate at gunpoint. Back when my grandparents were coming up, in the 50s, if they were out late the only worries they had were if their father was gonna woop them for being late, but now OTOH, a kid must worry about being beat up, getting his salad tossed, kidnapped, or worse. During segregation, blacks only had fellow blacks to choose as victims, but now, thanks to liberal policies, every white man or woman in America is a potential victim to black or brown violence. And we all have multiculturalism to thank for this.

Forum List

Back