Why Do We Still Have Racists?

Well, if I were a 69 year old Black guy I might say "God Damn America" too. I'm only 57 and even I remember some very horrible stuff.

Is this not part of the problem? People are trying to change for the good, but then others keep bringing up the past and holding it against people now. It is a never ending cycle, quit whining about the past and let's preserve the accomplishments that have been made and work on the future.

I'm assuming most of the racists on USMB are white. What excuse do they have, apart from the perceived loss of privileges they have not earned?

There's the problem right there. Why do you assume that? Plenty of minority racists on here as well.

Really?

How do you really know one way or the other? You can't, so you make an educated guess: My guess would be that there are overwhelmingly more white racist posters on the internet than black racist posters. I only base this on more that 10 years experience being on a wide range of boards.

USMB is pretty mild as far as racists are concerned.

Message boards offer racists a safe haven to express themselves.

It just seems like such an antiquated personality defect. Like all of them have superstitions about buggy whips. I kinda sorta thought humans would get past this bullshit, by now.

I think we still have racism because it is or might be profitable and fashionable in various ways to have racism.

Like, where, for example?

And this is to Madeline too. . . .

1. One segment of Congress needs for there to be racists and therefore victims to keep an important constituency voting for them and thus ensure an increase in their power, prestige, influence, and personal fortunes.

2. That constituency needs for there to be racists so they can maintain victim or disadvantaged status to justify Congress taking proper care of them and to have more clout to promote social change favorable for themselves.

3. The ACLU and others in the legal profession dealing with social issues need for there to be racists to keep the money flowing into their coffers.

4. And the opportunists need for there to be racists to justify punative action or regulation taken against certain of commerce and industry that advantages the opportunists.

All this is why every effort is taken to not allow society to become colorblind and just treat everybody as if they were just people.

I think we still have racism because it is or might be profitable and fashionable in various ways to have racism.

Example - The News Media, if nothing racially happens for a while, they dig up something from the past and they try to get their ratings up, thus better ratings, more money.

So, when was the last windfall the media had by digging up the Watts Riot, or MLK assasination? Frankly, I don't see these rehashings of history as being particularly profitable.

Very cynical, foxfyre. I'm not sure that ACLU lawyers actually make any money on their cases; I am fairly sure most are volunteers. I know most of us yearn for a color-blind society.....maybe if we drop the racists on their heads again?

Or again and again and again?

I'm assuming most of the racists on USMB are white. What excuse do they have, apart from the perceived loss of privileges they have not earned?

There's the problem right there. Why do you assume that? Plenty of minority racists on here as well.

Really?

How do you really know one way or the other? You can't, so you make an educated guess: My guess would be that there are overwhelmingly more white racist posters on the internet than black racist posters. I only base this on more that 10 years experience being on a wide range of boards.

It is pretty mild, doesn't change the fact that math never lies, percentage wise no one race owns a monopoly on stupid or racism. I would say the percentages of race on this board are pretty even to the percentages on race in society overall, and it stands to reason so to does the percentage of stupid and or racism.

Very cynical, foxfyre. I'm not sure that ACLU lawyers actually make any money on their cases; I am fairly sure most are volunteers. I know most of us yearn for a color-blind society.....maybe if we drop the racists on their heads again?

A President got elected via racism and its after effects. No debating that.

And this is to Madeline too. . . .

1. One segment of Congress needs for there to be racists and therefore victims to keep an important constituency voting for them and thus ensure an increase in their power, prestige, influence, and personal fortunes.

WHAT??? What Party of Racist Victims is there?

2. That constituency needs for there to be racists so they can maintain victim or disadvantaged status to justify Congress taking proper care of them and to have more clout to promote social change favorable for themselves..

Isn't this #1?

3. The ACLU and others in the legal profession dealing with social issues need for there to be racists to keep the money flowing into their coffers..

Yes, all lawyers promote criminal activity for the purpose of maintaining lucrative business opportunities.

4. And the opportunists need for there to be racists to justify punative action or regulation taken against certain of commerce and industry that advantages the opportunists..

You mean like, slavery, or what?

Its been outlawed for the past few years.

Really?

It is pretty mild, doesn't change the fact that math never lies, percentage wise no one race owns a monopoly on stupid or racism. I would say the percentages of race on this board are pretty even to the percentages on race in society overall, and it stands to reason so to does the percentage of stupid and or racism.

There are far fewer blacks in the aggregate population of Earth, than any other race, therefore, there are far fewer black racists, black women, black retards, black zoologists, and black plumbers.

It's 2010. Most people have at least an eighth grade education. Why do we still have to suffer from racists?

Were these people dropped on their heads as infants?
Because.
Kweshtiunz ?

Attachments

• $murkastan.gif
    $murkastan.gif
    74.6 KB · Views: 68

Well you can try it. I wouldn't be adverse to that. Whatever works.

The ACLU, however, due to a little publicized clause in the Civil Rights Act (United States Code section 1988), is handsomely rewarded sometimes tens of thousands up to several hundred thousand dollars in attorney fees at taxpayer expense, plus a cut of whatever they win for the plaintiff, if they can successfully file and win a civil rights violation case. So they really REALLY like anything they can make into a First Amendment Rights violation or gay rights violation or something related to hate crimes or racism.

Really?

There are far fewer blacks in the aggregate population of Earth, than any other race, therefore, there are far fewer black racists, black women, black retards, black zoologists, and black plumbers.

Well DUH, that is why I said percentages, not raw numbers.

Forum List

Back