Why do we profile offenders of every crime except terrorism?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Seeing the horrible scenario unfolding in New York with what appears to be a likely serial killer, I started wondering. The FBI's Behaviorial Analysis Unit is obviously creating profiles for likely offenders of this crime. In fact, all police departments do this. They make profiles for people who commit serial murder, gang activity, rape, bank robbery, graffiti. It's simple intelligence work. Hell, even certain drugs have profiled users. Meth and powder are mostly used by whites. Crack mostly by blacks. Just for example, although there are exceptions.

So to the point....why do we profile the likely offenders of every crime EXCEPT TERRORISM?

I mean, watching that TSA tyrant fondling a 6 year old white girl just in case she was packing a bomb?? Really?

Seeing the horrible scenario unfolding in New York with what appears to be a likely serial killer, I started wondering. The FBI's Behaviorial Analysis Unit is obviously creating profiles for likely offenders of this crime. In fact, all police departments do this. They make profiles for people who commit serial murder, gang activity, rape, bank robbery, graffiti. It's simple intelligence work. Hell, even certain drugs have profiled users. Meth and powder are mostly used by whites. Crack mostly by blacks. Just for example, although there are exceptions.

So to the point....why do we profile the likely offenders of every crime EXCEPT TERRORISM?

I mean, watching that TSA tyrant fondling a 6 year old white girl just in case she was packing a bomb?? Really?

This is a damned good question, bucs90.

You apparently don't know what profiling is.

Forum List

Back