Why do we not have many constitutional rights till we are adults?

Why do we not have many constitutional rights till we are adults?

Because Libruls refuse to grow up and always want to be taken care of

I dont think it does but your parents are responsible for you legally ( you damage somthing your guardian pays) so if you dont have the same level of responsibility then you cant expect the same level of rights.

I always tried to give my son freedom of speach. I told him there was no such thing as a Bad word. I told him certain words really offended people and that his responsibility was to not offend people for no good reason. Worked great.

Argreed Truth. But this seems to fly in the face of the strict constitutionalists.
Or are they just cherry pickers too?

Where in the constitution does it say we must be 18 to get our constitutional rights?

In the amendment section where it reduces the voting age to 18.

So the assumption is that to have constitutional rights you have to be able to vote?
Where is that written in the constitution?

Your premise is wrong. Children have all the same rights as everyone else, HOWEVER as they are not legally emancipated or of age of consent their parents or Guardians control them. Legally until a child is of age or legally emancipated the Guardians are responsible for them, they exercise their rights with in the frame work of the legal system.

In the amendment section where it reduces the voting age to 18.

So the assumption is that to have constitutional rights you have to be able to vote?

Your premise is wrong. Children have all the same rights as everyone else, HOWEVER as they are not legally emancipated or of age of consent their parents or Guardians control them. Legally until a child is of age or legally emancipated the Guardians are responsible for them, they exercise their rights with in the frame work of the legal system.

Agreed, but where is this spelled out in the constitution?

Agreed, but where is this spelled out in the constitution?

In the LAWS of the land. And of course a little common sense. A 10 year old is not legally able to enter into a binding agreement of many types. BUT his parents can enter him into such a binding agreement.

New Topics

Forum List

Back