Why do we need Dual Citizenship??

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
I believe that any person who wants to be an American has commit his/her total allegiance to the United States. You need to promise stand by this country when times are good, and when times are dreary.

Can’t stand to give up what you had there?? It’s simple, don’t come here!! But don’t come here, and apply for US Citizenship, and tell me that you are still one of “them”. No matter where “there” is.

I don’t buy the theory that is ok to make it here, and then take it there. If there is so GD good, why did you come here? Or, just make it there?? Or, why didn’t you stay here??????

Why no flip-flopping? Cause while you are here, you probably voted. In some cases your vote may have not been in the best interest of the US, or the rest of its people. Or, perhaps you had influence on public policy that has long term results. Therefore, if you want to be one of us, you have to stay the course, in thick or thin. (This is one of the reasons I don’t cut “baby boomers” any slack. They caused the crap, let them clean it up, or deal with the results)

If one knows that they are going to have to deal with the results of their actions in the future, for what they did today, I feel that the individual will probably try to make a better choice today. Knowing that there will be no second chance, no getting a second spin of the wheel, no sneaking off to a place of refuge, should provide for a more careful consideration of what it takes to me an American. This is the melting pot you chose,, enjoy.

I think the immigration policy today, and the immigrants today, have lost sight of what it is to be an American. And, to an appreciable extent, many Americans have alsoforgotten what it takes to be the “American”, that used to enjoy the respect of so many from different parts of the world.

It is almost like America is ok to sleep with, have your way with, but you still reserve the right to get up in the morning and go home.. End of story. (Until the next urge comes along.) :usa:

And for those Americans, who feel that their knowlege is better than those who were born where ever you now hang your hat,,, forget it.. Those who were born there have a right to do things their way. Don't like it as it is?? Don't go there pissing off the natives. Stay here where we can kick the shit of you for being so righteous. If you have that much energy to make changes there, then make it better here.

How many agree with allowing dual citizenship???

I think you (OP) need to take a big deep breath, pop open a nice cold beer, lay back on a recliner, flip on a football game, and chill out. Seriously.

I believe that any person who wants to be an American has commit his/her total allegiance to the United States. You need to promise stand by this country when times are good, and when times are dreary.

Can’t stand to give up what you had there?? It’s simple, don’t come here!! But don’t come here, and apply for US Citizenship, and tell me that you are still one of “them”. No matter where “there” is.

I don’t buy the theory that is ok to make it here, and then take it there. If there is so GD good, why did you come here? Or, just make it there?? Or, why didn’t you stay here??????

Why no flip-flopping? Cause while you are here, you probably voted. In some cases your vote may have not been in the best interest of the US, or the rest of its people. Or, perhaps you had influence on public policy that has long term results. Therefore, if you want to be one of us, you have to stay the course, in thick or thin. (This is one of the reasons I don’t cut “baby boomers” any slack. They caused the crap, let them clean it up, or deal with the results)

If one knows that they are going to have to deal with the results of their actions in the future, for what they did today, I feel that the individual will probably try to make a better choice today. Knowing that there will be no second chance, no getting a second spin of the wheel, no sneaking off to a place of refuge, should provide for a more careful consideration of what it takes to me an American. This is the melting pot you chose,, enjoy.

I think the immigration policy today, and the immigrants today, have lost sight of what it is to be an American. And, to an appreciable extent, many Americans have alsoforgotten what it takes to be the “American”, that used to enjoy the respect of so many from different parts of the world.

It is almost like America is ok to sleep with, have your way with, but you still reserve the right to get up in the morning and go home.. End of story. (Until the next urge comes along.) :usa:

And for those Americans, who feel that their knowlege is better than those who were born where ever you now hang your hat,,, forget it.. Those who were born there have a right to do things their way. Don't like it as it is?? Don't go there pissing off the natives. Stay here where we can kick the shit of you for being so righteous. If you have that much energy to make changes there, then make it better here.

How many agree with allowing dual citizenship???

Education?

Forum List

Back