Why do we HAVE to have sex?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
I used to like doing things with girls because they always look REALLY good, and they are fun too. But everyone keeps talking about sex, and it is like we are not even people if we don't have sex like machines. Now this has taken me over too, and now it is like I am not even human if I am not some sex thing.

So why is this? I have cooked up a theory, I wonder what your take is. So here it goes, sex is a way of selling things because everyone naturally likes girls' looks and sex hypes that up to the point of wanting to have it for yourself and not leaving it to be just good enough with her looks alone. Then you can double up the selling with selling things to the relationship too, in addition to all else. At the end, endless things get sold that nobody needs and somebody makes money on them.

Then sex is addictive too, and you can't even stop. The perfectly hooked customer. If I ever dared to say that I don't care about ever having sex again, 1st my GF would kick my ass real fast, then everyone else would laugh at me, and at the end I would walk in the world with a giant kick-me sign on me.

How do you define yourself after the media, family, and everyone at school is through with you? Does my theory make sense? What's your take?

Last edited:
If I ever dared to say that I don't care about ever having sex again, 1st my GF would kick my ass real fast, then everyone else would laugh at me, and at the end I would walk in the world with a giant kick-me sign on me.

Yeah, about that "Giant Kick-Me" sign.....

to late.

If I ever dared to say that I don't care about ever having sex again, 1st my GF would kick my ass real fast, then everyone else would laugh at me, and at the end I would walk in the world with a giant kick-me sign on me.

Yeah, about that "Giant Kick-Me" sign.....

to late.

oh just send him an octopus.... that should do the trick. :badgrin:

I used to like doing things with girls because they always look REALLY good, and they are fun too. But everyone keeps talking about sex, and it is like we are not even people if we don't have sex like machines. Now this has taken me over too, and now it is like I am not even human if I am not some sex thing.

So why is this? I have cooked up a theory, I wonder what your take is. So here it goes, sex is a way of selling things because everyone naturally likes girls' looks and sex hypes that up to the point of wanting to have it for yourself and not leaving it to be just good enough with her looks alone. Then you can double up the selling with selling things to the relationship too, in addition to all else. At the end, endless things get sold that nobody needs and somebody makes money on them.

Then sex is addictive too, and you can't even stop. The perfectly hooked customer. If I ever dared to say that I don't care about ever having sex again, 1st my GF would kick my ass real fast, then everyone else would laugh at me, and at the end I would walk in the world with a giant kick-me sign on me.

How do you define yourself after the media, family, and everyone at school is through with you? Does my theory make sense? What's your take?
Stop hanging around with people like that. If you don't wanna' do it, then don't do it. You're prolly not ready for it anyway. (I didn't do it until I was 16 and that was probably too young)

Find some friends with similar ideas in life and hang out with them.

I have to agree that society today is over sexed. I got rid of my Cable TV and I'm not missing much as it seems every TV show had sexual relationships as it's theme. Even the commercials have ads for drugs you can take for all kinds of sexual dysfunction.

And don't let anyone, male or female, tell you what to do! (Except your Parents of course!) Get in the habit of telling those people to "mind their own business". They'll be mad at first but after a while they'll respect you for it.

Last edited:
Sex is overrated. That's why so many marriages fail. People get married because they're "in lust" with each other, not "in love" with each other. We put way too much emphasis on how "hot" people are, rather than how capable, or kind, or intelligent, or generous, or loving they are.

One thing I found out...the hottest looking people aren't necessarily the best lovers. ; )

But we have to remember...it's a biological imperative that we desire sex, particularly younger people in their child bearing years. It keeps our species from dying out. So my advice would be, enjoy that horny phase of life to the fullest. Oh, and remember, the procreation part is optional. There are plenty of people doing that, so if you choose to have sex but not kids you won't be hurting Mankind in any way. : )

You're kidding, right?

To the OP: We need to have sex in order to have kids and populate the world, you dummy.

@Kooshdakhaa - sex is overrated, you are right. People walk out on a marriage because they are not getting laid three times a week. And people DO marry for lust, you are right.

This society is obsessed with sex, I quite agree.

Some of that obsession comes from the fact that we use sex to sell soap.

Now if one is surrounded by recently post pubescent kids, OF COURSE they're going to be obsessed with their new sexuality. They really almost have no choice given that their hormones are raging and their still trying to figure our their own place in the world of adults.

And then too, there's those millions of adults who were losers in the young adult world of sexual games. They are often obsessed by sex, too and their obsession can last a lifetime.

They'll typically play out that obsession in one of two ways:

1. either they are obsessive-compulsive about liking sex or;

2. they are obsessive-compulsive about disliking sex... so much so that they truly believe it is their duty to make sure that nobody else has it unless those people have it under the conditions that these sexually frustrated losers think is MORALLY okay.

Last edited:

Stop hanging around with people like that. If you don't wanna' do it, then don't do it. You're prolly not ready for it anyway. (I didn't do it until I was 16 and that was probably too young)

I have to agree that society today is over sexed. I got rid of my Cable TV and I'm not missing much as it seems every TV show had sexual relationships as it's theme. Even the commercials have ads for drugs you can take for all kinds of sexual dysfunction.

And don't let anyone, male or female, tell you what to do! (Except your Parents of course!) Get in the habit of telling those people to "mind their own business". They'll be mad at first but after a while they'll respect you for it.

you're not really taking this person seriously, are you?

you're not really taking this person seriously, are you?
Just as seriously as I take you Jill! :lol:

As far as I know he's telling the truth. You think he's a sock or just trolling?

Whatever his intentions he got the conversation rolling didn't he?

Well this is a putrid thread. It has it all...underaged sex, promoting sex to someone as a "cure", you name it. Cute.

You don't HAVE to, except for the purpose of contributing to maintaining the species.

How old are you? 14 right?

OP..you don't have to have sex. Don't listen to the reprobates who tell you to get laid. Practice self control and work on improving your inner self...fulfilling every desire of the flesh is not a good way to go.

Forum List

Back