Why Do We Have a US Forest Service?

To keep money-making timber out of the hands of private citizens.

They don't give a shit about the forest, just the pulpwood pines.

When we have rogue judges who know more.

2018: “Trump thinks like a toddler. The courts should rein him in.”

Also 2018: Court quotes Dr. Seuss, pulls permit for pipeline that would cross national forests.
So they can sit in Washington DC behind mahogany desks, and watch forest catch on fires in Californication, and get time and one half, to do nothing. I know, I worked on the forest department fire alarm system in the building near the Holocaust Museum, and when they retrofitted the building the furniture was in the 10s of millions of dollars. Go figure that We the people are supposed to protect the old forests, while they(government fucking employees) get the good stuff.

Once again, liberalism's motto is "DO AS I SAY...NOT AS I DO"...

monroe-mahogany-wood-modern-desk-with-leather-pad-and-storage-4.jpg

“I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.”

In my world, everyone’s a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!”

- Dr Seuss

Also 2018: Court quotes Dr. Seuss, pulls permit for pipeline that would cross national forests.
So they can sit in Washington DC behind mahogany desks, and watch forest catch on fires in Californication, and get time and one half, to do nothing. I know, I worked on the forest department fire alarm system in the building near the Holocaust Museum, and when they retrofitted the building the furniture was in the 10s of millions of dollars. Go figure that We the people are supposed to protect the old forests, while they(government fucking employees) get the good stuff.

They get the good stuff because someone in congress has a buddy in their district that makes the "good stuff".

When I was on recruiting duty for the Marine Corps, someone way above us decided that every Marine Corps recruiting station in the county should look the same and have the same furniture. Thus we had to give up our old stuff, which was solid oak and would have lasted another 50 years for some cheap ass particle broad shit furniture that was being provided by the same company for the whole Marine Corps.

They get the good stuff because someone in congress has a buddy in their district that makes the "good stuff".

When I was on recruiting duty for the Marine Corps, someone way above us decided that every Marine Corps recruiting station in the county should look the same and have the same furniture. Thus we had to give up our old stuff, which was solid oak and would have lasted another 50 years for some cheap ass particle broad shit furniture that was being provided by the same company for the whole Marine Corps.

Military used to have these awesome metal desks, where the whole top was a rubber ink blotter.

Did I read the story in the OP link correctly?????

That the Forest Service said yes to having the pipeline go thru a National Park??? And the Court said NO???????

WTF?

When I got stationed in Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo in 1974 I was assigned quarters but had to stay in a motel for 2 weeks because there was no furniture in the house except for a fridge and stove. I was told that the QM warehouse had burned down in the mid 60s and hadn't been replaced or restocked. There was only one furniture store in St. Roberts on the strip out of the front gate. The store was owned by non other than the mayor of St. Roberts. I refused to buy anything from that crook and had to go to Springfield to buy furniture. I retired in 1977 and there was still no QM warehouse.

The Corps has little to do with furniture. It's all control by the Government Services Agency (see U.S. Federal) and is the same everywhere in the government - even in overseas locations.

That the Forest Service said yes to having the pipeline go thru a National Park??? And the Court said NO???????

WTF?

If the pipeline company complied with the proper rules and regulations, there's no reason not to allow the pipeline through - the government would gain in fees and other payment.

The Corps has little to do with furniture. It's all control by the Government Services Agency (see U.S. Federal) and is the same everywhere in the government - even in overseas locations.

You are correct, it was not our idea to change it out, it came down from on high.

Not sure what you mean by the same unless you are just referring to the GSA dealing with it

WTF?

If the pipeline company complied with the proper rules and regulations, there's no reason not to allow the pipeline through - the government would gain in fees and other payment.

yabbit so much for nature......might as well build condos & strip malls:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back