Why do we have a body?

It looks like we all sense when someone stares at us from behind us, and half of the people have thoughts of "important" meetings with people before they happen to them.

Some others feel the visitation by people (and animals!) who are dead but they don't know they are dead until later.

So, it looks like
1) either our physical bodies are developed out of us to focus on 5 senses at the expence of others,
2) or that our bodies incorporate us and physical life is a result of this interaction,
3) or that we are a derivative of our physical bodies and we gradually drift out of them including more than 5 senses,
4) or ... .

But then, there are far more people who don't sense anything apart from the 5 senses and adomently deny anything outside the body.

What's your take? Are there other possibilities than the above 3? And the other puzzle is why there are so many adoment deniers. Are they afraid of something?

I always get a full feeling deep within my bowls just moments before I pass gas. Always have... Can't explain it.

your senses are far more perceptive than you think.

much of this can be explained by sceince op
I agree.

My far out theory about the ringing telephone phenomenon I described above is it somehow involves transmission of electrical impulses at a range and frequency which is far above our present level of understanding. What we do know is thought waves are electrical energy which is detectable and measurable to some degree and at some presently limited distance. And I have no doubt that those waves are decipherable and may be transmitted and received.

In brief, my theory is the ringing telephone phenomenon is a primitive example of intelligible thought waves captured by, amplified, and transmitted via the energized telephone network.

Heat, minerals, chemicals and billions of years.
And here we are.
In my opinion, a more fascinating question is why does mankind constantly and consistently do what is against his/her ownbest interest. Both individually and especially collectively. It is as if there is a "super-gene" built in us that looks out for the betterment of our species as a whole that drives us to our own destruction to prevent catastrophic overpopulation.

Why do we have a body?

I mostly use mine to carry my head around.

Its rather high maintanance and I'd jettison it if I could find superior equipment for the task.

It looks like we all sense when someone stares at us from behind us, and half of the people have thoughts of "important" meetings with people before they happen to them.

Some others feel the visitation by people (and animals!) who are dead but they don't know they are dead until later.

So, it looks like
1) either our physical bodies are developed out of us to focus on 5 senses at the expence of others,
2) or that our bodies incorporate us and physical life is a result of this interaction,
3) or that we are a derivative of our physical bodies and we gradually drift out of them including more than 5 senses,
4) or ... .

But then, there are far more people who don't sense anything apart from the 5 senses and adomently deny anything outside the body.

What's your take? Are there other possibilities than the above 3? And the other puzzle is why there are so many adoment deniers. Are they afraid of something?

What makes you think we actually have bodies? After all to some forms of energy we are opaque.

xray-naked-woman.jpg

Adoment? Don't you mean adamant? I guess having a body and a brain are not a given.

Do we have bodies?

or

Is it all an illusion..

Is Life an Illusion?

by Arya Bhushan

For long we have heard that life is an illusion. All the epics mention this world is nothing but 'Maya' (the Hindi equivalent of the word Illusion). From the dictionary, we understand that illusion is a deception or a misleading perception of reality. Then, is this life and the world we see all unreal? But how can this be true? How can we believe that the people and the things we see and which appear so real are not there? Our first reaction is that only what we see is real. But then what about the blind man? Are not things real to him? No, the blind man believes that what he hears only is real.

Is Life an Illusion? by Arya Bhushan

So, it looks like
4) or ... .

What makes you think we actually have bodies? After all to some forms of energy we are opaque.

xray-naked-woman.jpg

Adoment? Don't you mean adamant? I guess having a body and a brain are not a given.

I knew uscitizen was wearing pumps...I just knew...

Do we have bodies?

or

Is it all an illusion..

Yes! it is all an illusion. We are energy that formed itself into atoms, that make up our bodies. But all matter can be converted back into energy.

The illusion is how we perceive ourselves. But it is a pretty convincing illusion. If we get hit on the head with a brick it hurts like hell. But that is only electrical signals being sent to our brains, and some yogis can overcome the illusion of pain.

In fact if the laws of physics like nuclear forces and gravity were altered slightly we would be able to walk through walls.

We have a body because with a body ...living here on earth we can suffer more acutely,feel more ... in a mental and physical way.

Not so if we are spiritual beings with subtler bodies.

What do I know anyway.

What do any of us know? Nothing, that's what. We only guess and imagine...and hope.

Raise hands here: Anyone get a choice in the matter? Your consciousness arises from your body. YOU are your "body". Sorry kid, drink to much wine, you find out how quick self awareness is linked to the corporeal. Anyone with epilepsy, schizophrenia, or any other health issue can effect the mind knows the body IS the mind, not apart from IT. What happens when the body dies? I cringe to say.

Forum List

Back