Why do we continue to pretend there is an untapped black talent pool?

Anyone care to guess IanC's IQ??
it's obviously high enough to figure out that the politically correct fable of 'given a chance blacks will do as well as anyone else' is clearly just a modern version of "The Emperor's New Clothes"

What the hell? I may not be directly from Africa, though my ancestory certainly is... and my IQ is 149. I'm a shit load smarter than most of the fucking hillbillys living in Kentucky, so fuck you.

I sincerely doubt that. That would put you at the genius level in IQ, and ive seen your posts, so i know this is not possible.

indians score, on average, 84 on IQ tests

how many legitimately qualified indian engineers, doctors, mathematicians, etc. are there? a hell of a lot... for every 7-11 employee there is a highly skilled member of the labor force

clearly there is something wrong with population IQ tests

now, I think these things should be openly talked about, not scoffed. Same with race and athletics, this is an issue which is muffled because we have to pretend like we don't see what's in front of our eyes... now maybe this is an issue of environment, but I'm just talking about discussing this without sounding ignorant or racist.

reasonable concern. I live in an area with a large indocanadian population. there is definitely a mixture of talent. of course those that emmigrate are typically more open to western ways. and they have also have a billion people to choose from.
while it is interesting to think of the potentials of certain groups there is also the reality on the ground. it doesnt really matter if africans have borderline retarded IQ averages for genetic reasons or environmental reasons because it still means they are borderline retarded, and it shows. germany, japan and israel started from scratch after WWII because they had human capital. africa is still going downhill even though they sit on immense riches because they do not have human capital.

from my understanding, it is true that black nations have lower average IQs than non-black nations... that fact cannot be denied unless tests prove otherwise. Again, as you said, whether that is genetic or environment is the real discussion, and for me I think it's a huge mix of reasons. And genetics may be part of the issue, true. But I would have to see tests done with only middle-class African-Americans to be sure.

Halfmoon- in California whites from poor families outperform blacks from wealthy families. There are millions of students in cali so this is no fluke. I have also seen studies that show children of middle class families have a difficult time remaining in the middle class. We're not talking ghetto blacks here, we're talking about black kids with the resources to do well but under perform anyways. So that means environment is out, leaving culture and genetics. Take your pick, or a combo of both, but neither is the fault of whites. Ogbu says culture, Murray implies genetics, but it doesn't really matter. Rewarding failure hasn't worked very well and probably even hurts black culture. Is it time to look at the problems without blaming white racism as the default reason every time? Would the world come to an end if we did?

OK, how about education, and learning the 'skills' necessary for a good life? I have many people say that SATs, etc are a poor predictor of success in college. True or untrue? Depends on how you define the question and answer. For one single individual (redundant on purpose) the answer is not all that predictive but still better than the other methods which are worse. But what happens if you look at groups of students? For groups of 25 the correlation is over 0.5, for groups of 100 the correlation is over 0.9, about the same as the difference for one person taking the SATs twice.
But not everyone goes to college, what about elementary school?
www.vdare.com/images/070208_mcinnish.gif
At a glance we can see how achievement and ability are close to coincident.
That graph shows how ability practically mirrors ability for the 25 elementary schools in Huntsville, Alabama. VDARE.com: 07/03/08 - Sailer Is Right: Measure School Achievement Relative To IQ!
Some here have called me ignorant and racist but ideas stand by themselves, therefore it does not matter who speaks them. Any environmentalists out there want to put down in writing what their explanations are for the mechanisms of how 'racism' manages to cause the same black/white gaps in all groups, no matter the conditions?

Last edited:
Halfmoon- in California whites from poor families outperform blacks from wealthy families. There are millions of students in cali so this is no fluke. I have also seen studies that show children of middle class families have a difficult time remaining in the middle class. We're not talking ghetto blacks here, we're talking about black kids with the resources to do well but under perform anyways. So that means environment is out, leaving culture and genetics. Take your pick, or a combo of both, but neither is the fault of whites. Ogbu says culture, Murray implies genetics, but it doesn't really matter. Rewarding failure hasn't worked very well and probably even hurts black culture. Is it time to look at the problems without blaming white racism as the default reason every time? Would the world come to an end if we did?
Wait...by your logic there are no wealthy black families, dipshit.

IQ testing may not encompass all the traits that people consider to be 'intelligence' but it does a good job of picking out those that are capable of learning and making good decisions. Typically the top 1/6 of our population (IQ115+) make up the bulk of professional occupations. But only 2% of blacks score that high. Is it any wonder that top schools struggle to find qualified blacks to fill medical, law and engineering positions? They have to dip much further into the black cohort to reach acceptable numbers of students and it shows in black performance and graduation rates. If blacks had to have the same qualifications as whites and asians then a single school like MIT would use up virtually all of the high scoring black candidates. Instead elite schools take best that they can find, leaving 2nd tier schools with 3rd or 4th tier black students, and so on. Many or most black students find themselves in a school where their qualifications are at the bottom and their performance and graduation rate reflect that.
This same scenerio is played out in many AA dominated jobs. AA gets blacks a job but their poor qualifications make it difficult to promote them or put them in positions of responsibility. Of course the blacks who truly were qualified find it difficult to escape the taint of low expectations given to other blacks.
This scarcity of talent problem is the main reason why Africa is such a mess. With only a tiny portion of the sub-saharan population scoring as high as IQ100, there are few to fill professional and executive positions and jobs that are filled with IQ100 personnel here (like teachers, military officers, police) are filled with incompetents in Africa.

Definitely fallacious.

Wait...by your logic there are no wealthy black families, dipshit.

How do you conclude that talking about groups averages somehow precludes any individual black from being successful? Your logic is faulty. Exceptions do not disprove general trends. If I have an aunt who is the tallest in my family, that does not disprove that men are taller than women on average. Why do you have such a hard time with such a simple concept?
I'm not sure of this message board's protocol. Am I supposed to call you a stupid **** or brain-damaged bitch to end the reply? It seems like the common thing to do, at least by posters from your side of the topic.

IQ testing may not encompass all the traits that people consider to be 'intelligence' but it does a good job of picking out those that are capable of learning and making good decisions. Typically the top 1/6 of our population (IQ115+) make up the bulk of professional occupations. But only 2% of blacks score that high. Is it any wonder that top schools struggle to find qualified blacks to fill medical, law and engineering positions? They have to dip much further into the black cohort to reach acceptable numbers of students and it shows in black performance and graduation rates. If blacks had to have the same qualifications as whites and asians then a single school like MIT would use up virtually all of the high scoring black candidates. Instead elite schools take best that they can find, leaving 2nd tier schools with 3rd or 4th tier black students, and so on. Many or most black students find themselves in a school where their qualifications are at the bottom and their performance and graduation rate reflect that.
This same scenerio is played out in many AA dominated jobs. AA gets blacks a job but their poor qualifications make it difficult to promote them or put them in positions of responsibility. Of course the blacks who truly were qualified find it difficult to escape the taint of low expectations given to other blacks.
This scarcity of talent problem is the main reason why Africa is such a mess. With only a tiny portion of the sub-saharan population scoring as high as IQ100, there are few to fill professional and executive positions and jobs that are filled with IQ100 personnel here (like teachers, military officers, police) are filled with incompetents in Africa.

Definitely fallacious.

obviously I disagree. what points are you saying are fallacious, are you disagreeing with the absolute numbers or the general ideas? do you have anything besides rhetoric to back up your opinion? I am honestly interested

I hope you don't actually expect people to read that mass of grey text which is all garbled together. AIR the shit out with some spaces!

You also should supply a link to wherever you pasted this hokum from.

I hope you don't actually expect people to read that mass of grey text which is all garbled together. AIR the shit out with some spaces!

actually they are my thoughts and Im sorry if you can't read a couple of hundred word without big spaces and pictures.
as for links....how many do you need? my posts are littered with them

actually they are my thoughts and Im sorry if you can't read a couple of hundred word without big spaces and pictures.
as for links....how many do you need? my posts are littered with them
If you don't recognize you aren't posting for yourself but for others, the customers, there's little I can do for you.

Learn how to be legible and literate.

And you're right, you are sorry.

If you don't recognize you aren't posting for yourself but for others, the customers, there's little I can do for you.

OK, I'll try to put more spaces into my comments in the future.

I forget how much more important the packaging is, rather than the content. (sotto voice..Obama)

His ass, and he never backs any of it up with anything credible.

good grief, I have brought a bunch of links to add info to my comments. did antone respond to THIS post?

IanC
Member #21028 Join Date: Sep 2009

let's look at the last link first. here is an html link Test "Title"
the study was performed to explore the reasons for black/white(and hispanic) wage gap.

Quote:
Our approachis a parsimoniously specified wage equation that controls for skillwith the score of a test administered as teenagers prepared to leavehigh school and embark on work careers or postsecondary educa-tion. Independent evidence shows that this test score is a raciallyunbiased measure of the skills and abilities these teenagers wereabout to bring to the labor market. We find that this one test scoreexplains all of the black-white wage gap for young women and muchof the gap for young men. For today's young adults, the black-whitewage gap primarily reflects a skill gap
It then goes on to explain how the AFQT was shown to be a good predictor of work performance and also shown to be non racially biased. This study is also politically correct so any of you from the 'other side' don't have to worry about getting polluted by reading it. I would love to have a reasoned discussion about it actually.
The first two links are very similar, and show that job experience shows diminishing returns on job performanced while general mental ability shows increasing importance with respect to job performance.

plenty of fodder for both sides in that link.

So Ianc... now that you've outlined what you see is a problem, then what, praytell, is your solution?

OK, I'll try to put more spaces into my comments in the future.

I forget how much more important the packaging is, rather than the content. (sotto voice..Obama)
When the content is crap, and the "packaging" is crap, such as your OP ere, there's really not much help for it.

Just have some consideration for the consumer. Try to format your posts where it's at least somewhat eye-friendly.

Forum List

Back