Why Do Those Who Are Not Wealthy Support Trump ?

Yea, poor people, especially blacks, did so well under Obama.
Are they suddenly doing better under trump?
Yes....
Black unemployment hits all-time low

Beat me to it!
Oh you believe those numbers now? Wow you guys are shameless but predictable

I believe the numbers in my 401K and bonus check because I'm looking at them right now. We're eating good tonight!! :banana:

Middle class people do not want welfare.
Middle class people do not buy into left wing class warfare demagoguery.
Dumb Liberal Bigots relentlessly ridicule middle class people.
Middle class people will not vote for people who hate them.

Yes....
Black unemployment hits all-time low

Beat me to it!

I believe the numbers in my 401K and bonus check because I'm looking at them right now. We're eating good tonight!! :banana:
Yea well I got a $25k raise last year for my 2016-2017 sales results. Don’t tell me Obama’s sucked. Maybe you sucked in 2016 but Obama’s and the economy did not except for blue collar. Are you blue collar?

The last Democrat presidential candidate who won the majority of middle class voters was over 40 years ago and it was Carter.
This is why the Corrupt Democratic Party is attempting to import millions of poor uneducated third world welfare moochers.

Yea well I got a $25k raise last year for my 2016-2017 sales results. Don’t tell me Obama’s sucked. Maybe you sucked in 2016 but Obama’s and the economy did not except for blue collar. Are you blue collar?
Were you selling BJ's to Obama?

Many of Trumps supports who voted for him and are sticking by him are not well off. While it is true that the further up the income ladder you go, the great support the support for Trump was in 2016, amazingly 41 % of those earning under $30K and 42% of those earning between $30 and $50K voted for him:

http://www.businessinsider.com/exit-polls-who-voted-for-trump-clinton-2016-11/#by-income-clinton-led-only-among-voters-with-a-2015-family-income-under-50000-a-group-that-included-36-of-the-voters-in-the-exit-polls-4

Yes, during the campaign, he made many promises to the working middle class which, of course went out the window in the form of the recent tax giveaway to the wealthy. Yet, I have seen little evidence that those people are abandoning him in large numbers

What is going on here? Trump once said, ' I love the poorly educated" Yes, he does and for good reason. They have been easily duped into supporting him, and continuing to support him despite the fact that everything that Trump does and everything that he says indicates that it is the wealthy and privileged - who tend to be better educated that he really "loves". The connection between education and wealth /income is irrefutable

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven-strauss/the-connection-between-ed_b_1066401.html

Or ….. are there other forces at work that intersect at Trump . Let’s consider cognitive abilities*- which are highly indicative of educational level- and race

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/millennial-media/201304/do-racism-conservatism-and-low-iq-go-hand-in-hand

Lower cognitive abilities predict greater prejudice through right wing ideology

Bottom line: Lower intelligence equals low income Trump Supporters who have a marked tendency toward racism.

Those same people tend to own guns as well and Trump is not a big fan of gun control:

http://www.guns.com/2013/11/03/study-finds-correlation-racism-white-gun-owners-video/

The picture is almost complete: A high correlation between support for Trump, low cognitive ability, racism and now guns. But there is one more variable to consider, the role of religion. We know that a good deal of Trumps support comes from religious zealots, namely the Evangelicals. Why is that? It turns out that it ties in very neatly with the intelligence factor:

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1088868313497266

So there we have it the complete picture -Intelligence and cognitive ability, Race, Guns, and now Religion. My work is done here.

* https://www.education.com/reference/article/iq-school-achievement/
Not for nothing, this post is what the people you refer to in this post would feel a confirmation of what they feel is wrong with the left. Calling people who voted and keep on supporting Trump dumb. It is arrogant in the extreme. It's not that they are dumb it's that they neither care, nor have any affinity with the complexities of something. They don't consider context or have any patience with complexity. Trump is the ultimate vindication to them, of those beliefs. Having said that I've seen people on the left who have the same problem. Every time you, and ultimate me talk down to them, they just entrench more.

It's not that they are dumb it's that they neither care, nor have any affinity with the complexities of something. They don't consider context or have any patience with complexity.

Hope & Change
Sure, it's what people want. The problem is running a government is an insanely complex thing. Saying it's simple is a very easy lie. Saying it's complex an infinitely harder thing to rally behind. Trump used that to his advantage. He's the drunk guy on the last bar stool that solves the worlds problems between his 6th and 7th beer. People relate to that way easier.

He's the drunk guy on the last bar stool that solves the worlds problems between his 6th and 7th beer.

And Obama is the guy who solves the world's problems while passing around the joint.
Really? Obama was capable of finishing a coherent thought. In essence that was his problem. He was smart, meticulous, communicative and.... ultimately boring. Black people thought he was to white, white people thought he was to black, those who believed his message of change figured him to much a politician. Trump is his anti synthesis, that is not a coincidence. You have a reality star that treats the office as the Apprentice, and predictable certain people like that way better then an episode of the West Wing without any of the juicy bits.

Don't use big words you do not understand. It reveals that you are a dumb ass!

It's not that they are dumb it's that they neither care, nor have any affinity with the complexities of something. They don't consider context or have any patience with complexity.

Hope & Change
Sure, it's what people want. The problem is running a government is an insanely complex thing. Saying it's simple is a very easy lie. Saying it's complex an infinitely harder thing to rally behind. Trump used that to his advantage. He's the drunk guy on the last bar stool that solves the worlds problems between his 6th and 7th beer. People relate to that way easier.

He's the drunk guy on the last bar stool that solves the worlds problems between his 6th and 7th beer.

And Obama is the guy who solves the world's problems while passing around the joint.
Really? Obama was capable of finishing a coherent thought. In essence that was his problem. He was smart, meticulous, communicative and.... ultimately boring. Black people thought he was to white, white people thought he was to black, those who believed his message of change figured him to much a politician. Trump is his anti synthesis, that is not a coincidence. You have a reality star that treats the office as the Apprentice, and predictable certain people like that way better then an episode of the West Wing without any of the juicy bits.

Obama was capable of finishing a coherent thought.

He read a decent teleprompter.
Without one, he often turned into a stuttering fuck.
Give me 1 example? 1 example of Obama sounding incoherent?

If he was off the teleprompter he could not say "shit" even if he had a mouthful.

So, to be brief, here is what you [TheRegressiveParasite] are saying. Working Americans, Christians, those who respect the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment...supported Trump. And still do.

I'll buy that.

And conversely, TheRegressiveParasite, who meets none of those criteria, and who, in fact, holds those who do in great contempt, didn't support Mr.Trump, and can't understand why we did.

In spite of his many obvious flaws, Mr. Trump was the candidate who appealed to those of us who love this country, and what it stands for (or at least used to stand for), while Mrs. Clinton was the candidate for those who hate this country, and everything it has stood for.

Last edited:
The fact is that neither party cares about the working class. They tend to throw a bone once in a great great while as they trip over themselves to make the rich richer. It's always been this way and yet poor folk buy into this most corrupt political system. I quit believing in it years ago. It's gonna be great when they try and cut social security and Medicare....poor working people will vote themselves out of existence under some guise hey it's best for the country.

Many of Trumps supports who voted for him and are sticking by him are not well off. While it is true that the further up the income ladder you go, the great support the support for Trump was in 2016, amazingly 41 % of those earning under $30K and 42% of those earning between $30 and $50K voted for him:

http://www.businessinsider.com/exit-polls-who-voted-for-trump-clinton-2016-11/#by-income-clinton-led-only-among-voters-with-a-2015-family-income-under-50000-a-group-that-included-36-of-the-voters-in-the-exit-polls-4

Yes, during the campaign, he made many promises to the working middle class which, of course went out the window in the form of the recent tax giveaway to the wealthy. Yet, I have seen little evidence that those people are abandoning him in large numbers

What is going on here? Trump once said, ' I love the poorly educated" Yes, he does and for good reason. They have been easily duped into supporting him, and continuing to support him despite the fact that everything that Trump does and everything that he says indicates that it is the wealthy and privileged - who tend to be better educated that he really "loves". The connection between education and wealth /income is irrefutable

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven-strauss/the-connection-between-ed_b_1066401.html

High and rising income inequality in the United States has recently been widely commented upon. What has not been as widely discussed is the role educational attainment has played in these disparities. Indeed, America is in some ways two different countries economically, segregated by educational achievement.

Or ….. are there other forces at work that intersect at Trump . Let’s consider cognitive abilities*- which are highly indicative of educational level- and race

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/millennial-media/201304/do-racism-conservatism-and-low-iq-go-hand-in-hand

Hodson and Busseri (2012) found in a correlational study that lower intelligence in childhood is predictive of greater racism in adulthood, with this effect being mediated (partially explained) through conservative ideology.
They also found poor abstract reasoning skills were related to homophobic attitudes which was mediated through authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact.

What this study and those before it suggests is not necessarily that all liberals are geniuses and all conservatives are ignorant. Rather, it makes conclusions based off of averages of groups. The idea is that for those who lack a cognitive ability to grasp complexities of our world, strict-right wing ideologies may be more appealing.

Bottom line: Lower intelligence equals low income Trump Supporters who have a marked tendency toward racism.

Those same people tend to own guns as well and Trump is not a big fan of gun control:

http://www.guns.com/2013/11/03/study-finds-correlation-racism-white-gun-owners-video/

There’s is a positive correlation between symbolic racism amongst white Americans and gun ownership, according to the results of a new international study published in PLoS One, the peer-reviewed scientific journal

The study, “Racism, Gun Ownership and Gun Control: Biased Attitudes in US Whites May Influence Policy Decisions,” conducted by researchers from Britain’s Manchester University and Australia’s Monash University, collected data from white U.S. voters and found that for each one point increase (on a scale from one to five) in symbolic racism there was a 50 percent increase in the odds that the respondent had a firearm in the home. This political reality did not spring up overnight.

The picture is almost complete: A high correlation between support for Trump, low cognitive ability, racism and now guns. But there is one more variable to consider, the role of religion. We know that a good deal of Trumps support comes from religious zealots, namely the Evangelicals. Why is that? It turns out that it ties in very neatly with the intelligence factor:

A meta-analysis of 63 studies showed a significant negative association between intelligence and religiosity. The association was stronger for college students and the general population than for participants younger than college age; it was also stronger for religious beliefs than religious behavior. For college students and the general population, means of weighted and unweighted correlations between intelligence and the strength of religious beliefs ranged from −.20 to −.25 (mean r = −.24). Three possible interpretations were discussed. First, intelligent people are less likely to conform and, thus, are more likely to resist religious dogma. Second, intelligent people tend to adopt an analytic (as opposed to intuitive) thinking style, which has been shown to undermine religious beliefs. Third, several functions of religiosity, including compensatory control, self-regulation, self-enhancement, and secure attachment, are also conferred by intelligence. Intelligent people may therefore have less need for religious beliefs and practices.

So there we have it the complete picture -Intelligence and cognitive ability, Race, Guns, and now Religion. My work is done here.

It’s great to see you leftwing nutjobs still don’t get why President Trump won.
Actually, I do get it as I have documented right here. Stupidity, racism, guns and clinging to the bible.

So, to be brief, here is what you are saying. Working Americans, Christians, those who respect the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment...supported Trump. And still do.

I'll buy that.
So to be brief, what I am saying is that working Americans have been duped into voting for Trump who is tossing them chump change while coddling the rich, while he never even read the Constitution - and if he did , is incapable of understanding it.

Stock market record highs, huge tax breaks, lowest unemployment for black in many many years and businesses investing in their employees. Yea, they are doing better. But feel free to lie about it in your response.
And please explain EXACTLY what T Rump did to deserve credit for any of this.

If he was off the teleprompter he could not say "shit" even if he had a mouthful.
Go away Popeye and come back when you have something intelligent and relevant to say.

High and rising income inequality in the United States has recently been widely commented upon. What has not been as widely discussed is the role educational attainment has played in these disparities. Indeed, America is in some ways two different countries economically, segregated by educational achievement.

Hodson and Busseri (2012) found in a correlational study that lower intelligence in childhood is predictive of greater racism in adulthood, with this effect being mediated (partially explained) through conservative ideology.
They also found poor abstract reasoning skills were related to homophobic attitudes which was mediated through authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact.

What this study and those before it suggests is not necessarily that all liberals are geniuses and all conservatives are ignorant. Rather, it makes conclusions based off of averages of groups. The idea is that for those who lack a cognitive ability to grasp complexities of our world, strict-right wing ideologies may be more appealing.

There’s is a positive correlation between symbolic racism amongst white Americans and gun ownership, according to the results of a new international study published in PLoS One, the peer-reviewed scientific journal

The study, “Racism, Gun Ownership and Gun Control: Biased Attitudes in US Whites May Influence Policy Decisions,” conducted by researchers from Britain’s Manchester University and Australia’s Monash University, collected data from white U.S. voters and found that for each one point increase (on a scale from one to five) in symbolic racism there was a 50 percent increase in the odds that the respondent had a firearm in the home. This political reality did not spring up overnight.

A meta-analysis of 63 studies showed a significant negative association between intelligence and religiosity. The association was stronger for college students and the general population than for participants younger than college age; it was also stronger for religious beliefs than religious behavior. For college students and the general population, means of weighted and unweighted correlations between intelligence and the strength of religious beliefs ranged from −.20 to −.25 (mean r = −.24). Three possible interpretations were discussed. First, intelligent people are less likely to conform and, thus, are more likely to resist religious dogma. Second, intelligent people tend to adopt an analytic (as opposed to intuitive) thinking style, which has been shown to undermine religious beliefs. Third, several functions of religiosity, including compensatory control, self-regulation, self-enhancement, and secure attachment, are also conferred by intelligence. Intelligent people may therefore have less need for religious beliefs and practices.

It’s great to see you leftwing nutjobs still don’t get why President Trump won.
Actually, I do get it as I have documented right here. Stupidity, racism, guns and clinging to the bible.

Try again, TheRegressiveTraitor. People are waking up and realizing that everything about leftwing “progressives” is a total lie.

The culture war the left is waging against Western civilization is in full swing. It’s an ideology that seeks to remove masculinity from men while encouraging women to be more masculine, while removing femininity from women and teaching boys to more feminine. An ideology that teaches that European culture in America is inherently racist, and that the mere existence of whites is oppressive. An ideology that claims it’s for women’s rights, yet embraces and promotes Islam and unlimited Muslim immigration.

The people see what bullshit the globalist progressives are pushing, and the American people aren’t buying it.

Ah, more leftist wealth hating rhetoric.

How about getting a job? Then you too can have some...

Jesus, I don't give much damn about consumer items, but these envious greedy ass leftists can't get enough.
Let me tell you something dip shit. I am 70 years old, worked all of my life and accumulated enough wealth to be comfortable in my retirement. I am not envious of anyone but I am contemptuous of greed and indifference to those who are struggling. I hate what the greedy ass Republicans want to do , and are doing to working people and the poor who have been victimized by capitalism.

Let me tell you something dip shit. I am 70 years old, worked all of my life and accumulated enough wealth to be comfortable in my retirement. I am not envious of anyone but I am contemptuous of greed and indifference to those who are struggling. I hate what the greedy ass Republicans want to do , and are doing to working people and the poor who have been victimized by capitalism.

In the unlikely event that you're being truthful, all that accumulated wealth on which you are now living comfortably, you earned through capitalism. And if you are true to the beliefs that you stated in that post, you must admit that you gained that wealth by helping to exploit and oppress the poor. By your own rationale, you're a hypocrite for now living comfortably on ill-gotten wealth, while others are still struggling to get by.

Go away Popeye and come back when you have something intelligent and relevant to say.

If we put that restriction on you, the silence would be golden.

We can post probably hundreds of videos where Obama tries to answer questions and stutters and stammers his way through any number of pathetic attempts. The man could read a teleprompter, I'll give him that! But take that away and he sounded like Mel Tillis on crack!

Ah, more leftist wealth hating rhetoric.

How about getting a job? Then you too can have some...

Jesus, I don't give much damn about consumer items, but these envious greedy ass leftists can't get enough.

So what are Republicans doing to those people that you speak of? Last I heard, he's cutting their taxes so they get more in their paychecks.

Forum List

Back