“Why Do They Think Islam Is a Religion of Peace?”

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by longknife, Apr 22, 2018.

1. there4eyeM

there4eyeM unlicensed metaphysician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,498
    Religions mostly supply the wrong answers to the wrong questions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Unification

Unification Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    What is wrong with that?

Common Law in United States is designed to "control people", since without it we have no way of eliminating crimes such as rape, incest, bestiality, murder, robbery, looting.

This is why controlling people who cannot or will not control themselves is good and necessary.

If your argument be that Islamic nations refuse to allow criticism of Islam, that is different, but the "controling" is not bad per se, since it helps to keep evil at bay.

And what do you believe that "makes sense"? I doubt what you believe makes any more sense than what you accuse.

I research Judeo-Christian texts, and all makes perfect sense to me - I not worried about what "Muslim rules" are that seem odd, I merely find it odd that atheists believe things which make no sense.

You read Foucalt? He atheist but do good job explaining why everything which modern "atheists" believe really make no sense, and is really just an atheist "creation myth" drapped up in pseudo-scientific language to make it seem more genuine.

3. Tilly

Tilly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Erob: Where the Sun Sets West of Phoenecia
    Ratings:
    +19,854
    Did u know it’s 2018 ?

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  4. Nia88

Nia88 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,504
    How does worshipping an invisible being make sense? None of us has seen God. The only people to have come into contact in God were these so called prophets. Basically we are taking the word of a few people.

If God wanted to gain more followers, shouldn't he just show himself?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nia88

Nia88 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,504
    Control is a problem when you start controlling absurd things like what people down other their genitals. Or telling people to starve themselves for a certain period of time.

And in Islam its even more comical. There's a rule in Islam where you can't have onion breath before praying. I mean really? God is all powerful but can't stand onion breath.

6. Tilly

Tilly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Erob: Where the Sun Sets West of Phoenecia
    Ratings:
    +19,854
    The main problem with Islam, IMO, is that even though they deny it, muslims worship Mohammed as well as Allah.

Regardless of wether you agree with / believe this or not, Mohammed is viewed as the perfect being and ‘good’ Muslims seek to emulate him, just as ‘good’ Christians strive to be more Christ-like.

Unfortunately, it is abundantly clear on reading the Quran, Bukhari Hadith etc, that mo was not a ‘good’ man by any stretch of the imagination.
    He was a warlord, he enslaved people, he had sex slaves, he married and consummated his marriage with a child of 6 and 9 yrs respectively.
    He had men beheaded in front of their wives and children, he was racist against those with darker skin, and he had utter contempt for other religions and their followers, particularly after being rejected by the Jews.

The Quran reads like a hate manual, so I for one am not surprised at the brutality and intolerance seen in muslim majority nations, nor the barbarity of sharia law, not that they are conducting terrorism all over the Western world and the world in general. IMHO, Islam sucks. Really Bigly.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  7. Unification

Unification Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Ha ha, that be ignorant.

You've never seen atoms, just seen pictures of them, so I suppose you think atoms are "myth" and not exist?

God is not anthropomorphic like in graven images of bearded men, God is rather abstract and tran-scendent entity like laws of universe.

I guess prophets are wise men and elders who study the universe, so they understand it better than ignorant.

Nay, you have primitive conception of God. God not need ignorant people who believe it to be depicted as bearded man.

This be like ignorant pagans who worship false human-based god such as Zeus or Thor, rather than One Transcendent God -

this be why Abrahamic faiths not want God depicted with graven images, since it allow ignorant to believe God is merely a "pwerful mortal", like Zeus, but rather the ultimate principle of cosmos.

So of course this be why science is religious construct hiijacked by atheists, since science is study of the laws of cosmos, it is therefore study of nature of God.

8. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,498
    violence between jews in the first century AD was trivial----no "MASS KILLING"---just individual political assassinations. The real wholesale killing stuff was STILL ROMAN
    The OT describes civil war that broke out amongst the "children of Israel" while still in the desert----it was somewhat tribal-----however the tribe LEVITE was divided----which was really the instigating problem. Moses and Aaron were LEVITE-----as was KORACH and DATAN (Edward g. Robinson)<< they led a rebellion against Moses and Aaron. Levi----is the third son of Jacob----a problem child-----
    he attacked the gentiles of SHECHEM. The real story of the Tribe of Levi is one of REDEMPTION-------ask Hobelem. It is the Levites who are the
    musicians of the TEMPLE
    SHEEEEEESH didn't you guys see the Movie------easy to remember-----Charlton Heston is a Levite and so is Edward G. Robinson?.
    The tribe of Levites SURVIVES
    Penny dear-----your catechism whore failed again

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,498
    I should add that SHECHEM is now called NABLUS---(still a problem)

10. jbander

jbander Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,730
    I love these Islamophobic hate chants. First to start with you know these Muslim haters have no clue, and they're just spewing right wing hate from the party that is now called the hate party. Few facts They have the same God as as the Jews do and I/2 of the Gods that Christians do. The God of Abraham. Christians have massacred way more people in the name of their religion then any other religion, hands down.
    Read the bible then read the Koran and the Bible is way more full of hatred and killing and violence then the Koran.
    I just like these blind puppet haters that make up the hate party, in general terms they are brain dead or half thinkers at their best.

• Funny Funny x 1