"Why do they hate us?"

G

Gabriella84

I was home on Sunday and my fiance was tormenting me by listening to one of those repetitive conservative radio talk shows. As always, they were discussing Iraq, and how horrible the Iraqi people were for defending their homeland.
This caller comes on and asks, in a very perplexed voice, "Why do they hate us?"

And I immediately thought: "DUDE! You invaded their country! You are an occupying force!"
That never gets through to anyone.
The average Iraqi is dirt poor, uneducated and just trying to survive. He doesn't understand the petty differences between two nations. He just wonders why some foreigner is walking around in front of his home with a rifle.
Regardless of what you think about Iraq (or any other country), it's still their country. No one asked us to intervene. And if you invade someone's country, they are going to defend themselves.
And why Iraq? Why not Thailand? Or Chad, Uganda, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, East Timor, North Korea or Indonesia? Lots of human rights abuses in those countries. Lots of government inflicted genocide.

During World War II, the Germans occupied France. The French people (aided by other Allies), organized a resistance force. They were known as "freedom fighters."
Now the Americans are occupying Iraq. The Iraqis (aided by others) has organized a resistance force. But they are known as "insurgents."

Iraq is not about "liberation." It is not about human rights. It is about one country imposing its will upon another country. If the United States wants to be respected, it needs to quit selecting its conflicts.

Gabriella84 said:
And I immediately thought: "DUDE! If the United States wants to be respected, it needs to quit selecting its conflicts.

You are absolutely correct. The United States should not "select" it's conflicts. It should just nuke a random country ...say one a week...until we either rule the planet or we run out of nukes!

What a silly thing to say!

And just who should "select" the conflicts the US is to engage in????

It would not matter which country the US decided to "invade" or for what reason...you being a liberal would make the same comments and protest any action taken by a conservative administration...you really need to transfer to a new University...all Berkley teaches is how to protest...and y'all have no idea why you protest...only that you are supposed to protest anything conservative............ :slap:

Gabriella84 said:
I was home on Sunday and my fiance was tormenting me by listening to one of those repetitive conservative radio talk shows. As always, they were discussing Iraq, and how horrible the Iraqi people were for defending their homeland.
This caller comes on and asks, in a very perplexed voice, "Why do they hate us?"

And I immediately thought: "DUDE! You invaded their country! You are an occupying force!"
The average Iraqi is dirt poor, uneducated and just trying to survive. He doesn't understand the petty differences between two nations. He just wonders why some foreigner is walking around in front of his home with a rifle.
Regardless of what you think about Iraq (or any other country), it's still their country. No one asked us to intervene. And if you invade someone's country, they are going to defend themselves.
And why Iraq? Why not Thailand? Or Chad, Uganda, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, East Timor, North Korea or Indonesia? Lots of human rights abuses in those countries. Lots of government inflicted genocide.

During World War II, the Germans occupied France. The French people (aided by other Allies), organized a resistance force. They were known as "freedom fighters."
Now the Americans are occupying Iraq. The Iraqis (aided by others) has organized a resistance force. But they are known as "insurgents."

Iraq is not about "liberation." It is not about human rights. It is about one country imposing its will upon another country. If the United States wants to be respected, it needs to quit selecting its conflicts.

Who should select the conflicts?

If we use Gabby's philosophy..we'll be attacking Thailand, Chad, Uganda, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, East Timor, North Korea and Indonesia.

GotZoom said:

If we use Gabby's philosophy..we'll be attacking Thailand, Chad, Uganda, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, East Timor, North Korea and Indonesia.
You mean to tell me they are not on the list?????

GotZoom said:

Exactly..then she would have a great big list to protest...she would be a happy camper and raise her grade points by protesting for extra credit... :mm:

I'm breaking this down line by line.

Gabriella84 said:

Not true. Most, if not all, of the insurgents are either former Saddam lackies who miss their days of torturing children for fun or foreigners from Syria or Iran trying to derail the new Iraqi government.

Once again, not true. I have talked to many many front line soldiers about the actions in Iraq. All of them tell me about the happy, smiling faces and the incredible hospitality and gratitude shown to them by the Iraqi people. One of them, a missionary, told me about a dozen Iraqis, many of whom had to rebuild their businesses after the American bombing inflicted enough collateral damage to knock the buildings down, who risked their lives protecting him from insurgents. The Iraqis themselves love us. It's the ones from other Muslim countries that hate us.

It doesn't get through because it's not true.

The first sentence is true, and only partially. Iraqis who have been dirt poor all their lives are discovering new prosperity in capitalism. Iraqis who feared being tortured to death now take their lives into their own hands and defend their fellow citizens against the insurgency. If you think Iraqis don't understand or care about the regime change, check the poll numbers for the election. I seem to remember a touching picture of an Iraqi carrying a crippled friend on his back to the polls. Or better yet, talk to my half-Iraqi friend, Amira Al-Jiboori, who has been able to talk to her paternal family for the first time in her life. Oh, they get it, and they love it.

It is now. Before that, it was Saddam's country, and nobody else's. You don't believe me? Stop asking arrogant people who think they know everything and try asking an Iraqi. That's what I did.

It's a long list and we don't have the resources to hit it all. Iraq had a combination of weak defenses, human rights issues, and possible WMDs. We chose that target from the list for a number of reasons, and the fact that we acted shows the rest of the list that we mean business.

The French resistance was made up of common Frenchmen who wanted their sovreignty back. The insurgency in Iraq are members of the former regime and foreigners. They don't care about Iraq's sovreignty, as they still have it. They care about one thing: killing Americans.

Wrong again. If we were imposing our will, we'd install our own government and we sure as hell wouldn't have elections. The Iraqis now rule their own country and as soon as they can defend themselves, we'll be gone, possibly off to Darfur.

As far as selecting our own conflicts, if we don't, who should? You? The corrupt U.N., whose human rights chair country commits genocide? Maybe we should just grab a dart and a world map.

Great post. I really liked your response to this part:
As always, they were discussing Iraq, and how horrible the Iraqi people were for defending their homeland.
I don't have much to add to what you said. I don't see how people can really be this ignorant. Blowing up your fellow Iraqis and trying to kill people for "collaborating with the infidels" (as opposed to siding with the terrorists who don't want what's best for the country. Hmmm, I wonder why they'd rather "collaborate with the infidels"?) is not defending their homeland. If they were really defending their homeland, they'd try to contribute to the rebuilding process and fight the elements who embrace terror and chaos.

Gabriella84 said:
they were discussing Iraq, and how horrible the Iraqi people were for defending their homeland. This caller comes on and asks, in a very perplexed voice, "Why do they hate us?" And I immediately thought: "DUDE! You invaded their country! You are an occupying force!"

pick your side.......

the freedom fighters who, if they win, would put a "sadam" back in power

or

the evil occupying force who are attempting to create a constitutional "democratic" government to ensure that a "sadam" could never again achieve power.

Gabriella84 said:
"Why do they hate us?"

If they are medieval Islamic murderers, who really gives a shit why they hate us...they aspire to sending the planet back to a time when men ruled the planet, women gave birth, and could be killed for not cooking dinner.

Everyone worships the god "they" choose, or your head is severed from your torso.

I don't give it a second thought, on why they might hate us...if they support the Taliban or radical Islamic theology, or medieval thuggery, they should be vanquished without hesitation with extremem prejudice. I do not want the possibility of "them" coming to the US to try and destroy the freedoms that we have.

Their likes will be flushed down the toilet of history with Hitler, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Jeffrey Dahmer, Charlie Manson and Ted Bundy......they will not be missed...they bring no redeeming qualities to the human existence, nor should they be given any quarter.....

Gabby, if you have a lick of intelligence, you'll take what Hobbit replied with, and change your life. Your opinions on things political are ALWAYS WRONG. You pick the wrong side of arguments - because you LOVE drama and scandal and conspiracy.

Change the way you think...really.

Gabriella84 said:

Hey Gabby! As an American, I like selecting our conflicts rather than having them selected for me. I don't like the idea of waiting til I'm hit first! I may not be able to respond.

Hmm...let's see. If being a college student has taught me how to protest, I guess being in the military (or military wannabes) has taught you all how to kill people. And I am sure you all enjoy it.

Their likes will be flushed down the toilet of history with Hitler, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Jeffrey Dahmer, Charlie Manson and Ted Bundy

George W. Bush fits in well with this group. Though he has always reminded me more of Stalin.
"Hey Jeff, pass me a leg, will ya"
"Sure thing W. You want pretzels with that?"

Gabriella84 said:
Hmm...let's see. If being a college student has taught me how to protest, I guess being in the military (or military wannabes) has taught you all how to kill people. And I am sure you all enjoy it.

George W. Bush fits in well with this group. Though he has always reminded me more of Stalin.
"Hey Jeff, pass me a leg, will ya"
"Sure thing W. You want pretzels with that?"

You've just proven that you have low intelligence, and even lower common-sense.

-=d=- said:
You've just proven that you have low intelligence, and even lower common-sense.

She proved that awhile ago - where you been? :duh3:

I would wager my intelligence against anyone here. Show me your PhD.

Gabriella84 said:
I would wager my intelligence against anyone here. Show me your PhD.

Nobody with a modicum of intelligence can write and believe the stuff you post up here - it's biologically impossible. Seriously..

Oh - I've got a copy of my PhD right here in my pocket for you:

bandarinbutton.gif

-=d=- said:
Nobody with a modicum of intelligence can write and believe the stuff you post up here - it's biologically impossible. Seriously..

Oh - I've got a copy of my PhD right here in my pocket for you:

bandarinbutton.gif

Hey! You gave her Jeff's prize. Indian giver.

Forum List

Back