Why do the New York Dems want Weiner to stay?

Here's a question.... how about his INCREDIBLY POOR FUCKING JUDGMENT?

Give me a break, this guy's a fool.

I think we are getting a little too sensitive in the standards we hold our politicians to. It used to be indulging in open crime or corruption would end your career. The personal lives of politicians were generally ignored. Infidelity or divorce were generally left up to the voters to decide if they wanted strict family values in their candidate.

Politicians have been looking to get laid since there have been politicians. It happens in both parties and aroung the globe.

Sexting is a new game that many Americans play. In some cases it is fishing for potential mates, in other cases it is engaging in online fantasy. As far as I know, it does not break any laws. It is up to the voters to decide how much of their representatives private lives they want to get involved in

LMAO!! and just what standard do you hold your politicians to there sport? Is there such a thing as to low for you to go.

I don't think there is I don't see the left being held accountable for any actions no matter how bad it is. So now it looks like its a race to the bottom because they know you folks are not going to say shit about anything they do.

gop-quit-crying9.jpg

His staying or going wouldn't affect redistricting.

It is also not true, your thread title. There is no consensus either way.

They are going to loose a Democratic seat no matter what. If he stays they can eliminate his seat and everyone else gets to keep theirs.

How is my thread title not true? I was not aware questions could be either true or false.
Why do you still beat your wife?

One standard I hold them to is breaking an existing law.

The list of politicians who like to get laid goes back to our founding fathers. Now we have progressed from actual infidelity to infidelity thought crimes.
That's a good point. Regardless, he looks like such a buffoon that he should resign. And he did lie about it.

If looking like a buffoon is the standard, then McConnell, Rand Paul, Bob Corker, Eric Cantor, and about 40 others should resign.

As for the lying, I disagree. This stood out for me, over at Alternet.org:

No laws seem to have been broken, no public trust compromised, no campaign irregularities indicated, and there’s been no suggestion that his flirtations interfered with his ability to do his job. The entire rationale for the scandal is that Weiner isn’t living in accordance with strict social mores regarding monogamy, and that’s it. Even the whining about how he lied when initially confronted is hollow. In the past, lying when someone asks nosy questions that are none of their business was considered a socially acceptable white lie. (And really, who among us would be a paragon of transparency with Wolf Blitzer waving a penis picture in our face and saying, “Is this yours?”) The pretense that it has to matter to the public in order for the public to get involved has been dropped.
He could have just said, "It's none of your business."

I think we are getting a little too sensitive in the standards we hold our politicians to. It used to be indulging in open crime or corruption would end your career. The personal lives of politicians were generally ignored. Infidelity or divorce were generally left up to the voters to decide if they wanted strict family values in their candidate.

Politicians have been looking to get laid since there have been politicians. It happens in both parties and aroung the globe.

Sexting is a new game that many Americans play. In some cases it is fishing for potential mates, in other cases it is engaging in online fantasy. As far as I know, it does not break any laws. It is up to the voters to decide how much of their representatives private lives they want to get involved in

Exactly. Politicians and sex have gone hand in hand since one of our founding fathers was boinking his slaves. What was different was the reporting of the behavior. In our 24/7 news cycle, we demand that news agencies keep our attention. Well, they do that by reporting things they would not have reported on in days gone by.
Republicans have BEEN on the Offensive, ever since the Dems jettisoned Nixon from the Whitehouse. Since that event, Republicans have employed every dirty-trick (available) to finally get their revenge.....and, usually fuck-up.

Sexting equates to hi-tech indecent exposure and should be a misdeameanor.
There is no difference between what Wiener did and old time 'trenchcoat flashers'. It is sexually deviant behavior.
post.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

Seriously now, Weiner dog needs to stay. He needs to stand up and fight for his right to stay in congress. He needs to stand up and tell the American people "I did nothing wrong". That is what America needs to hear. A married, perverted, strange looking......
THERE ya' go!!!!

I've been wondering how long it'd be, before some "conservative" felt it necessary to point-out Weiner's non-Aryan appearance.​

I think he's a disgusting creep as well as a lot of other things, buy why should he resign?

He sent some suggestive and, apparently, one weiner shot pics of himself to some females, engaged in some tantalizing texting dialog with them, got busted, lied and concocted a totally bullshit victimhood story, and only finally admitted the truth when more damning evidence came to light.

Now by comparison he didn't get BJs from an intern in his office, play the cigar game with her, blow his load onto her dress, wag his finger in the world's face while denying all and claiming to be the victim of political enemies. Slick Willie did all of the above and didn't resign his office, so what's the big deal about Weiner's weinergate? All he did was talk while Clinton actually delivered the goods, so to speak.

Last edited:
Why do the New York Dems want Weiner to stay?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-efD6wuhHpQ]YouTube - ‪Anthony Weiner MAULS Republicans on 9/11 Health Bill‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZXar9bhTyg]YouTube - ‪Peter King And Anthony Weiner Get Into Shouting Match On Fox‬‏[/ame]

'Nuff said!!!

:clap2:

Typical New Yorker, shout the opponent down know matter how wrong and stupid your view is. The guy's a liar and a cheat and you assholes defend the pile of shit.....pathetic.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....in New York, it's still spelled "....no matter....", you stupid, fuckin', Teabaggin'-rube.

slap_3f.gif

People lie about sex all the time. Mainly because of fear and embarrassment. I don't hold up what a person says about their sexuality, publically, as some sort of litmus test for overall honesty.

But IMHO..he should have either said, "Yeah..that's my picture..what's it to you?" or "None of your freakin business."

Sure you don't but then there is no low enough standard of conduct as long as its someone on the left for a political hack like you. Its funny as hell watching the left try to defend that idiot

These are the clowns that are proud to be so diverse that NAMBLA has signs up declaring themselves to be Democrats at political rallies and they welcome them with open arms and offer up their kids to them.
Aw, jeez......now, even the Santorum-fans are crawling-out from under their rocks.

man_shake_head.gif

rightwingnuts don't toss their own ... even for outing CIA agents.

but want to get rid of an effective leftleaning congressman?

shocking...

not.

Who ousted what CIA agent?
C'mon.....you're not that fuckin' stupid.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AMMqFttN9c]YouTube - ‪Valerie Plame on Sixty Minutes - Part Two‬‏[/ame]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it means they get to keep their district.

It is looking more likely that Rep. Anthony Weiner, embroiled in a sexting scandal, could lose his 9th Congressional District as part of a redistricting deal, multiple New York Democratic sources told CNN on Wednesday. New York will lose two seats when the U.S. House gets reconfigured to reflect population shifts recorded in the 2010 U.S. census. The state's redistricting will be decided by the New York State Assembly in Albany, the capital, with the expected result being an overhaul that would cut a Republican seat upstate and a Democratic seat downstate.

Weiner could lose his home base in redistricting deal, sources say - CNN.com

the peoples republic of new york is more communist than red china or calif. that is why people r leaving n.y. by the bus loads - we lose a congress seat every election now - that is why we had komrade hillary as senator - a woman who (like komrade obama) is not qualified to be anything but a street sweep
I'm sure everyone's quite happy, for you....that you've decided to maintain your residence in a state that's "...more communist than red china or calif."

:eusa_whistle:

rightwingnuts don't toss their own ... even for outing CIA agents.

but want to get rid of an effective leftleaning congressman?

shocking...

not.

Did you ever read the article in my OP?

Did anyone who replied to this thread?

Or did you all just assume this was an attack on Democrats?

survey says- no.

but you're wingbat loonnut anyway...:lol:

The direction this thread is going is pathetic. I don't think I've seen a bigger collection of blatant party hacks in one thread. Can we all just agree that BOTH sides are filled with liars, cheaters, and deviants of all kinds?

Even completely ignoring what he did, he openly and repeatedly lied to his constituents.
.....About SEX!!!

(Gee.....why does that sound so familiar? :rolleyes: )​

His staying or going wouldn't affect redistricting.

It is also not true, your thread title. There is no consensus either way.

They are going to loose a Democratic seat no matter what. If he stays they can eliminate his seat and everyone else gets to keep theirs.

How is my thread title not true? I was not aware questions could be either true or false.
Why do you still beat your wife?
I believe the more-civil question would be.....

When did you quit beating your wife?

241.png

You sure have some low standards. This guy is a disgusting pervert, a cheater, a liar and all around scumbag. So I guess you have some moral issues yourself, if you don't see what this guy did wrong.

At least our guys have their affairs with women.

barney frank would like a moment with you

Uhh open homosexual =/= man married to woman secretly wide-stancing with other dudes.

I heard this on Brets show last night.

Redistricting will effecively get rid of Weiner and any problem for the Dems.

While I don't care for Weiners ideology I rather like the guy. He had no problem speaking his mind and defending his beliefs.

I find it hard to believe that he could have been dumb enough to actually put pic of himself anywhere. Jeeze. Thought our Govt leaders were smarter than that. I guess not.

No dumber than being a regular client of prostitutes (Vitter), trying to solicit Gay sex in an airport bathroom (Craig), or sexting underage male interns and pages in Congress (Foley).

All three are Republicans, too!
I think the DUMBEST thing ever and takes the category for MOST SEXUALLY DEVIANT in American Political History goes to the toe-tapping KAWK Hunting Deviant...Senator "Wide Stance" Craig.

I mean...how EFFIN DUMB can you be? His deviancy took full control of his action and sent him down a HELLISH path...the scumbag couldn't help himself.

Damn RepubliCON$

Not even close to getting blow jobs in the White House from a star struck intern.

Forum List

Back