Why do the Left Wing Liberals Hate Corporations?

Fill me in Toro. Douchebag is a pretty derogatory term.

Actually, I think its a pretty amusing term.

There were big protests at logging on Clayquot Sound in BC in the mid-90s, with sit-ins and the like. RFK Jr went up to protest. And when a BC court ordered an injunction against protesters who were chaining themselves to trees be removed, he said something along the lines of how the rule of law wasn't respected in Canada like it was in America. He was very arrogant.

Well Toro, if a man is willing to walk the walk, unless you were there beside him, you are merely voicing your opinion. He may be right not arrogant or a douchebag.

But one thing I do know is that good economic policy is also good environmental policy. Because if it isn't sound environmental policy, someone is getting rich by making someone else poor.
absolute stupidity

every paycheck i've gotten in my lifetime, has been from corporations....all that i have worked for, paid a halfway decent salary, great benefits, and great bonuses.

(my bitch....NOT nearly what i was worth to them though....that extra profit that i made them, went to my boss's bonus....)

so, i'm grateful for corporations, giving me the opportunity to work for them and 'to do them good'...earn my pay.

every paycheck i've gotten in my lifetime, has been from corporations....all that i have worked for, paid a halfway decent salary, great benefits, and great bonuses.

(my bitch....NOT nearly what i was worth to them though....that extra profit that i made them, went to my boss's bonus....)

so, i'm grateful for corporations, giving me the opportunity to work for them and 'to do them good'...earn my pay.

ha! you are obviously a tool of the establishment.......:eusa_hand:

Actually, I think its a pretty amusing term.

There were big protests at logging on Clayquot Sound in BC in the mid-90s, with sit-ins and the like. RFK Jr went up to protest. And when a BC court ordered an injunction against protesters who were chaining themselves to trees be removed, he said something along the lines of how the rule of law wasn't respected in Canada like it was in America. He was very arrogant.

Well Toro, if a man is willing to walk the walk, unless you were there beside him, you are merely voicing your opinion. He may be right not arrogant or a douchebag.

But one thing I do know is that good economic policy is also good environmental policy. Because if it isn't sound environmental policy, someone is getting rich by making someone else poor.
absolute stupidity

Well Dive...I'm not gonna let you get away with your half sentence blurts. Lets debate the issue...

I think the modern corporation is becoming outdated except for regulated utilities. If you look around your house you are provided services by machinery that cost Louis XIV a fortune in servant salaries: flush toilets, showers, washing machines, dryers, vacuum cleaners and a long list of other appliances and conveniences. The US is still the world's leading manufacturer but that doesn't generate much in the way of jobs. Walmart, Target and McDonald's are the big employers in today's world but is anyone going to be surprised if they go bye-bye by 2020?

naaaah, we are heading for Roller-Ball territory imho...

absolute stupidity

Well Dive...I'm not gonna let you get away with your half sentence blurts. Lets debate the issue...
there is no debate with you
you make an assumption that wealth is a zero sum game
and it isnt

absolute stupidity

and it isnt

I wouldn't use that term, because you ASSume that economics is solely measured in mammon and that there has to be a loss. Good economic policy, in a TRUE free market, everyone gains. If someone takes a loss while someone else gains, then all the costs are not being internalized.

The Republican strategy is to split the vast middle and working class – pitting unionized workers against non-unionized, public-sector workers against non-public, older workers within sight of Medicare and Social Security against younger workers who don’t believe these programs will be there for them, and the poor against the working middle class.

By splitting working America along these lines, Republicans want Americans to believe that we can no longer afford to do what we need to do as a nation. They hope to deflect attention from the increasing share of total income and wealth going to the richest 1 percent while the jobs and wages of everyone else languish.

Republicans would rather no one notice their campaign to shrink the pie even further with additional tax cuts for the rich – making the Bush tax cuts permanent, further reducing the estate tax, and allowing the wealthy to shift ever more of their income into capital gains taxed at 15 percent.
- Robert Reich

Hey Londoner? Maybe you need to lay off the booze a little there eh? I am sure that your Parliament circus of various fools and corrupted individuals are leagues above our not so flawless by any means, once Republic, but now clearly by Democracy rule?

You stooges have destroyed England with your mentally deranged desire for endless handouts from the very people who gave you the abiltiy to feed your families to begin with. You stupid dumbshit you. Your kind is either gonna wake up, or you're gonna go hungry real quick in the near future. Try taking care of your family and yourselves instead of depending on the Government and others to do it for you. ;) ~BH

Why?

Corporations are the greatest drivers of wealth creation in the history of mankind.

Hmm, maybe because we are not concerned with great wealth, but instead with clean water in the gulf of Mexico, noncontaminated drinking water in Texas, seals running on the Alaska ice, meat without dieseases, clean air for our children's lungs, a clean river, and rain without acid, our children at the dinner table and not laying at Arlington cemetary, less taxes, more benefits, and more secure employment with living wages. That is kind of a generalization and not even all core items.

And corporations are all you say they are. But they are NOT love, caring, birth or children, warmth or hugs, or any human value. You can pull wealth out of your pocket, but you can't pull a clean river or a smiling face on the end of a fishing pole from there. You go get your wealth. I'll stay here and get a hug.
LMAO!

Get out the violins, tissues, and cry me a fuckin' river!

Yep, lifes just rainbows, unicorns, peace signs, bongs, roach clips, tie dyed t-shirts, Jerry Garcia, pretty flowers, yellow brick roads, partridge family buses, birkenstocks, dirty hair, crusty toes and, Barack Obama farts rose scented fairy dust and shits ribbons of lilac scented rainbows.

Liberals are friggin' NUTS!:cuckoo:

and it isnt

I wouldn't use that term, because you ASSume that economics is solely measured in mammon and that there has to be a loss. Good economic policy, in a TRUE free market, everyone gains. If someone takes a loss while someone else gains, then all the costs are not being internalized.
so, you have now flip flopped on your position
LOL

Becuase of their disproportinate influence on our govt thru lobbyists?

I do not hate corporations, Heck I owned a couple. I just think they have to much gotv influence and do not pay their fair share all the time.

And for the past few decades feel that they must continually increase their profit.
Quite often at the expense of US workers thru layoff, pay cuts or offshoring.

Thats how I see it. Increase profits while they ship our jobs overseas. I own stock in Sprint and BP (couldn't resist when it was at $30, kind of wish I bought more than 20 shares but not bad because its back at $47/share).

But we need a working class in this country. If we don't build anything, we have nothing.

I do not hate corporations, Heck I owned a couple. I just think they have to much gotv influence and do not pay their fair share all the time.

LMAO!!! I smell a wagon full of bullshit bro!

If you actually owned even one Corporation, You would never have said such a thing because you know why? = You have been taking it in the poopTube for years now guy.

And for the past few decades feel that they must continually increase their profit.

LMAO!!!
roflolrhardgm1.gif
~BH

Thats how I see it. Increase profits while they ship our jobs overseas. I own stock in Sprint and BP (couldn't resist when it was at $30, kind of wish I bought more than 20 shares but not bad because its back at $47/share).

But we need a working class in this country. If we don't build anything, we have nothing.

I agree 100% about shipping jobs overseas JFK. However, Both Parties support it. ~BH

I agree 100% about shipping jobs overseas JFK. However, Both Parties support it. ~BH

This I can agree with. Our representatives look out for themselves than whats best for the country, which legislation helps them get the best lobbyist job. I know they might have good intentions, but sometimes its just their own goals.

But I tend to agree with the philosophies of the Democratic party which is why I'm a Democrat.

and it isnt

LOL

I didn't flip flop on anything. Maybe you need to re-read what I said. I am paraphrasing my first statement to add more detail in the context of your zero sum game parable

This I can agree with. Our representatives look out for themselves than whats best for the country, which legislation helps them get the best lobbyist job. I know they might have good intentions, but sometimes its just their own goals.

But I tend to agree with the philosophies of the Democratic party which is why I'm a Democrat.

JFK, Come on bro, It has nothing to do with any Party. It has everything to do with what is right and what will enable us to survive as a Nation. Tell me, You can't actually believe that either of these parties support anything righteous? It's clearly a two headed snake in D.C. :doubt: ~BH

LOL

I didn't flip flop on anything. Maybe you need to re-read what I said. I am paraphrasing my first statement to add more detail in the context of your zero sum game parable
sure sure
LOL

LOL

sure sure
LOL

If one man gets rich by making another man poor, the man getting rich is externalizing costs. Pollution is the best example. If a factory emits toxins into the air of the surrounding community, and those toxins cause physical harm and financial burden i.e. medical bills, lost days of work to members of that community, those costs are not being internalized by the factory they are being externalized. In a real free market, all costs are internalized.

Forum List

Back