Why do the Koch brothers want to end public education?

We need highly educated young people to graduate and take on all those shovel-ready jobs created by our fearless leader.

Why should government be envolved in education?

We have "separation of church and state", yet churches thrive.

We should have a separation of schools and state for the same reason. Government should not be allowed to be in a position control our children and our education. Education should be free of government corruption and inefficiency.

Mainly because it insures only wealthy people get an education.

Silly, I know, but they don't seem to want to "Spread the wealth" for some odd reason.

And it's well known that educated people are generally productive people.

So..it seems a good idea to use government funds to make sure that poor people don't stay that way..and eventually wind up paying taxes.

Seems like a good investment..too.

We should have a separation of schools and state for the same reason. Government should not be allowed to be in a position control our children and our education. Education should be free of government corruption and inefficiency.

Silly, I know, but they don't seem to want to "Spread the wealth" for some odd reason.

So..it seems a good idea to use government funds to make sure that poor people don't stay that way..and eventually wind up paying taxes.

Nice theory. Apparently, it's not working out like that.

What bullshit.

When was the last time only wealthy people got to go to school?

Besides, the states were doing a FAR bette job before central planning showed up.

Just watch" waiting for superman" and see how ( at least Tenure teachers act) Sometimes you can get more of an education by having your kids learn on an online school!!

That government should pay for poor kids to get educated doesn't imply a government school system. The government school system has particularly failed poor and minorities. The system needs to be privatized, with government involvement limited to providing vouchers for those not able to pay.

OMG I think TruthMatters and BDPOOP ( no not a spelling error in her name:) ) does google all day just to post threads!!

God, you guys are always good for a laugh. I continue to educate myself and remain aware, and you (speaking out your ignorant ass, as always) fault me for it.

Too funny. :lol:

What bullshit.

Besides, the states were doing a FAR bette job before central planning showed up.

You're kidding.

This country had no real middle class for most of it's existence. It's only the last seven or so decades where there has been a strong and vibrant middle class.

Before that we look like any tin horn third world country. We had a small band of kazillionaires and an ocean of poor people. I can remember back when poor meant going without food for a week, no electricity from time to time. and wearing "holely" clothing everyday. That was my childhood. And I am sure it was worse for people older then me.

That government should pay for poor kids to get educated doesn't imply a government school system. The government school system has particularly failed poor and minorities. The system needs to be privatized, with government involvement limited to providing vouchers for those not able to pay.

It hasn't "failed" anyone.

America's been failing the education system.

OMG I think TruthMatters and BDPOOP ( no not a spelling error in her name:) ) does google all day just to post threads!!

God, you guys are always good for a laugh. I continue to educate myself and remain aware, and you (speaking out your ignorant ass, as always) fault me for it.

Too funny. :lol:

You post drivel from your trailer 24/7 on these boards.

You come across as dense / a product of public schools.

Get back to your box of Ding-Dongs and Mountain Dew.

Don't you have a scale to tip?

What bullshit.

You're kidding.

This country had no real middle class for most of it's existence. It's only the last seven or so decades where there has been a strong and vibrant middle class.

Before that we look like any tin horn third world country. We had a small band of kazillionaires and an ocean of poor people. I can remember back when poor meant going without food for a week, no electricity from time to time. and wearing "holely" clothing everyday. That was my childhood. And I am sure it was worse for people older then me.

I remember the same - maybe not quite to the same degree, but I remember mom claiming she wasn't hungry, or she already ate. I had to be much older before I knew she was lying - there wasn't enough to feed all three of us, so she did without.

Just watch" waiting for superman" and see how ( at least Tenure teachers act) Sometimes you can get more of an education by having your kids learn on an online school!!

School is not just for "book" learning. It's for gaining socialization skills. It's for learning how to adhere to a daily schedule.

Both things are key in the work place.

Why do the Koch brothers want to end public education?

Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state. –

Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

What bullshit.

You're kidding.

80 years ago was the start[ish] of the Great Depression.

so no, I'm not kidding.

remove the Dept of Ed and education will improve, remove the non-sense classes and our kids needed skills will improve.

A public education ensures that an education is AVAILABLE to all....it does not mean that all will WANT to become educated. There are the slackers, the selfish, the lazy, etc. but at least it is offered to them and maybe, just maybe, they wake up and take part in their own education. It doesn't always happen and those who CHOSE to not take their education seriously are the ones always held up as why our system fails.

In other countries, the lazy are weeded out early and are not measured in testing. Furthermore, in other countries, the schools have more power to pick and choose their students and have more power to override the parents on educational choices.

But...all in all, if people like vouchers, if people like school choice....let's try it first for about 12-13 years (one whole group of kids from Kindergarten to Graduation) in one state....say Texas...and see how it works there. Or eliminate public education all together for 13 years in one state...say Texas...and see how it works.

What bullshit.

You're kidding.

80 years ago was the start[ish] of the Great Depression.

so no, I'm not kidding.

remove the Dept of Ed and education will improve, remove the non-sense classes and our kids needed skills will improve.

Yep..and after that was the real rise of a Middle Class. Before that there was no middle class.

And removing the department of education will insure that for a good amount of the people in this country..there would be no access to education..and no standards to speak of.

In other words..welcome to the third world.

Although Washington, D.C. public school students score very low in literature and math, they do excel in the "free food" category -

"In 2009, 43% of all public school students were overweight or obese. This was one of the highest rates in the nation."

Forum List

Back