Why do some take belief in Global Warming as a political issue?

Good enough. Man has the capacity to change the climate of the Earth.

End of discussion.

Feel free to pedal your politics outside of the facts now.

How aprapos, a simplistic statement from a simpleton.

Good enough. Man has the capacity to change the climate of the Earth.

End of discussion.

Feel free to pedal your politics outside of the facts now.

How aprapos, a simplistic statement from a simpleton.
563092_3189534211456_1058875181_3026305_1513931816_n.jpg

Robert, for every report you can cite there are ten others that say something different. You don't know, you CHOOSE. There is a difference in choosing what to believe and knowing.

You have a choice of many "facts" and lots of "science". Because you chose one, does not mean you know. You don't know.

Hope that helps you understand the difference.

I don't know.

You don't know.

In any case, if you are convinced that 1% or 0.7% is an insignificant amount ..... I'll make you a deal: I will prepare you a glass of lemonade. I promise that 99.3% of it will be actual lemonade. The remaining 0.7% will be of my choosing. Insignificant and harmless amount... right?

I totally understand the difference. Let me offer this as an overview and let it fall where it may since I am NOT a climatologist.

Ok, over the last 40 years I've been in 154 of the Earth's 166 nation states so far. In that time period, the biome seems to be in a warming period caused by natural events as the planet is a salt water, fresh water and biome sphere.

Examples first hand of localized warming is places like the Nazca Lines of Peru or the whole central section of the Sahara. In these locations, at very high elevation and very low, with monitor stations positioned at random here and there over the years, it shows the Earth is cooling, and that induces localized heating by the Earth's thermocouple.

So, if ask, I would say the Earth is warming in its 14th warming trend over millenia. It is normal.

Not much but an offering of something.

Robert

And you may be completely correct.

Or maybe not.

I don't know.

You don't know.

What we do know is that man has the ability to make large scale impacts on his environment. Perhaps you have seen photos of the previously "dark" side of the Earth from space lately? Perhaps you have seen the South American continent shrouded in smoke from the fires of piled and burned timber?

While I do not know if man has or is making a large scale impact on the Earths climate, I do know that he is capable of large scale impacts that just a few decades ago, people would have lined up to convince me that man wasn't capable of. I tend to keep in mind that man is the single most intelligent thing in the Universe we know of and we constantly have surprised ourselves with the things we have done, both intentionally and accidentally.

I don't know.

You don't know.

I don't know.

You don't know.

And liberals want to spend trillions on it and conservatives don't.

icon5.gif

"Does health care matter? How will nations cope as climate change expands the territories of everything from dangerous diseases to deadly insects? One need only consider the effects of record tornados and increasingly severe hurricanes to begin to realize the human costs of climate disasters. And then there are the impacts on forests and ocean acidification, the latter threatening the base of the marine food chain, and all whose livlihoods or lives depend upon it. Back on land, the disruptions to agriculture could undermine the food supplies for billions.

If all this isn't enough, and for those that care only about money, the economy often is an excuse for doing little or nothing about climate change. The presumption is that what's good for the environment is bad for the economy. It's another of the fundamental lies used by the narrow special interests whose riches do indeed depend on harming not helping. But however politically dominant the fossil fuels industries may be, their business strength does not translate into wider economic strength or even stability. Climate change is an economic crisis."

Four-Horsemen-25-sized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

That is so wrong.

I take Globull warming as a bullshit issue.

....No doubt a result o' your challenged educational-level.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqPuKxXUCPY]Climate Skeptic Richard Muller Admits Global Warming is Real and Humans are the Cause - YouTube[/ame]​

HUH?

Global Warming Is a Fraud

by David Deming

That is so wrong.

I take Globull warming as a bullshit issue.

....No doubt a result o' your challenged educational-level.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqPuKxXUCPY]Climate Skeptic Richard Muller Admits Global Warming is Real and Humans are the Cause - YouTube[/ame]​

Hey! The fake skeptic changed his mind. Shocking!

icon5.gif

"Does health care matter? How will nations cope as climate change expands the territories of everything from dangerous diseases to deadly insects? One need only consider the effects of record tornados and increasingly severe hurricanes to begin to realize the human costs of climate disasters. And then there are the impacts on forests and ocean acidification, the latter threatening the base of the marine food chain, and all whose livlihoods or lives depend upon it. Back on land, the disruptions to agriculture could undermine the food supplies for billions.

If all this isn't enough, and for those that care only about money, the economy often is an excuse for doing little or nothing about climate change. The presumption is that what's good for the environment is bad for the economy. It's another of the fundamental lies used by the narrow special interests whose riches do indeed depend on harming not helping. But however politically dominant the fossil fuels industries may be, their business strength does not translate into wider economic strength or even stability. Climate change is an economic crisis."

Four-Horsemen-25-sized.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0i4Sx1edJE]Global Warming and George Bush - YouTube[/ame]​
Meanwhile Northern Europe is in the midst of one of their coldest and wettest summers on record.
Newsflash, the Earth's climate is cyclical.
Global warming/ climate change is a political issue. Not scientific.

I find amausing the following example of how desperate the Left is on the issue of Climate.
They lost so much steam on the idea of global warming that they tried to change the narrative by rebranding it into "climate change".

Forum List

Back